Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: [How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

Can someone please help me with my problem. First I rooted my phone using the xda easy root for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2. I think I rooted it right but was not sure. So than I redid the steps and than took out the battery than put it back in and tried to reboot it after holding down the volume up, power button, and home button. Now after the reboot my phone just starts up and switches between the Samsung start up screen and the Verizon 4g lte screen. Thats the only thing that happens. I tried deleting the cache but no avail. So can someone please help me on what to do next. Also, can you answer this question, do you think my phone is bricked. Also if I start it up with just the power button the same thing happens, toggling back and forth between the Samsung and Verizon 4g screen. At one point I left it on that for around 45 min. and nothing happened. Can someone please help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ferndchamp View Post
    Can someone please help me with my problem. First I rooted my phone using the xda easy root for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2. I think I rooted it right but was not sure. So than I redid the steps and than took out the battery than put it back in and tried to reboot it after holding down the volume up, power button, and home button. Now after the reboot my phone just starts up and switches between the Samsung start up screen and the Verizon 4g lte screen. Thats the only thing that happens. I tried deleting the cache but no avail. So can someone please help me on what to do next. Also, can you answer this question, do you think my phone is bricked. Also if I start it up with just the power button the same thing happens, toggling back and forth between the Samsung and Verizon 4g screen. At one point I left it on that for around 45 min. and nothing happened. Can someone please help.
    You are def not bricked . So you wiped cache did you try to wipe data. And can you link Me to the thread you used so I can see what you flashed

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I was so scared because i thought i read you are def bricked. Luckily i misread.
    I downloaded and think is insatlled the Official VRALJB 4.1.1
    I now only get to go to Android system recovery <3e>
    When in android system recovery I have tried 1- reboot system now, 2- wipe data/factory reset than reboot system now, 3- wipe chache partition than system reboot. After I tried these the same thing happens It just turns on and goes to Samsung screen and toggles back and forth to Verizon 4g Lte screen. Thanks for your help

I also wanted to note when on Android System recovery the only yellow lettering on the bottom says this-
    #manual mode#
    --appling multi-CSC...
    Applied the CSC-code:VZW
    successfully applied multi-CSC
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I was so scared because i thought i read you are def bricked. Luckily i misread.
    I downloaded and think is insatlled the Official VRALJB 4.1.1
    I now only get to go to Android system recovery <3e>
    When in android system recovery I have tried 1- reboot system now, 2- wipe data/factory reset than reboot system now, 3- wipe chache partition than system reboot. After I tried these the same thing happens It just turns on and goes to Samsung screen and toggles back and forth to Verizon 4g Lte screen. Thanks for your help
    Can you give me the name of the file you tried to flash in Odin

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Why do you prefer to use the USB closest to the motherboard? Technically all USB ports on a pc or laptop are connected to the mobo. Is there a difference between using a usb on the motherboard directly or a usb using pci slot? (not trying to sound like an a$$ just curious)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    Why do you prefer to use the USB closest to the motherboard? Technically all USB ports on a pc or laptop are connected to the mobo. Is there a difference between using a usb on the motherboard directly or a usb using pci slot? (not trying to sound like an a$$ just curious)
    I have been using Odin for years and have been helping people trouble shoot this forever. For some reason any USB that is connect to the mother board via cable tends to not work as well. i dont know what it is maybe a slight change in resistance or something but it has made a difference in so many cases . Laptops are another mystery i have had tons of cases where peoples flashes would fail in the middle of running on laptops and as soon as they move to a pc it works perfectly.
    Thanked by:
    dt81 

i think the name is CI605_I605VRLJB_CL414933_HW-Rev0406_low_ship_user.tarmd5
    I am usin odin3_v3.07_SGS111
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

i think the name is CI605_I605VRLJB_CL414933_HW-Rev0406_low_ship_user.tarmd5
    I am usin odin3_v3.07_SGS111
    Ok try flashing that again, but this time make sure you check off Auto Reboot and let the flash finish and do not pull the battery let it reboot itself

But how do I try flashing again? I can only seem to get to the android recovery screen
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

But how do I try flashing again? I can only seem to get to the android recovery screen
    You cant get it in download mode at all?

No, but to tell you the truth I havent tried any method but power button, volume up, and home button. I dont know any other way. Another thing when i connect it to my computer i hear it make the noise when getting connected but than nothing appears, and it charges through computer too.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

No, but to tell you the truth I havent tried any method but power button, volume up, and home button. I dont know any other way. Another thing when i connect it to my computer i hear it make the noise when getting connected but than nothing appears, and it charges through computer too.
    OH ok,,, do this to get into download mode,
    5.) With your Device off simultaneously press and hold Volume Down/Home THEN the power button until you see it say "Warning!!" at the top and a tiny yellow triangle at the bottom. At this time press the Volume up button to continue. This will take you to Downloading mode and you will see a green Android.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

infact continue with these directions as at the moment you are flashing stock image,

6.) Plug USB cable into your Device
    7.) Drivers will now be installed and Odin will recognize your device by assigning a Port and highlighting the box under ID:COM. (If you do not see a highlight port assigned do not continue and proceed to trouble shooting tab above, port number does not matter, just as long as one is assigned)
    8.) In ODIN make sure Auto Reboot is selected

9.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button..

10.)Choose the FileName.tar.md5 (which ever file you want to flash) in the folder with the files you downloaded

11.)Click the Start button in ODIN. (this should take approx 6 to 8mins,After Pressing Start DO NOT UNPLUG USB until it is Done, if you think it is stuck ask someone in the forums)
    12.) When done Odin will display Pass/Reset in upper left hand box If it gets hung up at reset give it 2 minutes to try to get to PASS if it does not change you still should be ok to move onto the next step

13.) Allow phone to restart , Welcome back to stock

Sent you a little donation bro. Let me try this out.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Sent you a little donation bro. Let me try this out.
    Wow thank you but we havnt even solved the problem yet lol. But much appreciated

ok am i rooting my phone or puting in factory settings.

Maybe im just being dumb but from here can i try and root my phone using the easy root i just showed u.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now i am ODIN mode
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

ok am i rooting my phone or puting in factory settings.
    The file you downloaded was a factory settings image, so if that sent you into a boot loop something def went wrong as this should have fixed any problem you had. but since it didnt i would like to flash the whole thing. The root image would not solve anything . Better to get the phone up and running and start fresh at this point then try to run in a circle. Also if something goes wrong and you do actually brick when you send the phone in they wont be able to deny you service since the image on the phone is simply a borked stock image

ok thanks bud.

Ok the file is downloading to my phone right now. I put this file on CI605_I605VRLJB_CL414933_HW-Rev0406_low_ship_user.tarmd5 the pda part
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Ok the file is downloading to my phone right now. I put this file on CI605_I605VRLJB_CL414933_HW-Rev0406_low_ship_user.tarmd5 the pda part
    yeah this will take you back to factory stock (hopefully). Then let me know when you are done.

Once system passed how do i restart
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Once system passed how do i restart
    if you checked auto reboot it should restart itself

Thanks so much buddy its starting up again. Ohhh yeeaaa thanks a bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you help me root.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast