So Upsetting! Just spoke w/VZW Rep...

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive me, I am sorry as I know there are a bunch of threads regarding doing upgrades to keep unilimted and I know similar things have been stated.....I thought for sure I had a way to work out at least one of my 2 unlimited lines (based on a lot of those threads/posts, thank you AC members)....but, the rep I just talked to said the only option I have is to buy a phone through a third party like ebay, Yes that is what she said.....what??? Are you kidding!

I have 2 unlimited lines with Thunderbolts (upgradeable first week of Feb. and of course trying not to ugrade those lines to not lose the unlimited), and one line with a dumb phone (upgradeable in Aug.) and trying to go to GN2 for both lines. My husband and I are not Huge data users (I am more than him) but, I dont want to have to worry about it and I really feel that more and more things in the future will use more data.....

I said what about transfering my upgrade to the dumb line, which I know that some of you have accomplished....she said, I am so sorry but I even checked with a supervisor and you cannot transfer an upgrade! I told her that I didnt want to take it out on her, but gave my little rant of I have been a VZW customer for 11 years, and new people get deals, but loyal long time customers get NOTHING??? She didnt even make suggestions like to add a line or ANYTHING at all! All she kept saying was, "I am so sorry and if I had unlimited I certainly would want to keep it too, and you can go to a third party to get a phone!" So I dont know if they have just closed a lot of the loopholes or work arounds that others have been able to do in just the last couple weeks??? I am just really frustrated now and I cannot and will not pay full retail, which she didnt even suggest either! Your help/input would be truly appreciated. Thank you!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive me, I am sorry as I know there are a bunch of threads regarding doing upgrades to keep unilimted and I know similar things have been stated.....I thought for sure I had a way to work out at least one of my 2 unlimited lines (based on a lot of those threads/posts, thank you AC members)....but, the rep I just talked to said the only option I have is to buy a phone through a third party like ebay, Yes that is what she said.....what??? Are you kidding!

I have 2 unlimited lines with Thunderbolts (upgradeable first week of Feb. and of course trying not to ugrade those lines to not lose the unlimited), and one line with a dumb phone (upgradeable in Aug.) and trying to go to GN2 for both lines. My husband and I are not Huge data users (I am more than him) but, I dont want to have to worry about it and I really feel that more and more things in the future will use more data.....

I said what about transfering my upgrade to the dumb line, which I know that some of you have accomplished....she said, I am so sorry but I even checked with a supervisor and you cannot transfer an upgrade! I told her that I didnt want to take it out on her, but gave my little rant of I have been a VZW customer for 11 years, and new people get deals, but loyal long time customers get NOTHING??? She didnt even make suggestions like to add a line or ANYTHING at all! All she kept saying was, "I am so sorry and if I had unlimited I certainly would want to keep it too, and you can go to a third party to get a phone!" So I dont know if they have just closed a lot of the loopholes or work arounds that others have been able to do in just the last couple weeks??? I am just really frustrated now and I cannot and will not pay full retail, which she didnt even suggest either! Your help/input would be truly appreciated. Thank you!

Don't want to sound like the stickler here but you posted this in the wrong thread, I will probably have one of the moderators move it to the non-rooting section but here is my answer...

Unfortunately it is getting harder and harder to keep your unlimited plan now a days. The only way that I have managed to keep it this long with having so many different phones is by purchasing phones outright without signing up for a new 2 year contract. I have an upgrade ready and waiting for when the time comes that keeping unlimited data will no long be a possibility (and I am not naive, it will come one day). There are a couple ways that you can keep your unlimited plan, but the only true sure fire way is buying a phone outright without going through a contract renewal and getting the device for full retail. This would be the exact order I would attempt this process...

1. Go to a Verzion store in person and talk with the sales rep there. Sometimes if you are nice and they are having a good day they might help you out. They make more money on the 2 year plans than subsidized phones anyway. Always be nice and never get mad at them or aggervated, this won't help you cause.
  2. If option 1 doesn't work, go online to sites like eBay and look for the phone that you want. Make sure you are looking at NEW NEVER OPENED. Never buy a phone on eBay that DOESN'T say CLEAN ESN. Also, make sure that the person you are buying it from has atleast 95% or better feedback.
  3. Buy the phone outright from Verizon/AmazonWireless or anywhere you see fit.

Don't take my word for it that step 1 will work, my friend was able to pull it off because he has been a loyal customer for over a decade (like youself) and he told them that if they let him keep his unlimited plan he would gladly stay with Verizon and not cancel his contract and go somewhere else. If you go to the store and talk to a nice person, be polite and 9 times out of 10 they will do what they can to help you. That doesn't mean they will say yes, but at least you can try that route and see how it turns out. A lot of times over the phone they will be a lot less willing to help you. They can't see you face to face, read your emotions and half the time they are trained to say a specific thing. Over the phone that is much easier to do than in person. I have always found that face to face interactions has been better when it comes to Verizon.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I am so sorry as I really thought I posted this in the right thread! I hope it can be moved or perhaps I should copy and repost correctly? I really appreciate your reply and thought I have seen so many people able to transfer upgrades and such! BTW, I was very nice to the rep on the phone and in almost 11 years they have always gone out of thier way to take care of me.....just seems like they dont care as much lately to take care of loyal customers. Thank you as I really appreciate your time to write back.....hoping my post gets moved to the right thread.

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I would also recommend going to a corporate store instead of over the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I am so sorry as I really thought I posted this in the right thread! I hope it can be moved or perhaps I should copy and repost correctly? I really appreciate your reply and thought I have seen so many people able to transfer upgrades and such! BTW, I was very nice to the rep on the phone and in almost 11 years they have always gone out of thier way to take care of me.....just seems like they dont care as much lately to take care of loyal customers. Thank you as I really appreciate your time to write back.....hoping my post gets moved to the right thread.

No worries lol just informing you of the reason if it moves. Its not so much the people from Verizon that you directly speak to its the people who are writing the lines on what to say to people over the phone. Your best bet is going to the Verizon corporate stores. They are you best bet in this case.