Which OS ROM?

Which OS ROM are you using?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've tried clean rom 3.5, 4 and the verizon version. Also beans 4 and 5. Always go back to stock with various mods to my liking. For some reason one thing or the other on the roms annoyed me or didn't work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've tried clean rom 3.5, 4 and the verizon version. Also beans 4 and 5. Always go back to stock with various mods to my liking. For some reason one thing or the other on the roms annoyed me or didn't work.

Can you say what problems you had with them? Im considering trying them out

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you say what problems you had with them? Im considering trying them out

It's probably just phone specific but I could never get g talk to work. My gmail always crashed. I liked all the toggles with beans but I hated how they weren't labeled. I would flash each and try em

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I am Loving my "Beans" rom, I have to say I have tried the others on various phones, "Beans" was the First one I tried with this Galaxy Note 2 and has not let me down yet. I am afraid to try the others now, because everything I want seems to be in "Beans" Rom. I love it!!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
CleanROM VZWE. Was on Beans B4/5 most recently but may flash back to CleanROM 4.0.5. Like the way Android 4.1.2 runs compared to 4.1.1, granted there isn't much of a difference but some is there. Beans is good, but I actually like the look for TouchWiz. Call me crazy, but it has grown on me. VZW of CleanROM seems fine to me too, GPS locks slightly quicker.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
CleanROM VZWE. Was on Beans B4/5 most recently but may flash back to CleanROM 4.0.5. Like the way Android 4.1.2 runs compared to 4.1.1, granted there isn't much of a difference but some is there. Beans is good, but I actually like the look for TouchWiz. Call me crazy, but it has grown on me. VZW of CleanROM seems fine to me too, GPS locks slightly quicker.

My only hangup with cleanrom is the fact that not all the apps are available with multi window. Beans was and of course the stock I'm running with my tweaks, all of them are. :p

That is actually the one I have yet to try, the VZW version of cleamrom.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My only hangup with cleanrom is the fact that not all the apps are available with multi window. Beans was and of course the stock I'm running with my tweaks, all of them are. :p

That is actually the one I have yet to try, the VZW version of cleamrom.

What apps were not available?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Most. The basic ones were available including youtube facebook and chrome based off memory. I like having the option of all my apps there in case I want to use the feature. His Rom instructions say all are included, so not sure why mine weren't. I am 99.9% happy with my state of my phone with the exception of the wifi notification annoyance. If someone can find a way to get rid of it, I'm happy as a clam.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Most. The basic ones were available including youtube facebook and chrome based off memory. I like having the option of all my apps there in case I want to use the feature. His Rom instructions say all are included, so not sure why mine weren't. I am 99.9% happy with my state of my phone with the exception of the wifi notification annoyance. If someone can find a way to get rid of it, I'm happy as a clam.

You do realize there is an app included in the rom called MWC. It allows you to add any app you want or remove any

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Running cleanrom 4. Everything works great for me except the verizon usage widget wont update automatically. Im new to touchwiz and like the look of the toggles. I may grow tired of that and do something more aosp looking eventually who knows?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm enjoying CleanROM 4.0.5. It's fast and stable, although I can't say for sure if it's any faster than stock since this phone is a powerhouse. I had problems at first but I attributed that to restoring apps & data with Titanium, after only restoring the apps, everything has been golden. I like the MultiWindow Control, extra toggles, although I do miss how the stock toggles scroll when you pull down the notification bar (dev has posted a zip for the original).

I'm intrigued by these DPI changes I've been reading about, but haven't looked into it that much yet. I'm sure I'll give beans and some of the other ROM's a try at this point.

yuzume83

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Bean's build 4 and it's been really quick and stable so far. Perhaps I will give CleanROM a try just because I like changing things up every so often.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I got my Beans 6, waiting to install now lol... I hate waiting, but I love this Rom!!! I am going to try the SD card swap this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty