Potential for a letdown.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
More and more I get the feeling that this phone will be a huge disappointment when it is finally released. It is perfect as is right now (I don't care about 4g), but I think the vzw is totally going to mess wIth the form factor and it will be a completely different phone that the European version. I hope I am wrong, but these delays are worrisome and are killing me.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid you're probably right. Even if they leave the form factor alone they'll load it with Bing and so much Bloatware that the experience isn't nearly as enjoyable. Verizon is responsible for ruining more Android phones than anybody.

kruizin

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting tired of waiting too, but things like bing and other bloatware that vzw may put on it would be easily fixed with a custom rom.

But yeah...I am way tired of waiting, way way tired!

srh12

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
If it came out soon, I could live with the bloat. But if verizon gets it later, after other carriers AND puts an obscene amount of bloat on it (like they did to my poor droid charge) I will be pretty bummed.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Be nice if Samsung is taking a page out of Apples book and telling the carriers "no bloat" on our handset.

Regardless, it will be easily removed. Like others though I'd like it to come as lean as possible as well.

Sent from my Droid

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This is one of 2 phones I am waiting for as well. I have to agree with others here that Verizon will find a way to screw it up. I sure wish Verizon had "bigger" competition.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
From occasionally reading through the FUNCTION section I've noticed a fair number of the threads tend to turn into LTE discussions (sorry, I realize this doesn't help). I'm just speaking of it just in general, and not trying to prove that it will make the phone too thick etc. etc. but I am thinking lack of LTE would be the biggest disappointment for the VZers. The techies know that with its processing power, 3G wouldn't do its data speeds justice, the inquiring consumer would notice and ask a rep why certain specs aren't as high as the phone next to it, and the rest of the masses might overlook it because 4g just sounds bigger and better.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid you're probably right. Even if they leave the form factor alone they'll load it with Bing and so much Bloatware that the experience isn't nearly as enjoyable. Verizon is responsible for ruining more Android phones than anybody.

When it comes down to it though they kinda do that with every single phone. No matter what phone you end up getting it will have bloatware and maybe bing (I think CK said in another post that the bing contract was up). Bloatware is something that I can live with and I personally don't think that it ruins phones. It is way to easy to remove to claim that it ruins a good phone. If they mess with the hardware though and ruin it I will be quite angry.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
When it comes down to it though they kinda do that with every single phone. No matter what phone you end up getting it will have bloatware and maybe bing (I think CK said in another post that the bing contract was up). Bloatware is something that I can live with and I personally don't think that it ruins phones. It is way to easy to remove to claim that it ruins a good phone. If they mess with the hardware though and ruin it I will be quite angry.

Truth. It cracks me up when people complain about phones being "Binged Out". Really? Did they replace all the system apps with Microsoft variants? No. People just look for a reason to complain. Get over yourselves...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol