[How to][VZW GNote2] Return to 100% Stock updated 5-12-13

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

[WARN]
Android Central, imnuts,nor myself take any responsibility for any modification you make to your own phone. Even if your phone sprouts legs, steals your car ,uses your credit cards or sleeps with your girl. NOT OUR FAULT!

Please Read Directions carefully as they are slightly different then flashing a custom Rom image​
This does have the potential of BRICKING YOUR PHONE.Follow Directions carefully, ask if you need help. and above all else never panic.
That being said, HAVE FUN!!​
[/WARN]​
Guide: How To Return to 100% stock
[NOTE]Below are Mirrored downloads to Galaxy Note 2 Odin Flashable Stock image. As new Stock images become available i will add to this list and I will make the original contents available by linking the names of each rom to their origin.
These files are compressed and will need to be extracted resulting files will end in .tar.MD5 this is the type of file that be used by Odin. If you do not know how to extract a file a quick tutorial can be found HERE. Winrar should work if it does not use 7zip HERE [/NOTE]

Stock[VRALJB]Image(Thanks to Imnuts Original content found HERE)

Stock[VRALJB]Image Alternative if the regular stock image is failing(Thanks to Imnuts Original content found HERE)

Pit File- use this file in combination with either file above if you are still having problems

Stock Download
[NOTE]Below are files needed before you can flash any files, please make a folder that you will be able to keep all files in one place so they are easy to find.[/NOTE] 1.)Download Odin and Drivers (Needs to be extracted with in folder you are keeping the files) Here -->
2.)Do not install drivers provided.Disconnect phone from USB if connected. Go to Settings>Developers options>Check off USB debugging mode. Then connect USB and allow phone to install drivers for a min or 2
Debugging.png

3.)Make sure phone is charged at least 50% before attempting to flash anything.
Preparations

Once Preparations have been made we are ready to start

1.) If your Device is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
2.) If your Device is not powered down, power it down now. Remove any case you may have on your phone.
3.) Still unplugged from your phone connect USB cable to your computer. Preferably to the back of the computer closest to the mother board if available.
4.) Launch ODIN on PC
5.) With your Device off simultaneously press and hold Volume Down/Home then the power button until you see it say "Warning!!" at the top and a tiny yellow triangle at the bottom. At this time press the Volume up button to continue. This will take you to Downloading mode and you will see a green Android.
6.) Plug USB cable into your Device
7.) Drivers will now be installed and Odin will recognize your device by assigning a Port and highlighting the box under ID:COM. (If you do not see a highlight port assigned do not continue and proceed to trouble shooting tab above, port number does not matter, just as long as one is assigned)
8.) In ODIN Auto Reboot should be checked off
9.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button..

10.)Choose the FileName.tar.md5 (which ever file you want to flash) in the folder with the files you downloaded
11.)Click the Start button in ODIN. (this should take approx 6 to 8mins,After Pressing Start DO NOT UNPLUG USB until it is Done, if you think it is stuck ask someone in the forums)
12.) When done Odin will display Pass/Reset in upper left hand box If it gets hung up at reset give it 2 minutes to try to get to PASS if it does not change you still should be ok to move onto the next step
13.) Allow phone to restart , Welcome back to stock
Instructions
Once Preparations have been made we are ready to start

1.) If your Device is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
2.) If your Device is not powered down, power it down now. Remove any case you may have on your phone.
3.) Still unplugged from your phone connect USB cable to your computer. Preferably to the back of the computer closest to the mother board if available.
4.) Launch ODIN on PC
OdinLaunch.png

5.) With your Device off simultaneously press and hold Volume Down/Home then the power button until you see it say "Warning!!" at the top and a tiny yellow triangle at the bottom. At this time press the Volume up button to continue. This will take you to Downloading mode and you will see a green Android.
Downloadmode.png

6.) Plug USB cable into your Device
7.) Drivers will now be installed and Odin will recognize your device by assigning a Port and highlighting the box under ID:COM. (If you do not see a highlight port assigned do not continue and proceed to trouble shooting tab above, port number does not matter, just as long as one is assigned)
8.) In ODIN make sure Auto Reboot is selected
Odintute2.png

9.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button..

10.)Choose the FileName.tar.md5 (which ever file you want to flash) in the folder with the files you downloaded
pda2.png

11.)Click the Start button in ODIN. (this should take approx 6 to 8mins,After Pressing Start DO NOT UNPLUG USB until it is Done, if you think it is stuck ask someone in the forums)
12.) When done Odin will display Pass/Reset in upper left hand box If it gets hung up at reset give it 2 minutes to try to get to PASS if it does not change you still should be ok to move onto the next step
Pass.png

13.) Allow phone to restart , Welcome back to stock
Instructions w/ visual aids

Q: What is Odin?

[INFO]A: A Flashing program to download Kernels and firmware to Samsung mobile phones. Also used in recovering failed flashes, bricked phones or doing full system wipes and restores.[/INFO]

Q:Will this wipe my phone of all data?

[INFO]A: Yes, this will wipe your phone completely and rewrite the partitions to a stock (the way you bought it) condition.[/INFO]

Q: Will this wipe my SD card?

[INFO]A: NO, this will not wipe any data on your SD card, only system partitions of the phone itself.[/INFO]

Q: Does this void my warranty?

