[VERIZON] What's the easiest root method as of NOW?

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new/refurbished Note II from insurance, cracked the screen on my other one. So I'm planning to root this one and I'm just wondering what's the easiest method to this date?

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: What's the easiest root method as of NOW?

I just got my new/refurbished Note II from insurance, cracked the screen on my other one. So I'm planning to root this one and I'm just wondering what's the easiest method to this date?

It depends. Are you wanting to root only & stay on the stock software? If so, it can't get much easier than downloading the ExynosAbuse .apk & clicking "root"....but if you have any desire to ever flash custom ROMs, you will need your bootloader unlocked & Adam Outler's root & unlock method is very easy. I did it in about 5min the other night while watching a movie once I downloaded all the necessary files & drivers.

k9cop

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

That exynosabuse method seems sketchy. Your system remains "modified" even after unrooting. Would you still be able to receive ota's with a modified system?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

That exynosabuse method seems sketchy. Your system remains "modified" even after unrooting. Would you still be able to receive ota's with a modified system?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
sketchy? all ways of rooting will lead you to modified only way to not have that is to use triangle away and flash the 100% stock image.

For simple rooting Exynos Abuse app.
if you want roms and things like that you need to use Adams Unlock

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site

Thanks guys! Exynos abuse is EXACTLY what I needed! I don't want to flash any ROMs because I'm tired of them. They provide "stability" but at the same time make things much worse. I hate when my phone doesn't even boot up or I wake up and my stupid radios aren't working on an important day. (This was on a Galaxy Nexus btw) Anyway, this is exactly what I needed. And I want to stay stock and receive the OTA updates, and use the root apps that I need.

Thanks guys!

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks guys! Exynos abuse is EXACTLY what I needed! I don't want to flash any ROMs because I'm tired of them. They provide "stability" but at the same time make things much worse. I hate when my phone doesn't even boot up or I wake up and my stupid radios aren't working on an important day. (This was on a Galaxy Nexus btw) Anyway, this is exactly what I needed. And I want to stay stock and receive the OTA updates, and use the root apps that I need.

Thanks guys!

Im also a new android user looking to root and this might be what I'm looking to do as well. If i root with out loading custom roms will i still be able to get the update rogers has yet to release? I'm still waiting on multi windows sharing and getting impatient

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Im also a new android user looking to root and this might be what I'm looking to do as well. If i root with out loading custom roms will i still be able to get the update rogers has yet to release? I'm still waiting on multi windows sharing and getting impatient

you should be.to. to be prepared to undo anything you change. Also be very careful to only do modifications specifically for your device. Since you are on rogers i don't think.i could save you from a bootloop.

A actually if you decide to root. Don't make any changes and pm. If there is not a odin package for your device we can make one. But only if one isn't available already which I'm sure there are.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

you should be.to. to be prepared to undo anything you change. Also be very careful to only do modifications specifically for your device. Since you are on rogers i don't think.i could save you from a bootloop.

A actually if you decide to root. Don't make any changes and pm. If there is not a odin package for your device we can make one. But only if one isn't available already which I'm sure there are.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Thanks alot. I've been looking for my device but I've had no luck plus I have a mac which makes finding a method more difficult. Model number SGH-I317M

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

ok so i ended up rooting my device.. stupid question, i dont intend on loading roms as i believe thats getting over my head. my reason for rooting was to get the multi window update that is taking forever to release. how do i go about getting the update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084