Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    [WARN]
    Android Central, Chainfire,nor myself take any responsibility for any modification you make to your own phone. Even if your phone sprouts legs, steals your car ,uses your credit cards or sleeps with your girl. NOT OUR FAULT!
    "The exploit is used by this APK in unmodified form. You should be very afraid of this exploit - any app can use it to gain root without asking and without any permissions on a vulnerable device. Let's hope for some fixes ASAP !" ChainFire.
    By this he means you should be very afraid that someone else does use this to gain root access to your device by a malicious app or any other ways. So use this app to patch the security risk.
    [/WARN]

    [TITLE=Rooting and patching with ExynosAbuse app][TAB=FAQ][INFO]Q: What is an ExynosAbuse Exploit/ what is an Exploit period?

    A: An exploit by definition is :using something to take advantage. In software an exploit takes advantage of a vulnerability by means of bug or glitch. In this case the Exynos memory was left R/W (read/write)accessible to anyone who knows what to look for.[/INFO]

    [INFO]Q: Who discovered this Exploit and who created this app?

    A: This exploit was found by alephzain . The app was Created by ChainFire.[/INFO]
    [INFO]Q: Is this good or bad for me.

    A: Both, it is good because it allows you to easily root your phone stock with a locked bootload. Bad because if anyone besides yourself uses this exploit they can take FULL control of your device without you even know it.[/INFO]

    [INFO]Q: If this is bad for me why would i willing put this application on my phone.

    A: Because you can use this app to take advantage of the vulnerability and gain root very simply. Also because this app gives you the ability to patch the security hole allowing no one bestides yourself use the exploit to thier advantage.[/INFO]

    [INFO]Q: Doesn't rooting Void my warranty

    A: only if you return the phone without unrooting it, but even then sometimes they take it in to fix or return.[/INFO]

    [INFO]Q: Can i unroot my phone if i need to

    A: Yes it can be simply unrooted by using the SuperUser app function to unroot[/INFO]

    [INFO]Q:Is there any other Negatives to using this app

    A:Yes/No. By disabling the exploit you will patch the security hole which is great ,BUT this will disable the use of your camera. In order to use your camera you will need to go and enable the exploit again until you are done taking pictures and disable it again.[/INFO]

    [INFO]Q:Im already rooted and have an unlocked bootloader does this app serve me.

    A:Yes if you are still using the stock kernel you can use this app to patch it to prevent apps or anyone else gaining access to your device. If you are running a custom Kernel ask developer if patch needs to be applied[/INFO]

    [INFO]Q:What else should i be doing if anything to protect myself from someone taking advantage of this exploit.

    A:You should only download application from trusted source in the Development community and from the play store. Any other unknown application could contain Malware that could potentionally take advantage of this exploit and do very bad things to your device. If you are unsure of an app you can ask here in the forums if it is safe to use.[/INFO][/TAB][TAB=Where to get the App] [INFO]Since this a very important app to have up to date and Chainfire has asked not to mirror the Download i will provide only a link to his original thread where you can download the most recent iteration of the application[/INFO]
    [ROOT EXPLOIT][2012.12.16] ExynosAbuse APK v1.10 - xda-developers[/TAB][TAB=How to install and use][INFO] This app will root with bootloader locked or unlocked if root has not already been achieved. If you are already rooted you can still use this application to Patch the security hole(Disable Exploit)[/INFO]
    1)Download to computer or directly to phone
    2)If downloaded to computer move the ExynosAbuse.apk to your sdcard
    3)with a file manager like My files in your app drawer find the ExynosAbuse.apk on your phone
    4)Select the file by clicking on it and it will ask you to install or cancel. Hit install(if downloaded directly to phone pull down notification bar and hit the ExynosAbuse and install)
    5)Open the application from your app drawer if it does not open on its own
    6)If you are not rooted hit Root device option and follow any instructions if any
    7)Once rooted be sure to check the box for Disable Exploit (this will Apply the Patch stop from anyone else but yourself from taking advantage for the exploit)
    8)Also be sure to check off the box Disable exploit on boot(this will prevent you forgetting to disable the exploit if you reboot your phone)
    9)Since Disabling exploit will disrupt camera usage remember to uncheck this option when going to take pictures.
    10)Enjoy your secure rooted device

    VIDEO
    COMING SOON[/TAB][TAB=Credits]




    [/TAB][/TITLE]
    Last edited by DroidXcon; 12-18-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by 6:
    ferndchamp likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Also , I will not be taking down Odin method of rooting incase. Samsung pushes through a patch quickly. Now that the cat is out of the bag this should give them some incentive to move quickly if at all.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. #3  
    NHBass39's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Also , I will not be taking down Odin method of rooting incase. Samsung pushes through a patch quickly. Now that the cat is out of the bag this should give them some incentive to move quickly if at all.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    PM sent to you. Please check
  4. #4  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    I want to stress this again to go along with what DroidXCon said... BE VERY WARY OF THIS EXPLOIT..

    Always be mindful of what you are downloading. If you are downloading something that isn't a verified application there is a higher risk chance obviously.
    Thanked by:
    DroidXcon likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Is it confirmed that the patch will disable the camera on the Note 2 VZW always, or is it just a potential risk? I am trying to weigh my options of weather to just be very careful and stay out of the store and limit my random web surfing or to give up my camera and stay safe...
  6. #6  
    AirlinerDudeB6's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by Zs2art View Post
    Is it confirmed that the patch will disable the camera on the Note 2 VZW always, or is it just a potential risk? I am trying to weigh my options of weather to just be very careful and stay out of the store and limit my random web surfing or to give up my camera and stay safe...

    I havent had any issues with my camera on my VZW note 2 after using this. Plus there is a enable/disable feature if it stops the camera.

    Dont forget that this WILL root your device as part of the install. Not sure if you were rooted or wanted root...

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by AirlinerDudeB6 View Post
    I havent had any issues with my camera on my VZW note 2 after using this. Plus there is a enable/disable feature if it stops the camera.

    Dont forget that this WILL root your device as part of the install. Not sure if you were rooted or wanted root...

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    I am already rooted. Rooted the stock ROM with the previous ODIN method.
  8. #8  
    AirlinerDudeB6's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by Zs2art View Post
    I am already rooted. Rooted the stock ROM with the previous ODIN method.
    As long as you are on the stock kernel then this method will work.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  
    stratejaket's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    NuSense 7.2

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Something to note about using this root and patch method. If for some reason you are going to Unroot you need to make sure that you change the settings back to stock before uninstalling SuperSU. If you leave the expolit blocked and unroot, this method will not work again for you if you want to root again. You will have to use another method to gain root access again.
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by stratejaket View Post
    Something to note about using this root and patch method. If for some reason you are going to Unroot you need to make sure that you change the settings back to stock before uninstalling SuperSU. If you leave the expolit blocked and unroot, this method will not work again for you if you want to root again. You will have to use another method to gain root access again.
    Thanks great point, ill add this to the OP
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  12. #12  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Hey Guys: I have re-read the steps above and it seems almost comical how EASY this is to root via those steps. I simply download an app on my phone and install it and follow the directions.

    Let's say I do something wrong and it seems bricked..loops, etc. Is there a way of getting back to the normal stage? My buddy who wants to help wont be around until after xmas and I dont want to wait.
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    Hey Guys: I have re-read the steps above and it seems almost comical how EASY this is to root via those steps. I simply download an app on my phone and install it and follow the directions.

    Let's say I do something wrong and it seems bricked..loops, etc. Is there a way of getting back to the normal stage? My buddy who wants to help wont be around until after xmas and I dont want to wait.
    Don't panic and message me if something goes wrong
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    It was painless... but how do I tell If I am rooted?? I checked the two boxes as explained, rebooted, my camera's work and my device status says "modified" Does this mean I am ROOTED??
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    It was painless... but how do I tell If I am rooted?? I checked the two boxes as explained, rebooted, my camera's work and my device status says "modified" Does this mean I am ROOTED??
    Go to the market and download an app called superuser also download root checker

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  16. #16  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Congrats this device has been rooted. Thanks again Droid
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
    DroidXcon likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    I guess now I have to find out what I can do to this phone. First off is get that s planner calendar widget back!!! Then, watch that video posted today on how to fool the phone into thinking my sd card is actually my internal memory!! Also, how I can speed up the phone and then last but not least, add all my apps to the multi window feature!!
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  18. #18  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Woohoo, that was super easy, took all of two minutes (and I was taking my time)! Now rooted and able to use the full features of MyBackup Pro and my favorite: use Ad Away with the MVPS blocking hosts file! And as far as I can tell, everything is working as it did before.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    okay i've got the exynosabuse app on my phone now and it says i'm rooted, now what? how do I use it to customize my phone or do all the good things? sorry new to this.
    denden30 likes this.
  20. #20  
    thenameisnigel's Avatar

    Posts
    1,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Wow. I unrooted using SuperSU and re-rooted using ExynosAbuse. There's no way for us to build kernels with the patch?


    Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    This was awesome, it rooted in seconds, but I did not see a place to check to apply the patch. What am I missing. Verizon GN2 stock.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by SupperDroid View Post
    This was awesome, it rooted in seconds, but I did not see a place to check to apply the patch. What am I missing. Verizon GS2 stock.
    Did you read the section on how to install and use, steps 7 and 8
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Wow. I unrooted using SuperSU and re-rooted using ExynosAbuse. There's no way for us to build kernels with the patch?
    Im sure someone can but non have been made yet
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  24. #24  

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Yes I did , when I clicked on the apk it asked me if I wanted to root, I says yes, it rooted and that was it. If I open the app it says you are already rooted. I unrooted with Super SU and did it again , same thing. Also how do you add apps to the multi view bar?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by SupperDroid View Post
    Yes I did , when I clicked on the apk it asked me if I wanted to root, I says yes, it rooted and that was it. If I open the app it says you are already rooted. I unrooted with Super SU and did it again , same thing. Also how do you add apps to the multi view bar?
    i havnt had time to finish my write up on multi windows but you get get it from here [MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB - xda-developers

    Im rooted aswell and when i go to open the app i get this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit-screenshot_2012-12-18-18-53-25.png  
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What are the must have/best apps for rooted phones?
    By BurgesS in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 09:40 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
  3. Google Pulls Market Apps with Root Exploit.
    By Terrigno in forum AT&T ATRIX
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 07:23 PM
  4. Remove Stock Apps from rooted phone
    By grifforama in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions