[How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
would you like me to do it for you?
Do what for me? If you can find a working download link of the revision3 image and link me it that would be cool but other than that i am downloaded the root66 image now i think this one will work. The download shows it already in a winrrar file

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Do what for me? If you can find a working download link of the revision3 image and link me it that would be cool but other than that i am downloaded the root66 image now i think this one will work. The download shows it already in a winrrar file
Everything, ill root it for you then unlock it for you , ill control your computer remotely

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not have a pc. Is there a way someone could do this for me? Being payed of course.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I do not have a pc. Is there a way someone could do this for me? Being payed of course.

In the first post in a note I mention using the exynos abuse app that does not require a computer.

If you don't want to do that:

CRL said this
I had the same issue... If you dont have a windows computer or you do own one but are to lazy to update it to make it functional like me lol you can run windows in the free program virtual box. This will let you do anything you would need a pc for on mac as far as rooting goes.

If you can't or won't then maybe someone can do it for you. Where do you live? Are you willing to mail your phone out?

But really you shouldn't pay for something you can do yourself.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also I think I will use virtual box. But if I do that can I install rom manager?
How will I get a custom rom onto the phone?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Also I think I will use virtual box. But if I do that can I install rom manager?
How will I get a custom rom onto the phone?

No rooting will not let you put on roms you must unlock.
Never use rom manager. Even after unlocking.

If you want to unlock you will have to do the virtual box thing. You can look at tge unlocking thread which is a sticky here in the roms and hacks section.

After you onlock there is also a tutorial on how to use custom recoveries. If you need help please ask

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I feel kinda silly for asking this but I used the hide app feature and can't figure out how to un hide them. I just use the stock rom. Don't even know if this has to do with the root and rom , but never noticed how apps before this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel kinda silly for asking this but I used the hide app feature and can't figure out how to un hide them. I just use the stock rom. Don't even know if this has to do with the root and rom , but never noticed how apps before this.

Which hide app feature are you referring to

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

go to settings then apps and there should either be a button that says show all or I think you can swipe over to the all tab and at the bottom of the list there is the hidden apps that I think you are talking about... you can unhide them there

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this guide! It's the only thing that got me working again last night after I tried returning my phone to the stock VRALJB software using the "Return to 100% Stock" thread. For some reason, Odin would always fail at "NAND Write Start" leaving the phone with error "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue". I tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. It only worked flashing the Stock Rooted ROM in this thread, which is what I wanted anyway. :) Not sure why it failed otherwise. I was originally rooted on the VRALJB software via the Exynos Abuse Exploit, but lost root after accepting the recent OTA update (lesson learned there! :-[). Anyway, I'm back up and have now disabled OTA updates. Thanks again for this excellent guide! :)

stunna34

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
my screen just says firmware upgrade encountered an issue how to i fix this i need help

- - - Updated - - -

my screen just says firmware upgrade encountered an issue how to i fix this i need help

fishman33185

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a noob question. I did this and got the rom to install. I just noticed that there is currently version 12 out. How do I obtain that file in a way that will work with Odin vs having to unlock my boot loader?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63