It's been a good run....

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Galaxy Nexus the day it went on sale. It's been a good phone. I will say it hasn't aged well this year. It has gotten pretty laggy over the past four months. The radio was always an issue and looking back that was part of the problem with its initial release. My wife has the same phone the signals vary when we're standing right next to each other. There were work around for 4G/3G, but it was still a hassle.

I'm hoping the Moto X has less radio issues. I'll receive the phone today after cashing in on the Verizon Unlimited glitch over the weekend.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on the X and on benefiting from Verizon's...uh...glitch! You'll have to let us know how you like the X and how it's radio compares.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My story is just like yours except I got the LG G2. Did you use the VERIZON30 promo code?

Can I also ask some factors in what made you make the Moto X decision? I looked hard at that, the S4, Note 3, Nexus 5 (leaving VZW), and the beauty HTC but choose G2. I imagine you looked at the same?

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
My story is just like yours except I got the LG G2. Did you use the VERIZON30 promo code?

Ditto, including the code. Loving the G2 so far... a bit slippery, but the inbound case should help that.

To the OP, don't look at this as a goodbye to the GN... it's an opportunity to tinker, worry free. I know I'll finally be unlocking & ROMing mine now that I don't have to depend on it as a primary device. Shiny 4.3, here I come!

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ditto, including the code. Loving the G2 so far... a bit slippery, but the inbound case should help that.

To the OP, don't look at this as a goodbye to the GN... it's an opportunity to tinker, worry free. I know I'll finally be unlocking & ROMing mine now that I don't have to depend on it as a primary device. Shiny 4.3, here I come!

That's a great way to look at it! I can't believe you waited this long! Once you do it and realize how easy it is you'll kick yourself for not doing it since day one.

And since the G2 won't be getting KK anytime soon I'll be keeping my GNex to flash it as soon as its available. $100 isn't enough for this phone and will be a great backup for years. I'm thinking of continuing to use it as 4G hotspots and G2 as a wifi device, then swap the SIM to G2 when I leave.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Can I also ask some factors in what made you make the Moto X decision? I looked hard at that, the S4, Note 3, Nexus 5 (leaving VZW), and the beauty HTC but choose G2. I imagine you looked at the same?

Before owning the Galaxy Nexus I owned OG Droid so addicted to vanilla Android. All the other phones are burdened with stuff I don't want.

The Moto X does include bloat (that I disabled), but it still feels like Android. I got the phone yesterday and it feels like a natural progression of the Galaxy Nexus. In fact, the front looks very similar except it's slightly slimmer. The screen is awesome.

Loving this so far.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Before owning the Galaxy Nexus I owned OG Droid so addicted to vanilla Android. All the other phones are burdened with stuff I don't want.

The Moto X does include bloat (that I disabled), but it still feels like Android. I got the phone yesterday and it feels like a natural progression of the Galaxy Nexus. In fact, the front looks very similar except it's slightly slimmer. The screen is awesome.

Loving this so far.

How does the radio/signal strength compare?

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think the so called glitch was a good marketing stunt by vzw.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

A friend of mind sent me a text, telling me that VZW was still honoring the unlimited data upgrade over the weekend.... I then spoke to the vzw rep, and he said it was indeed a "glitch" and they would not be honoring the upgrade. Only way to buy the subsidized phone (moto X or any other phone for that matter) was to upgrade to a new contract. That would also lose the unlimited data. Only other way around it is to purchase it outright at full retail cost..

So was it a glitch? marketing stunt? or are they NOT honoring the upgrade? bc i would like to buy a new phone, at the subsidized cost of course

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
How does the radio/signal strength compare?

It's only been a couple of days, but I haven't noticed the 3G/4G switching at all. The battery is also much better.

The notification system is also a huge improvement. I understand it won't work on every phone, but I can't imagine living without it now.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think the so called glitch was a good marketing stunt by vzw.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm really wondering if it wasn't an attempt to lock people in for 2 more years and pump up numbers the last weekend of the quarter.It's just too convenient.

I upgraded to the LG G2 from the GNEX. It's been a good phone, but like you, the last few months it's gotten incredibly laggy for some reason. I'm hoping I can sell it and make back the $139 I spent on the G2! Either way the GNEX has been a much better phone than the Thunderbolt I had before it!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The signal strength of the moto x blows away the galaxy nexus. I get functional data in a lot of places where the gnex struggled to lock on a signal.

After using the Moto X for a week I can't believe how much better the radio is compared to the Galaxy Nexus.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
After using the Moto X for a week I can't believe how much better the radio is compared to the Galaxy Nexus.

Good to hear. My contract isn't up until May, but my GNex has become almost unusable recently. Constant lock ups, random restarts, etc....totally unreliable so I have been looking for a replacement. I'm actually considering leaving VZW due to the craptastic way they treated the GNex and their spotty service around here in spite of what their maps or CSR's say. I'm thinking of moving to AT&T once the Nexus 5 comes out. If I can make it that long.... If I stick with VZW I will probably get the X

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wont sell my galaxy nexus even tho its retired.The battery had gotten so it would not hold a charge as long but still had original battery in it.I didnt have any issues except battery just time for an update.
It was officially retired Sept 11,2013 when the numbered was moved to my MotoX.
My S3 was retired on that same day.I wont sell it either.Actually never sold my old phones .I only have one phone now ,my phone bill is cut in half and still have unlimited data btw :)

sent from Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20