Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  • 1 Post By RLLangley
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Ok after my last attempt to do this didn't go so well I'm looking at another method of getting multi-window support for all apps.

    [MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB - xda-developers

    This seems to fit what I'm running. Stock VZW rom with the exploit mod used to root. Seems pretty easy till I get down to the warning.

    "services.odex is actually in use, so you may not be able to replace it before it reboots, which will cause you to boot loop. Just ODIN the root image again and try again. People have gotten it to be replaced after an attempt or two."

    Ok what is this about ODIN the root image again? I've flashed my phone back to stock with ODIN but not sure what is meant by this. Anyone know the chance of me running into this issue? Want to add this feature but not so sure I'm wanting to have to reflash my phone multiple times to get it to work.

    Any tips on doing this?
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    Ok after my last attempt to do this didn't go so well I'm looking at another method of getting multi-window support for all apps.

    [MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB - xda-developers

    This seems to fit what I'm running. Stock VZW rom with the exploit mod used to root. Seems pretty easy till I get down to the warning.

    "services.odex is actually in use, so you may not be able to replace it before it reboots, which will cause you to boot loop. Just ODIN the root image again and try again. People have gotten it to be replaced after an attempt or two."

    Ok what is this about ODIN the root image again? I've flashed my phone back to stock with ODIN but not sure what is meant by this. Anyone know the chance of me running into this issue? Want to add this feature but not so sure I'm wanting to have to reflash my phone multiple times to get it to work.

    Any tips on doing this?
    Slim to none. And if you do loop you can flash one of the rooted stock images without losing data

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    RLLangley likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Thanks DroidXcon!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Just to update......

    Did this mod with no problems. Works great!
    DroidXcon likes this.
  5. #5  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    Just to update......

    Did this mod with no problems. Works great!
    Told you

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Told you

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    And is exactly the reason I went ahead with it
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    See this is where my confusion comes in. You flashed Odin AFTER having the root exploit method and then followed the directions?
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    See this is where my confusion comes in. You flashed Odin AFTER having the root exploit method and then followed the directions?
    No flash is needed. Just moved the files over as directed. I had an issue that I had to fix. That is why I had to flash with Odin.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Okay I'll try it. Glad someone who did the one step exploit method had successful results. I'm prob going to wait on droidxcon for his "play by play" video.
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    No flash is needed. Just moved the files over as directed. I had an issue that I had to fix. That is why I had to flash with Odin.
    How do you move files over? Sorry I'm new to this and I have a hard time understanding or following directions from the original xda page with getting all apP's to multiview I don't know how to mount system to read/write. I need step by step.

Similar Threads

  1. add default apps to Google voice function?
    By jrsharp70 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
  2. App to access Windows File Share
    By NismoZ in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 10:04 AM
  3. Stop Auto Add of Apps to Homescreen
    By auburngirl in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
  4. Migrate or link all apps to different Gmail account
    By Telperion in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 02:38 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions