Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Endless loop since Gmail update

Rorschach90

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Phone has ran pretty smoothly ever since I got it on opening day back in '11. Tonight I updated the Gmail app through the play store. When I opened the app, it had a notification on top saying that sync was off. I hit it, and then the phone rebooted itself, straight to the glowing X. Now it just endlessly goes from the X, to a black screen. It'll stay on the black screen for 2-3 seconds, and then go back to the X.

I've removed the battery and the sim card multiple times, but it makes no difference. I've held down the power button and the volume key, to go to the menu to reset the phone, but when I get to that menu, it just reboots itself again. Really st a loss here. Any ideas?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You already attempted what I would have recommended to boot into stock recovery and attempt a factory reset. You have removed the sim, battery...

Unless someone else has a different suggestion I would say at this point to grab the factory images from Google, unlock the bootloader and flash the images to reset the device. Yes you would loose everything but you were already at that point by doing a factory reset in stock recovery.

You can relock the bootloader if you wish after flashing the images.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you need further help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000