Gnex lagging more as time goes by, any suggestions?

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
After using to 4.2.2 my phone got really slow and sluggish and battery was dying really quick. I saw another post suggesting to do a factory reset which I did and worked great, battery was beth then ever and phone was very responsive. Now after couple months, battery still OK but phone getting more and more sluggish and slow. I don't have many apps installed and have over 20gb of free space. Any suggestions? Another factory reset? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm ready to break it sometimes too, but I like the nexus experience so I'm holding on to see what's coming. If nothing by Fall then I'll have to go with a flagship phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Colvin99

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering if there were anything I could do about lag on mine as well. 4.2.2 is probably my favorite upgrade yet, but it really stinks that my brothers DROID bionic is operating faster than my nexus.

Root?

Posted via Android Central App

dafunkymunky

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed some sluggishness lately as well. I'm thinking the Galaxy Nexus is showing its age at this point. Apps are getting updated constantly and taking advantage of newer, faster hardware and the GNex is just having a harder time keeping up. I still love my GNex so much and can't see parting with it at this point. The S4 looks great but I really don't want to give up the nexus experience for TouchWiz and all of that bloat. I know I could root and install a rom but I'd rather avoid that when buying a new phone. I have no faith in Verizon releasing another nexus so I'm just hoping the old GNex can last me as long as possible.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My Gnex is doing the same thing I reset it a month ago and now its starting to lag again The device it starting to show its age Trying to stay with it till my contract ends Which is in Nov

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mr. Orange 645

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. The other day I was watching a buddy use his new iPhone 5 to look something up and was really impressed with how fluidly it responded with no lag at all.

Another thing to consider is each time a new Android version is released, it is built and optimized to run on the most current Nexus device first and foremost. It is possible that in addition to aging, there is something within the 4.2.x architecture that just doesn't run as well on the GNex hardware. The GNex was not exactly cutting edge hardware when it debuted anyway.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, since I flash roms frequently, I have no idea what's normal anymore! But I will say that the phone isn't really meant to deal with some of the more complicated features of Paranoid Android.

I switched to AOKP and then CM10, and they both run really smooth in comparison. No lag here.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've lost faith that there will be another CDMA Nexus. After waiting for the N4, and now the S4GE only to be disappointed, I am moving to the S4 next week when my upgrade is due. I love my Gnex, but it is showing it's age with every batch of new app updates. If, by some chance there is a Nexus for Sprint in the fall, I'll reconsider but right now I'm going for the S4.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I complained to vzw about my nexus got a replacement and it did the same and root and rom didnt help so I called again and got another replacement and same bs so yet another call and they offered me a s3 or note2 as a replacement so I took the note 2 but I had to purchase a s-pen and battery door since they had 0 in stock and now im much happier but I do miss the 100% nexus experience so I root and rom and irs close to the same just a newer and better phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
So far I am not experiences any slow downs or problems. Phone still works very smooth and I use it for a lot. I am on it a lot during the day. I did a factory reset after each major software update and have not ran into any issues at all.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i have the same exact issue now. had the phone since jan 2011 and was always thrilled to show off what the other phones couldnt. now it lags and delays for anything i do. factory resets only last a few days or so as far as speeds. im def due for a new phone, i have upgrades available but am waiting til fall to see whats coming out. the s4 looks so tempting, especially the google edition.

droydlloyd

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I clear my cache every day or two with App 2 SD Pro. I've had my Gnex for almost a year with no signs of sluggishness. No factory reset. Battery life has been fair since the beginning.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Go back to 4.1.x. 4.2.x really isn't for our gnex. Don't bash me for saying that either. 4.2 brought lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12