[HOW TO] Use all rooting tools on Mac!!

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
WARNING!!
Android Central , myself, or anyone else are not responsible for any modifications you make to your device.

How to use all the rootng tools on a mac! - Preparation
I had this problem and I just helped someone else solve this problem so im sure there are some more of you out there somewhere! This is not exactly how to run windows programs natively on a mac but this will allow you to run windows on your mac in a virtual machine. You will need following downloads click on animation to download: Windows 7 ISO's: Virtualbox: User Guide: Purchase Windows 7 Home Premium:

Instructions
Step 1: Download the ISO for windows 7 or windows 8. I prefer windows 7 but that is your choice. You can either buy a windows disc or download it off their website.You may even have an old disc laying around. Step 2: Download the program virtual box for free and install windows in virtual box following the tutorial below. I do not take credit for this youtube video.
Step 3: Use windows as if it was its own computer and enjoy:)

Credits
*Johnny Phung for his great video tutorial *DroidXcon for helping me out with layout of this How to thread.

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to use al the rootng tools on a mac!

Good work on the guide. Might actually use this next time to give it a go instead of using my desktop.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Good work on the guide. Might actually use this next time to give it a go instead of using my desktop.
Thanks for the feedback. You should definitely try it out. I have a windows laptop that needs so many updates and my main computer is a mac. It is so much easier for me to just do everything this way. Also if you feel like putting up the cash there are paid programs like parallels that you can use instead of virtual box with slightly more features but the free one works good for me

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the feedback. You should definitely try it out. I have a windows laptop that needs so many updates and my main computer is a mac. It is so much easier for me to just do everything this way. Also if you feel like putting up the cash there are paid programs like parallels that you can use instead of virtual box with slightly more features but the free one works good for me

I actually bought a Macbook Pro about 6 months ago so mine comes with the ability to install Windows on it out of the box. My gaming desktop has Windows obviously but I am trying to move more of my non-gaming stuff off the desktop. I love my Mac for a personal laptop so now having the ability to use it for my phone as well it just got better.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I actually bought a Macbook Pro about 6 months ago so mine comes with the ability to install Windows on it out of the box. My gaming desktop has Windows obviously but I am trying to move more of my non-gaming stuff off the desktop. I love my Mac for a personal laptop so now having the ability to use it for my phone as well it just got better.
What your talking about is bootcamp...this will allow you to boot straight into windows on its own. What I showed is a virtual machine which will let you run windows on top of mac so you can use both at once. I prefer my way because I dont really game on my computer and for what I do I find it better. If your going to play games though bootcamp is probably better

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

What your talking about is bootcamp...this will allow you to boot straight into windows on its own. What I showed is a virtual machine which will let you run windows on top of mac so you can use both at once. I prefer my way because I dont really game on my computer and for what I do I find it better. If your going to play games though bootcamp is probably better

I get what you saying, I more meant to say my desktop that I built I plan to eventually phase everything off of it and use it strictly for gaming and use my Mac for everything else. I know it has bootcamp and I wouldn't want to run that simply because I would never use it. The virtual machine seems to be the best bet for what I plan to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc