[How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

ferndchamp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe im just being dumb but from here can i try and root my phone using the easy root i just showed u.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now i am ODIN mode

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok am i rooting my phone or puting in factory settings.

The file you downloaded was a factory settings image, so if that sent you into a boot loop something def went wrong as this should have fixed any problem you had. but since it didnt i would like to flash the whole thing. The root image would not solve anything . Better to get the phone up and running and start fresh at this point then try to run in a circle. Also if something goes wrong and you do actually brick when you send the phone in they wont be able to deny you service since the image on the phone is simply a borked stock image

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much buddy its starting up again. Ohhh yeeaaa thanks a bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you help me root.

Very welcome..... to root go to the first post of this thread. download the first download stock rooted image extract it from its compression. then flash it the exact same way you just did

beefchopper

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes i will , The thing is i want to make things as detailed as possible so i end up taking alot of time doing them. Plus it is tough reading over their threads finding mistakes people made and trying my best to cover those mistakes so no one else makes them. But yeah ill do the best i can to get them covered. here ASAP

I and other noobs really appreciate the time and effort you have put in to create a step by step "root for dummies" and hate to ask more of you but as there does seem to be many who would like to use the GN2 with foreign sim cards if you could add step by step instructions on how to add APN information after rooting it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I and other noobs really appreciate the time and effort you have put in to create a step by step "root for dummies" and hate to ask more of you but as there does seem to be many who would like to use the GN2 with foreign sim cards if you could add step by step instructions on how to add APN information after rooting it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can write a tutorial based on what have seen posted but i dont have a sim card to make sure things work and help me decide what hurdels there could be so i can write one up but i need someone to test it or maybe i should find out how much an at&T sim is and buy one

beefchopper

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I can write a tutorial based on what have seen posted but i dont have a sim card to make sure things work and help me decide what hurdels there could be so i can write one up but i need someone to test it or maybe i should find out how much an at&T sim is and buy one

If you would be nice enough to do that I'd gladly reimburse you for the test sim card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol