Clockwork Mod Recovery Issues

SonOfUncleSam

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
After flashing the Verizon Clockwork Mod recovery, I get an error on my screen that says: 'System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help.'

So... How do I fix it?

SonOfUncleSam

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just for anyone that had the same issues (and is somewhat a noob like I am...)

-You MUST have the bootloader unlocked before you can flash Clockwork Mod Recovery (I did not know this)
-If you get into the same issue that I had, then you have to revert everything back to stock before rooting, unlocking the bootloader, etc. This means losing everything! The link to that thread can be found below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s/233850-how-vzw-gnote2-return-100-stock.html

Hope this helps anyone in the same situation, and prevents further issues!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Changing your recovery/flashing a ROM or anything like that will alter your bootloader and therefore give you a softbrick requiring you restore back to stock. You need to unlock your bootloader in order to do such things. There is a guide coming, we are ironing out the details and fine points of the guide to make sure that it is complete and very easy for everyone to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac