View Poll Results: You holding out for "GS2" on Verizon?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah!!

    93 54.07%
  • I REALLY want it but I'm not sure I can wait that long.

    51 29.65%
  • I might but I'm not sure it's worth the wait and updates worry me.

    24 13.95%
  • Pfft....Not interested in it.

    4 2.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default Poll: You a Verizon Customer waiting for Galaxy SII?

    Since the Bionic has likely fallen prey to the resource hungry WebTop I've pretty much ruled it out as an upgrade and will be purchasing this stellar piece of equipment.

    Who is going to wait for the "GS2" to release on Verizon? Milominderbinder put together a great timeline that went according to the previous launch of the Galaxy S.

    If history repeats itself a loose timeline puts it around 8/2/2011. He outlines it wonderfully below (keep in mind this is only speculation based on last year's release schedule)

    LAST YEARS NUMBERS

    I'm in it for the long haul so I answered Hell yeah! : )
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    grayfox99's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4

    Default

    It will be out well before august, the launch event will most likely be 5/24 and according to his post the phone will likely be released a few weeks after that. Plus Samsung has been hinting at a new phone targeted for a fall release and they will likely want to give the S2 a good head start on that one.
  3. #3  
    grayfox99's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4

    Default

    Oh and I am a Verizon customer waiting on the S2, except that I'm waiting to jump to T-mobile when the S2 releases.
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Im not waiting for it , since im getting the Charge, but im def going to get it even if i have to sell something.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Im not waiting for it , since im getting the Charge, but im def going to get it even if i have to sell something.
    Lol that's awesome ....

    Sent from my Droid
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayfox99 View Post
    It will be out well before august, the launch event will most likely be 5/24 and according to his post the phone will likely be released a few weeks after that. Plus Samsung has been hinting at a new phone targeted for a fall release and they will likely want to give the S2 a good head start on that one.
    Correcto May 24th looks to be the US launch **** us VZW customers will have to wait a bit longer..

    Sent from my Droid
  7. #7  

    Default

    I am interested to see if vzw gets it, but I suspect them to pour all their crapware onto the phone, ie incredible 2 and droid x gingerblur....can you say apps as in vcast app store. Yes vzw can take something great and make it lose its appeal by loading a bunch of unwanted apps.
  8. #8  
    MagicMountainMan's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    ROM
    Whatever comes out first

    Default

    I really want to get the S2 on Verizon, but if it doesn't have LTE then there's no way... Between all of the crap that Verizon has been pulling as of late and the fact that AT&T will get it sooner and has unlimited mobile to ANY mobile, AT&T is actually looking attractive.

    Verizon's lineup so far this year has been nothing short of pitiful and I'm desperate for a new phone. I refuse to be locked into a 2 year contract with only a 3g phone.

    Why am I so desperate for a new phone? Because I've rocking the original Alias for 3 years and my whole family is finally out of contract completely. The Alias only works on speaker phone now, it's great...
  9. #9  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMountainMan View Post
    I really want to get the S2 on Verizon, but if it doesn't have LTE then there's no way... Between all of the crap that Verizon has been pulling as of late and the fact that AT&T will get it sooner and has unlimited mobile to ANY mobile, AT&T is actually looking attractive.

    Verizon's lineup so far this year has been nothing short of pitiful and I'm desperate for a new phone. I refuse to be locked into a 2 year contract with only a 3g phone.

    Why am I so desperate for a new phone? Because I've rocking the original Alias for 3 years and my whole family is finally out of contract completely. The Alias only works on speaker phone now, it's great...
    I can do without LTE its nice but eh its not a deal breaker
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  10. #10  
    MagicMountainMan's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    ROM
    Whatever comes out first

    Default

    ^Well to each his own, that's the nice thing about actually having choices!
  11. #11  
    sheba510's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default

    I can't upgrade until the end of September, so I will wait for the time being. If the VZW S2 does not come with LTE, I will be taking a serious look at T-mo and AT&T versions. I won't waste an upgrade on anything less than a phone with dual core and LTE.
    HTC One
    Google Nexus 4
    Google Nexus 7
  12. #12  

    Default

    I was looking at this phone but now I am over it. 1st because of the slow updates and now I found out that it is not 4G. No 4g is a deal breaker for me.. Sticking with the Bionic/Targa for now...
  13. #13  
    RodoBabbins's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    ROM
    Com Rom 1.2 Voodoo

    Default

    The SGS2 is a really nice upgrade, and I will wait for it but I want it now

    LTE would be a nice thing to have but for now it's not a dealbreaker for me, after 2 years with the SGS2 the LTE network will probably be expanded to pretty much cover the country.
  14. #14  
    BigDFSU's Avatar

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    I was looking at this phone but now I am over it. 1st because of the slow updates and now I found out that it is not 4G. No 4g is a deal breaker for me.. Sticking with the Bionic/Targa for now...
    The combo of those two issues have me seriously debating whether I would want to wait for this phone over the Bionic. LTE isn't a deal breaker for me at this time because it isn't in my area, but by this time next year I think it will be in most places. Actually for me the bigger issue is updates. Samsung did a horrible job with updates on some of their other Verizon phones, I don't want to wait forever to upgrade to a better OS.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Slowie I hear your concerns. I really do.

