Unlocked and rooted. That was terrifying, and easy.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I had to put the unextracted SuckIt file in Odin bootloader. It wouldn't take the extracted file. I ran Casual and when I clicked "start" in Odin I got a "failed" error. I remained calm and thought about it a while. Then I just started Odin again and all went well. Push SYSTEM reboot before you disconnect from USB. All my files, apps, pics and launchers are still there and everything is working properly so far.
Thank you everyone for your dedicated work. Donations are on the way.
Rob

Now on to the next terrifying steps. LOL

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had to put the unextracted SuckIt file in Odin bootloader. It wouldn't take the extracted file. I ran Casual and when I clicked "start" in Odin I got a "failed" error. I remained calm and thought about it a while. Then I just started Odin again and all went well. Push SYSTEM reboot before you disconnect from USB. All my files, apps, pics and launchers are still there and everything is working properly so far.
Thank you everyone for your dedicated work. Donations are on the way.
Rob

Now on to the next terrifying steps. LOL

Congrats. .What's the terrifying part?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Congrats. .What's the terrifying part?

Doing something to screw up my phone. I have aging parents who may need me at any minute and I use this phone for my small business. As a matter of fact, just after I rebooted the phone after unlocking it, my wife called and said her oil pressure light was on in her car. She refuses to check her oil. I keep a bottle of oil in there next to the firewall. I told her how to pour a quart in so she could make it home. I depend on my phone in many ways.
Thanks again X.
Rob

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, I feel better now. I guess I should do a Nandroid backup now because everything is working just like I want it to.

From TWRP Home menu
1.)Select Backup
2.)Select Backup Name
3.)Name your backup (whatever you want, make it specific enough to know what it is when you want to restore)
4.)After naming press Go from the onscreen keyboard
5.)Tick the partitions to backup by selecting the boxes next to respective name (For the first backup It is recommended to check off system, data, boot, efs and modem. Subsequent backups for rom testing are system, data and boot.)
6.)Select the storage location for backup by selecting the circle next to its respective name (Use External SD is recommended)
7.)Swipe from left to right to confirm backup
8.)When Backup is completed either press the on Screen home button in the lower left hand corner or select Reboot System

Stand by. I'm going in. Hey, this stuff is addictive.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Boot into recovery and make a backup, then flash a custom ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

^^^This it will save you in a pinch. Trust me the worst part is over. Messing with bootloader is the most dangerous part.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What is exactly the difference if i check the box that says compression when doing a backup? Does it just reduce the file size?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What is exactly the difference if i check the box that says compression when doing a backup? Does it just reduce the file size?

I think so but I never use it . Every time I use options like that I get silly errors when I try to reload