Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nOOb request. Unlock/4.1.2/apps to SD/delete bloatware the easy way. Easier than that.

OK, nOOb here. Green nOOb. Not ashamed of it.

What I'd like to do is get 4.1.2 most of all. After that if it's not already included in 4.1.2 is to be able to move my apps to my SD card. Then be able to delete the bloatware included on the N2 because I don't use most of it.
    I was going to practice this stuff on my ThunderBolt but I went by the Verizon store to look at the N2 and to my surprise my wife said "Get it". So I didn't wait for her to change her mind.

So if someone would please, I think the best way for me would be to get one of you Gurus/Mentors like DroidXcon and others to post the links, in order, to do this.

What I mean is like this...
    Do this first...
    [GUIDE] Unlock Your Note 2 Bootloader! Let Thy Phone Be FREE!

Do this next... EDIT: Would this be CleanROM 3.5V or Jelly "Beans" 4?
    "I don't know how to "flash a ROM", but I assume that is what I need to do to install 4.1.2 next."

Do this next... EDIT: I think this is part of 4.1.2. Is that correct?
    [MOD] Switch Internal for External Storage

And finally...
    [List][VZW GNote2]Remove Bloatware

I think I'm pretty close here so if one of you guys could touch this up I might have the courage to try it.

By the way, I still have my ThunderBolt. My nine year old daughter uses it to play games and it gets WI-Fi off my router. Maybe I could practice on that first from the TBolt forum.
    Anyway, thanks to all you guys who do the good stuff here. I'm a moderator on other forums (not phones) and have spent years helping nOObs get off the ground.
    Rob
    Last edited by N2myN2; 01-01-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: nOOb request. Unlock/4.1.2/apps to SD/delete bloatware the easy way. Easier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by N2myN2 View Post
    OK, nOOb here. Green nOOb. Not ashamed of it.

What I'd like to do is get 4.1.2 most of all. After that if it's not already included in 4.1.2 is to be able to move my apps to my SD card. Then be able to delete the bloatware included on the N2 because I don't use most of it.
    I was going to practice this stuff on my ThunderBolt but I went by the Verizon store to look at the N2 and to my surprise my wife said "Get it". So I didn't wait for her to change her mind.

So if someone would please, I think the best way for me would be to get one of you Gurus/Mentors like DroidXcon and others to post the links, in order, to do this.

What I mean is like this...
    Do this first...
    [GUIDE] Unlock Your Note 2 Bootloader! Let Thy Phone Be FREE!

Do this next...
    "I don't know how to "flash a ROM", but I assume that is what I need to do to install 4.1.2 next."

Do this next...

And finally...
    [List][VZW GNote2]Remove Bloatware

I think I'm pretty close here so if one of you guys could touch this up I might have the courage to try it.

By the way, I still have my ThunderBolt. My nine year old daughter uses it to play games and it gets WI-Fi off my router. Maybe I could practice on that first from the TBolt forum.
    Anyway, thanks to all you guys who do the good stuff here. I'm a moderator on other forums (not phones) and have spent years helping nOObs get off the ground.
    Rob
    Yeah I wanted to finish up the recovery thread and do some videos for tutorials. Then I was going to make a flow chart. On what steps to take depending on how indepth you want to get with modifying your phone. Tonight is NYE so im a little busy so if you are not in a rush that would give me some time to work on it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    N2myN2 
    N2myN2 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: nOOb request. Unlock/4.1.2/apps to SD/delete bloatware the easy way. Easier than that.

Thanks man. No rush at all. I'm munching out and have the fireworks ready. Enjoy your New Year's Eve and all the best to you.
    Not too much technology here. In fact, just a few miles west of here they drop the opossum at midnight. LOL LOL
    Rob

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Thanks man. No rush at all. I'm munching out and have the fireworks ready. Enjoy your New Year's Eve and all the best to you.
    Not too much technology here. In fact, just a few miles west of here they drop the opossum at midnight. LOL LOL
    Rob
    Lol awesome. Happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Tonight is NYE so im a little busy so if you are not in a rush that would give me some time to work on it.
    No excuse.. Get to work

I can't wait to see this flow chart and the video's etc to go along with it.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    No excuse.. Get to work

I can't wait to see this flow chart and the video's etc to go along with it.
    Ill get to it when you get on top of that sticky I requested

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Spent most of last night and evening and all day today reading and watching videos.
    I have CASUAL and SuckIt in a folder. I have BOOTLOADER BASELINE in another folder but it looks corrupted. I'll get that again.

Please see edits in first post...
    Do this next... EDIT: Would this be CleanROM 3.5V or Jelly "Beans" 4?

Do this next... EDIT: I think this is part of 4.1.2. Is that correct?
    After we unlock the boot loader, I assume we are still on JB 4.1.1. Do we need to delete that before flashing another ROM, or just flash over it?

What happens when VZW pushes an OTA update if we are unlocked and rooted?

Thanks again,
    Rob

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Spent most of last night and evening and all day today reading and watching videos.
    I have CASUAL and SuckIt in a folder. I have BOOTLOADER BASELINE in another folder but it looks corrupted. I'll get that again.

Please see edits in first post...

After we unlock the boot loader, I assume we are still on JB 4.1.1. Do we need to delete that before flashing another ROM, or just flash over it?

What happens when VZW pushes an OTA update if we are unlocked and rooted?

Thanks again,
    Rob
    Just follow my instructions in the how to use recovery thread. And flash right over
    Don't v worry about baseline package you most likely won't need it

Thanked by:
    N2myN2