Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default In the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatnot

After more than two years, I'm putting my Verizon Nexus into semi-retirement. Other than call quality/signal strength, it's been a great device. Still rocks, still love it. Props to dmarck (I think that's his handle), the former moderator who spent tons of his time helping folks like me get the best out of their devices and troubleshooting. I don't think I ever added anything useful to the library of Nexus knowledge this forum contains, but I sure appreciate his and so many other's contributions (zeroneck is another name that rings a bell).

Keep rocking the Nexii, people. Heck, I'll probably decide I like my Nexus better than my new device and reactivate it in a few weeks, so if you see me again asking questions about reactivating a Nexus, in the immortal words of James Todd Smith, don't call it a comeback, I been here for years.

Thanks again people. And since I'm backing stuff up right now, I will post my current home screen, dock bar, app drawer setup. Nova Launcher 4 Life! In the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatnot-screenshot_2014-05-02-09-54-00.png
    In the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatnot-screenshot_2014-05-02-09-54-24.png In the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatnot-screenshot_2014-05-02-09-55-24.png In the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatnot-screenshot_2014-05-02-09-58-06.pngIn the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatnot-screenshot_2014-05-02-09-59-46.png
    Sent From My Cingular Wireless Nokia 5120

Default Re: In the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatn

A somewhat colorful guy with a mildly checkered past....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: In the immortal words of Kevin Cronin, it's time for me to fly...Thanks all for advice and whatn

Darn you Newport Viper. How did you know my weakness? Still, just like the use of human shields in warfare, deploying kittens in such a fashion should be a crime against humanity.

So, just curious, what did you end up going with? I'm well past my upgrade date and my wife is urging me to move on to something a bit more robust.

My contract is up on June 13 and personally, I can't wait. The GNex has been great, except for a few major-ish problems (sub-par camera, poor connection to my Mac for importing/syncing photos, music, etc). I'm looking at the S5 and the HTC One M8. Both have some decent deals now, just in time for Father's Day! Any others I should look at?

I made the jump to the Maxx biggest reason battery, it does have its flaws like BT issues, but I need the battery I go camping and need to have the phone. Best of luck and yes the GNX was a good phone with its flaws, thanks to AOKP it made it easier to handle the issues.
    Droid MAXX 32GB
    OS- 4.4.4 KK
    Waiting for Lollipop!

RIP-GNEX-you were fun to hack and install AOKP ROMS,but your time is over.

great,Best of luck and yes the GNX was a good phone with its flaws, thanks to AOKP it made it easier to handle the issues.