    Samsung was new to the game and I think they have heard what the consumer wants by way of providing cutting edge hardware. I believe they are going to position themselves as the leader in Android handsets by not only providing stellar cutting edge hardware but by also keeping it updated.

    Providing timely updates is essential in building and expanding their user base. I'm only speculating but I do think that Samsung is going to set the bar with Android handsets beginning with the launch of the GS2 into 2012 and beyond.

    I am a HUGE Moto fan but they are failing miserably in the hardware department.
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Slowie I hear your concerns. I really do.

    Samsung was new to the game and I think they have heard what the consumer wants by way of providing cutting edge hardware. I believe they are going to position themselves as the leader in Android handsets by not only providing stellar cutting edge hardware but by also keeping it updated.

    Providing timely updates is essential in building and expanding their user base. I'm only speculating but I do think that Samsung is going to set the bar with Android handsets beginning with the launch of the GS2 into 2012 and beyond.

    I am a HUGE Moto fan but they are failing miserably in the hardware department.

    Dont sleep on LG, they are making a quiet push. Their last couple of devices have impressed me. Take a look ant the optimus black.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Dont sleep on LG, they are making a quiet push. Their last couple of devices have impressed me. Take a look ant the optimus black.
    Without a doubt PC! LG as well is making huge inroads. Im VERY impressed with the new LG's.

    Samsung and LG will be the premier Android devices to own I believe.

    Sent from my Droid
  18. #18  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Dont sleep on LG, they are making a quiet push. Their last couple of devices have impressed me. Take a look ant the optimus black.
    LG is getting in on OLEDs alson ,I am testing for them right now

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    I knew I liked you DroidXcon! Great taste in equipment my friend : )

    Sent from my Droid
  20. #20  

    Default

    My concern is will I have to leave verizon just to get a good device. Now you have to decide whether you want great coverage or a good phone. Even with the at&t-mobile merger I dont see them competing with vzw until the invest in their infrastructure.
  21. #21  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,358 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default

    Maybe. It is on the short list. I am kinda still happy with the X. Getting GB sure makes it nice. I am considering I phone 5 or nexus "next." Lots of choices...
  22. #22  

    Default

    Yea I was all set to break down and get the charge but then delays hit and I was shocked... ... ...

    Now I'm really hung up on this phone if it's lte or not... really love the features and design. Loved the charges physical keys tho...

    I know ill end I'll rooting so I can rom and overclock, and my guess is setup like that the s2 might even hover towards lte like speeds for normal usage of airwaves. Big downloads excluded.

    The bio-rga also seriously has given me pause but with literally no info about its release or revamped features beyond rampant speculation on the forums makes waiting torturous... then again we really have no definite info if the s2 is on verizon/not, has lte/doesn't, or when its going to release...

    I'm holding out for the may 24th event and hoping for a miracle simultaneous multicarrier release...

    I can't get any work done cause all I can think about is this!!!!

    To wrap up I'd like to see a discussion on which phone do u all think will be most dominate when rooted, rommed and kerneled out to its Max overclocked state.. take into account lte vs. Non-lte possibilities. And also having the phone over 2 years of a contract.

    Not to mention tiered data. Although i imagine the equivalent $30 package on tiered data will have a fairly high threshold of gigs.

    Considerations:
    Charge (lte w/ single core overclocked)
    S2 (most likely non lte but dual core over clocked)
    Bionic/targa (best of both but no SAMOLED+ or timeframe other than summer)

    Sorry for long post ... prolly should have made this its own thread (or three), but I'm way overtired and should be sleeping but tapatalking on my OG Droid instead...

    All right people, let it rip there's a ways to go before may 24!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  23. #23  
    jjcasillas15's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

    Default

    Gonna wait for the SGS2 on Verizon. Thought about switching carriers but get really good signal where I live with Verizon. My upgrade isn't until Sept anyways so who knows what will be out by then.
  24. #24  

    Default

    There has not even been any Mention or Leaks that the GS2 is even coming to Verizon from anyone. At least Verizon said something about the Targa/Bionic coming but nothing about this phone. Nothing from the Panda or the Leaks nothing only just Speculation that they would do it because the did it with the old Galaxy S.. Oh though this is a good phone with Best screen I ever seen. Retna what? Just to have some kind of proof would make people feel better about it.. To get our hopes up for the GS2 and it will not be released by Verizon will be a terrible let down.. Just waiting for some kind of solid proof. All we heard is that it is not a 4G phone and again that is not solid news.. I need a phone that is LTE and Dual core if I am going to have it for 2 Years.
    Last edited by Preach2k; 05-07-2011 at 11:30 AM.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Preacher problem with buying an LTE device this year is that the equipment is poor. There are A LOT of problems and I'm not up for dealing with that for 2 years. I was in your camp months ago. An LTE device was a must but as I see it now its a technology that is still way too young and unreliable. Sometime next year the good LTE handsets will start to arrive and that's when I may use my other upgrade to purchase. 2 years is a LOONNNG time to be dealing with problematic equipment.

    What will be very telling is how the Charge performs. I'd recommend you watch that roll-out and subsequent problems if any.

    Sent from my Droid
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B