[INFO]A:No in fact if you had a software change that would have have voided your warranty before this will bring you to a state that they will have never known an alteration was made [/INFO]

Q: I am currently running the latest software update, will this return me to this state?

[INFO]A: No this will bring you back to VRALJB Firmware build. BUT you will then be able to do an official over the air update to the latest released build[/INFO]

Q: Will i lose any apps or data during this process?

[INFO]A: You absolutely will, this is a full wipe of your system. Please make any backups you need to before running this if possible.[/INFO]

FAQ

Problem:Odin application displays one of the following in message box OR Odin is locking up in the middle of the process
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Resolution
90% of problems associated with Odin are due to communication between phone and computer
  • Reboot your computer
  • Redownload the odin package
  • Install Drivers you downloaded that are in the folder with Odin
  • Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use a different port
  • make sure Odin is the only application running and Antivirus is DISABLED
  • If you are using a laptop make sure its plugged in also find the nearest desktop and try from there

Problem: Caught in a boot loop at start up

Resolution
Power your Device down , boot into recovery and Wipe data factory restore. then boot up again
Troubleshooting

[NOTE]
I take no credit for creating or developing anything in this guide. I simply take the time to make it as easy as possible to understand.​
[/NOTE]
  • All the credit for this Stock image goes to
imnuts who originally acquired and posted this over at the XDA forums. Please take the time out to thank him and Donate to him if this helped you in any way
Credits
Guide: How To Return to 100% stock

Last edited:

aztok

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [How to][VZW GNote2] Return to 100%Stock

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW_Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i cant get it to work.. i need help!! thank you

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW_Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i cant get it to work.. i need help!! thank you

Are you Definitely using Verizon Galaxy note 2 or another version.

Most of the time it is a connection problems. Try rebooting your computer, use a different USB port then try again. Let me know if you are still having trouble

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

mrsneed

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

also having the same problem, I rooted with odin, installed clockwork booted into recovery then got the "unauthorized software" message. But will this method work once the phone is "bricked". what will happen if I take it to Verizon??? Thanks in advance

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

also having the same problem, I rooted with odin, installed clockwork booted into recovery then got the "unauthorized software" message. But will this method work once the phone is "bricked". what will happen if I take it to Verizon??? Thanks in advance

Don't take it to Verizon

You cannot use clock work without unlocking the bootloader. Don't use rom manager in general. Flash the file you used to root again and you should be fine.

Then go here and unlock your bootloader
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118348
[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] CASUAL One-Click -- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

What about instructions for people who use a MacBook

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

See Yang

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue. Then I remembered during while unlocking the bootloader using the one step process through Java, it installed a different usb driver. That one was causing conflict. Going into Keies, it installed an updated usb driver and that fixed the issue with Odin.

fishman33185

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Are you Definitely using Verizon Galaxy note 2 or another version.

Most of the time it is a connection problems. Try rebooting your computer, use a different USB port then try again. Let me know if you are still having trouble

I'm having the same issue. I can get other roms to take through Odin. Bit I need to flash back to stock and it keeps giving me a failed message at this point. Rebooted numerous times and used different usb ports. Please help need to get back to stock ASAP.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the same issue. I can get other roms to take through Odin. Bit I need to flash back to stock and it keeps giving me a failed message at this point. Rebooted numerous times and used different usb ports. Please help need to get back to stock ASAP.

Are you using the alternate restore file that leaves the boot loader as is? After flashing that take the OTA to relock the boot loader and be on vrall4.

Here's the location of the alternate restore file: [ODIN][VRALJB] Restore to Stock - xda-developers

fishman33185

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I actually used the alternate file and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I actually used the alternate file and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Most experts, like Adam Outler who helped to code the Casual hack that unlocks the Verizon Note 2 boot loader, recommend not flashing custom ROMS via Odin. They say you should use custom recovery. For the Verizon GN2 they recommend that first you should unlock it using Adam's Casual hack and then either use the TWRP recovery that the hack installs to flash custom ROMs, or install the Clockwork recovery using something like GooManager and use that to flash custom ROMs.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

[NOTE]Added Alternative stock file for those of you using the L4 Version of 4.1.1 , use this if original stock file isnt working for you .
Also added PIT file
If you are unlocked and want to stay that way i would wait for custom versions of 4.1.2 to become available. If you dont care about being unlocked and losing root then you can go head , return to stock and then update[/NOTE]

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Please help I am unable to return to stock.
I've tried both stock tar files with and with out the additional pit file. Also tried on 2 different computers with different cables. I get a fail every time I flash.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Please help I am unable to return to stock. I've tried both stock tar files with and with out the additional pit file. Also tried on 2 different computers with different cables. I get a fail every time I flash.
Have you tried uninstalling your current Samsung driver using Device Manager and then reinstalling it with the latest from Samsung - either the standalone version or the one that comes with Kies? Have you disabled antivirus and your PC firewall? Have you tried even more additional computers? Are you using the latest version of Odin - 3.0.7? Are you using Vista or Win7 and properly avoiding XP?

Last edited:

jdecho8

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My ODIN seems to get stuck on SetupConnection.....I exited out of it and tried again still stuck on this...should i wait longer

- - - Updated - - -

<ID:0/022> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/022> Odin v.3 engine (ID:22)..
<ID:0/022> File analysis..
<ID:0/022> SetupConnection..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12