View Poll Results: Which OS ROM are you using?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jelly "Bean's" Build 5

9 50.00%
  • CleanROM ACE 4.0.5V

5 27.78%
  • Other

4 22.22%
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By youngzayiles
  • 1 Post By creccaj1
  • 2 Post By sudbury78
  • 1 Post By creccaj1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which OS ROM?

Which OS ROM are you using? Comment on likes and dislikes.
    Rob
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!

Default Re: Which OS ROM?

I've tried clean rom 3.5, 4 and the verizon version. Also beans 4 and 5. Always go back to stock with various mods to my liking. For some reason one thing or the other on the roms annoyed me or didn't work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    I've tried clean rom 3.5, 4 and the verizon version. Also beans 4 and 5. Always go back to stock with various mods to my liking. For some reason one thing or the other on the roms annoyed me or didn't work.

Can you say what problems you had with them? Im considering trying them out

I love beans ROM.

ONE BAD *** NOTE 2 ON A BAD *** JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM
    pmjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crl95 View Post
    Can you say what problems you had with them? Im considering trying them out
    It's probably just phone specific but I could never get g talk to work. My gmail always crashed. I liked all the toggles with beans but I hated how they weren't labeled. I would flash each and try em

Thanked by:
    crl95 

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I am Loving my "Beans" rom, I have to say I have tried the others on various phones, "Beans" was the First one I tried with this Galaxy Note 2 and has not let me down yet. I am afraid to try the others now, because everything I want seems to be in "Beans" Rom. I love it!!

CleanROM VZWE. Was on Beans B4/5 most recently but may flash back to CleanROM 4.0.5. Like the way Android 4.1.2 runs compared to 4.1.1, granted there isn't much of a difference but some is there. Beans is good, but I actually like the look for TouchWiz. Call me crazy, but it has grown on me. VZW of CleanROM seems fine to me too, GPS locks slightly quicker.
    DroidXcon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    CleanROM VZWE. Was on Beans B4/5 most recently but may flash back to CleanROM 4.0.5. Like the way Android 4.1.2 runs compared to 4.1.1, granted there isn't much of a difference but some is there. Beans is good, but I actually like the look for TouchWiz. Call me crazy, but it has grown on me. VZW of CleanROM seems fine to me too, GPS locks slightly quicker.
    My only hangup with cleanrom is the fact that not all the apps are available with multi window. Beans was and of course the stock I'm running with my tweaks, all of them are. :P

That is actually the one I have yet to try, the VZW version of cleamrom.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

My only hangup with cleanrom is the fact that not all the apps are available with multi window. Beans was and of course the stock I'm running with my tweaks, all of them are. :P

That is actually the one I have yet to try, the VZW version of cleamrom.
    What apps were not available?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Most. The basic ones were available including youtube facebook and chrome based off memory. I like having the option of all my apps there in case I want to use the feature. His Rom instructions say all are included, so not sure why mine weren't. I am 99.9% happy with my state of my phone with the exception of the wifi notification annoyance. If someone can find a way to get rid of it, I'm happy as a clam.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Most. The basic ones were available including youtube facebook and chrome based off memory. I like having the option of all my apps there in case I want to use the feature. His Rom instructions say all are included, so not sure why mine weren't. I am 99.9% happy with my state of my phone with the exception of the wifi notification annoyance. If someone can find a way to get rid of it, I'm happy as a clam.
    You do realize there is an app included in the rom called MWC. It allows you to add any app you want or remove any

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    You do realize there is an app included in the rom called MWC. It allows you to add any app you want or remove any

FML.
    Thanked by:
    creccaj1 and constomy like this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

FML.
    Lol it happens bro

Running cleanrom 4. Everything works great for me except the verizon usage widget wont update automatically. Im new to touchwiz and like the look of the toggles. I may grow tired of that and do something more aosp looking eventually who knows?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I'm enjoying CleanROM 4.0.5. It's fast and stable, although I can't say for sure if it's any faster than stock since this phone is a powerhouse. I had problems at first but I attributed that to restoring apps & data with Titanium, after only restoring the apps, everything has been golden. I like the MultiWindow Control, extra toggles, although I do miss how the stock toggles scroll when you pull down the notification bar (dev has posted a zip for the original).

I'm intrigued by these DPI changes I've been reading about, but haven't looked into it that much yet. I'm sure I'll give beans and some of the other ROMs a try at this point.

ROM
    Vicious JB

I'm on Bean's build 4 and it's been really quick and stable so far. Perhaps I will give CleanROM a try just because I like changing things up every so often.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Yeah Beans ! Ahead so far we need more votes lol and comments

Beans B6 in a day or 2 hopefully!

Edit. I lied beans B6 is up now. Go get some!

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I got my Beans 6, waiting to install now lol... I hate waiting, but I love this Rom!!! I am going to try the SD card swap this time.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Those of you on Beans, what all is themed? I personally hate them in but I've been curious to try it.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

It's all pretty much an aosp look. You have options for cyan blue toggles or white toggles. Some black and blue here and there.

How did the sd swap go for ya pmjj? The sd swap is causing a lot of issues over there. I didn't have problems with it but I could see glitches etc. So I reverted back. Something seems off with it.
    As far as the ROM, I am loving it. I did install Perseus kernel through aroma and stock settings I am getting 7500 quadrant and 20000 antutu. No results on battery yet though.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

So far leroybrute, I am loving the new Update to Beans! No problems so far with the sd swap seems to be working out. Though not quite a full day with it yet lol. I will let you know if I have any.

So if I'm going to update from Beans 4, and I'm on the SD card swap mode (where my SD card is recognized as the main phone memory), how do I ensure my app data and photos carry over?

Once I know this I will definitely check out CLEAN and future ROMs.