| || |
Jelly Bean's Build Questions
First off, I feel I have to thank DroidXcon, creccaj1, beefchopper and all others for their help in the stickies/youtube/elsewhere! I had never rooted/messed with my phone passed installing a launcher, and was able to root, unlock bootloader and install Jelly Bean's Build ROM quite easily. My phobia of messing with my expensive phone (used to be a HTC Incredible back in 2009 ) has turned into an obsession to make it just how I like.
Anyway, after installing Build 4, I had some minor questions:
1) I could not get the modded Wifi Tethering app (TrevE mod) to work on my phone prior to installing JB's ROM (even though I was already rooted through the exploit app). I figured it would work now, but it still does not. Instead I found using the Mobile Hotspot feature/app not only works, but is super easy to change settings. Is this the Verizon app/feature or something baked into the ROM? Since I'm rooted, can I just use this in place of the Wifi Tethering app (and not get charged by VZ)?
2) I set my camera to save photos on my SD card, but after taking the photos they show up as blank images in the gallery ("Unable to load photo" is all I see when I open them on the phone). When i switch storage to phone, I have no issue. I wonder if this has to do with my selecting the "SD/phone storage swap" option upon installing the ROM?
3) On the issue of the SD card/phone memory swap: I don't see an app for this, so I assume this swap just took place upon installing the ROM. When I go to storage under settings, "Device memory" is showing my SD card's information. "SD card" is my phone's memory then, but I don't get why over 6GB is still being used on it (only 4.7GB available). Not that I'm hurting for space with my 32GB SD card...
4) Would it be difficult to install the stock Android camera to try out photo spheres? Any reason not to try and replace the Samsung camera app with the stock one?
5) Super small quibble, but Ingress doesn't seem to work in Multi-window :/
6) I kinda feel stupid for thinking prior to installing that the ROM looked like stock OS in the videos because it "was" (however stupid that may sound to people who know this stuff). Instead it's a launcher that makes it look that way. I guess I can use any old launcher to make a lot of the aesthetic tweaks found in the ROM, or are there particular things GO Launcher (which I used on my Incredible) or ADW (which I bought last year on sale but never used) can't replicate? I hate having to mess with things all over again after changing launchers, so I may just stick with what this ROM came with.
Again, thanks so much to the community here!