Poll: You a Verizon Customer waiting for Galaxy SII?

You holding out for "GS2" on Verizon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Since the Bionic has likely fallen prey to the resource hungry WebTop I've pretty much ruled it out as an upgrade and will be purchasing this stellar piece of equipment.

Who is going to wait for the "GS2" to release on Verizon? Milominderbinder put together a great timeline that went according to the previous launch of the Galaxy S.

If history repeats itself a loose timeline puts it around 8/2/2011. He outlines it wonderfully below (keep in mind this is only speculation based on last year's release schedule)

LAST YEARS NUMBERS

I'm in it for the long haul so I answered Hell yeah! : )

Reactions: milominderbinde

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It will be out well before august, the launch event will most likely be 5/24 and according to his post the phone will likely be released a few weeks after that. Plus Samsung has been hinting at a new phone targeted for a fall release and they will likely want to give the S2 a good head start on that one.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not waiting for it , since im getting the Charge, but im def going to get it even if i have to sell something.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It will be out well before august, the launch event will most likely be 5/24 and according to his post the phone will likely be released a few weeks after that. Plus Samsung has been hinting at a new phone targeted for a fall release and they will likely want to give the S2 a good head start on that one.

Correcto May 24th looks to be the US launch BUTT us VZW customers will have to wait a bit longer..

Sent from my Droid

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I am interested to see if vzw gets it, but I suspect them to pour all their crapware onto the phone, ie incredible 2 and droid x gingerblur....can you say apps as in vcast app store. Yes vzw can take something great and make it lose its appeal by loading a bunch of unwanted apps.

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I really want to get the S2 on Verizon, but if it doesn't have LTE then there's no way... Between all of the crap that Verizon has been pulling as of late and the fact that AT&T will get it sooner and has unlimited mobile to ANY mobile, AT&T is actually looking attractive.

Verizon's lineup so far this year has been nothing short of pitiful and I'm desperate for a new phone. I refuse to be locked into a 2 year contract with only a 3g phone.

Why am I so desperate for a new phone? Because I've rocking the original Alias for 3 years and my whole family is finally out of contract completely. The Alias only works on speaker phone now, it's great...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I really want to get the S2 on Verizon, but if it doesn't have LTE then there's no way... Between all of the crap that Verizon has been pulling as of late and the fact that AT&T will get it sooner and has unlimited mobile to ANY mobile, AT&T is actually looking attractive.

Verizon's lineup so far this year has been nothing short of pitiful and I'm desperate for a new phone. I refuse to be locked into a 2 year contract with only a 3g phone.

Why am I so desperate for a new phone? Because I've rocking the original Alias for 3 years and my whole family is finally out of contract completely. The Alias only works on speaker phone now, it's great...

I can do without LTE its nice but eh its not a deal breaker

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't upgrade until the end of September, so I will wait for the time being. If the VZW S2 does not come with LTE, I will be taking a serious look at T-mo and AT&T versions. I won't waste an upgrade on anything less than a phone with dual core and LTE.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at this phone but now I am over it. 1st because of the slow updates and now I found out that it is not 4G. No 4g is a deal breaker for me.. Sticking with the Bionic/Targa for now...

RodoBabbins

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The SGS2 is a really nice upgrade, and I will wait for it but I want it now :D

LTE would be a nice thing to have but for now it's not a dealbreaker for me, after 2 years with the SGS2 the LTE network will probably be expanded to pretty much cover the country.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at this phone but now I am over it. 1st because of the slow updates and now I found out that it is not 4G. No 4g is a deal breaker for me.. Sticking with the Bionic/Targa for now...

The combo of those two issues have me seriously debating whether I would want to wait for this phone over the Bionic. LTE isn't a deal breaker for me at this time because it isn't in my area, but by this time next year I think it will be in most places. Actually for me the bigger issue is updates. Samsung did a horrible job with updates on some of their other Verizon phones, I don't want to wait forever to upgrade to a better OS.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Slowie I hear your concerns. I really do.

Samsung was new to the game and I think they have heard what the consumer wants by way of providing cutting edge hardware. I believe they are going to position themselves as the leader in Android handsets by not only providing stellar cutting edge hardware but by also keeping it updated.

Providing timely updates is essential in building and expanding their user base. I'm only speculating but I do think that Samsung is going to set the bar with Android handsets beginning with the launch of the GS2 into 2012 and beyond.

I am a HUGE Moto fan but they are failing miserably in the hardware department.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Slowie I hear your concerns. I really do.

Samsung was new to the game and I think they have heard what the consumer wants by way of providing cutting edge hardware. I believe they are going to position themselves as the leader in Android handsets by not only providing stellar cutting edge hardware but by also keeping it updated.

Providing timely updates is essential in building and expanding their user base. I'm only speculating but I do think that Samsung is going to set the bar with Android handsets beginning with the launch of the GS2 into 2012 and beyond.

I am a HUGE Moto fan but they are failing miserably in the hardware department.

Dont sleep on LG, they are making a quiet push. Their last couple of devices have impressed me. Take a look ant the optimus black.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Dont sleep on LG, they are making a quiet push. Their last couple of devices have impressed me. Take a look ant the optimus black.

Without a doubt PC! LG as well is making huge inroads. Im VERY impressed with the new LG's.

Samsung and LG will be the premier Android devices to own I believe.

Sent from my Droid

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

LG is getting in on OLEDs alson ,I am testing for them right now

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
My concern is will I have to leave verizon just to get a good device. Now you have to decide whether you want great coverage or a good phone. Even with the at&t-mobile merger I dont see them competing with vzw until the invest in their infrastructure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar