Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: [GUIDE] Unlock Your Note 2 Bootloader! Let Thy Phone Be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by imaposer View Post
    Phone was here when I got home from work. My biggest issue was getting my computer to communicate with it. I was getting a driver not installed popup, so I downloaded kies, and reattached the device, and it said not compatible. Then, it automatically started updating drivers and started working. Also, After it finished casual, it did not reboot to the unsecure download mode. I had to run casual three times before it did. Got the unlocked popup shortly after that, and now I"m on to putting beans4 in. Thanks!
    Thats great! Glad you got everything straight without any real big issues. I had issues with Drivers too, installing Kies worked like a charm but sometimes it could just take a computer/phone reboot as well. No big deal now, you got everything working! Enjoy!

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

If i used the one click root method and have done some slight mods to ad wifi toggle if i unroot with supersu should i use the version for phones without root?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by crl95 View Post
    If i used the one click root method and have done some slight mods to ad wifi toggle if i unroot with supersu should i use the version for phones without root?
    Yeah, casual is going to root you. He may have fixed it but before casual would try to root you and if things were not just right it would cause an error. So just best to unroot and start from there. But if you used exynos abuse app to root make sure that you do not have the patch boxes checked before unrooting
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    crl95 

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Yeah, casual is going to root you. He may have fixed it but before casual would try to root you and if things were not just right it would cause an error. So just best to unroot and start from there. But if you used exynos abuse app to root make sure that you do not have the patch boxes checked before unrooting
    okay thanks and whats a safe battery percentage to start this at... just a little nervous haha

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

okay thanks and whats a safe battery percentage to start this at... just a little nervous haha
    You are plugged in most of the time so it doesn't really matter but to be safe I would say over 25% is fine

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

oh nooooooooo i just messed up big time I unrooted before i disabled the exynos abuse app right after you told me not to i feel so stupid i guess now i have to root my phone the other method first right?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

oh nooooooooo i just messed up big time I unrooted before i disabled the exynos abuse app right after you told me not to i feel so stupid i guess now i have to root my phone the other method first right?
    Yeah you do . Sorry

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

Yeah you do . Sorry

thats alright at least i will learn from this whole process as long as everything works out

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

thats alright at least i will learn from this whole process as long as everything works out
    Let me know if you need help

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

Let me know if you need help

Yeah i pmed you one question im just not sure which of the images i should use to root with... on XDA there is one that says revision 3, stock with root, or root66

got your reply nvm thanks
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    To unlock you don't need root anymore. Mine actually only worked on stock unrooted.

Edit... You do need to root for your issue my mistake. I misread your original post and I was half asleep when I read it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

After completing this process, can i accept the ota? or will that break it....?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by icecream man#AC View Post
    After completing this process, can i accept the ota? or will that break it....?
    Accepting ota will relock the boot loader and will not be able to unlock again until another method is accomplished.

lgoldstein83 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Yea whatever you do, don't accept the OTA.

Sorry for not being around, was on a trip for work and didn't have much access to internet outside of the client's office.
    808TBolt likes this.

Yea whatever you do, don't accept the OTA.

Sorry for not being around, was on a trip for work and didn't have much access to internet outside of the client's office.
    Ok, I read this post RIGHT AFTER accepting the OTA. has a new process been created for the new L4 OTA rom?

Can I get the bootloader to unlock anyother way? I don't see any new links to an updated Casual, that uses something other than Exynos Abuse to get the root. And since Adam's Casual uses Exynos, (which errors in the casual script), the casual tells me at the end "NO ROOT FOUND, NOW ROOT YOUR PHONE". But there is no way of doing that, that I have found, without putting on a rooted stock rom, (which then gives me the NOOB heckling script{thanks Adam, FYI, i'm not going to get off the internet})

and also, if A-man happens to be reading this, which I'm sure he is, this tutorial was WAY MORE HELPFUL, I don't see why you would be upset about it, its just a tutorial, and he gives you all the props that you deserve.
    However, that being said, I do believe that Adam has a point, that now that the phone has updated, you need to edit the tut to show that it will only work on the non L4 update, and that IF someone has updated to that they should be relinked back to Adam's xda page. No one has all knowledge, and these tutorials help people become more informed, so that they don't screw things up like you say Adam. You keep making your genius programs, and let others make great tutorials, like this one.
    -AMEN, lol
    Last edited by wgbobbobly; 02-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by wgbobbobly View Post
    Ok, I read this post RIGHT AFTER accepting the OTA. has a new process been created for the new L4 OTA rom?

Can I get the bootloader to unlock anyother way? I don't see any new links to an updated Casual, that uses something other than Exynos Abuse to get the root. And since Adam's Casual uses Exynos, (which errors in the casual script), the casual tells me at the end "NO ROOT FOUND, NOW ROOT YOUR PHONE". But there is no way of doing that, that I have found, without putting on a rooted stock rom, (which then gives me the NOOB heckling script{thanks Adam, FYI, i'm not going to get off the internet})

and also, if A-man happens to be reading this, which I'm sure he is, this tutorial was WAY MORE HELPFUL, I don't see why you would be upset about it, its just a tutorial, and he gives you all the props that you deserve.
    However, that being said, I do believe that Adam has a point, that now that the phone has updated, you need to edit the tut to show that it will only work on the non L4 update, and that IF someone has updated to that they should be relinked back to Adam's xda page. No one has all knowledge, and these tutorials help people become more informed, so that they don't screw things up like you say Adam. You keep making your genius programs, and let others make great tutorials, like this one.
    -AMEN, lol
    There is a new way after the update but Adam started a separate thread for it
    Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13]

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Sorry everyone for the lack of inactivity with this thread, I have been working 55-70 hour weeks for my firm since its accounting busy season lol. It's Sunday now and there is a good chance I will be putting in a couple hours of work. I will update the OP to reflect the new method if you accepted OTA.
    Thanked by:
    DroidXcon likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Sorry everyone for the lack of inactivity with this thread, I have been working 55-70 hour weeks for my firm since its accounting busy season lol. It's Sunday now and there is a good chance I will be putting in a couple hours of work. I will update the OP to reflect the new method if you accepted OTA.
    Just lazy in my opinion

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

ok, so is it just me or does the instructions for unlocking the bootloader for stock unrooted and stock rooted look the same? I just got a replacement phone (my is lost in Vegas somewhere) and I need to root.

I'm a little surprised that unlocking the boot loader didn't wipe my phone. I feel like I should dbl check if it's unlocked. Although I'm on WiFi hotspot right now. So I know it worked. Casual is so smooth!

I don't see an unlocked padlock icon during boot. Is this a custom ROM icon? I have a custom recovery,TWeRP. So I must be unlocked . 😓

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Is there a way to unlock the 4.3 stock ROM yet?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivanrooni View Post
    Is there a way to unlock the 4.3 stock ROM yet?
    As of now, I don't believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    As of now, I don't believe so.
    Whew glad I didn't do the Verizon OTA to 4.3 then

Still on 4.1.2

Contemplating rooting...
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 808TBolt View Post
    Whew glad I didn't do the Verizon OTA to 4.3 then

Still on 4.1.2

Contemplating rooting...
    Once you're done contemplating....
    808TBolt likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12