Stop OTA updates?

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok now I got my new phone and getting it setup again......

Is there a way to stop the phone from checking for OTA updates? Haven't seen it prompt me yet to update but just in case I want to make sure I remove any chance I might hit update by chance.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok now I got my new phone and getting it setup again......

Is there a way to stop the phone from checking for OTA updates? Haven't seen it prompt me yet to update but just in case I want to make sure I remove any chance I might hit update by chance.

You need to freeze/rename:
SDM.apk
FWupdate.apk
Keychain.apk

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DroidXcon!

Odd can't find them in System/App

Wonder if Beans rom already has them removed.

Last edited:

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
2r42c1i.png

20p82rp.png

16itr7o.png

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
First folder that says "app"

Edit. Oh I thought you couldn't find the directory. ... those apps are not there and you are still getting update warning?

The apps are not in the system/app directory. Not getting update warning so guess I"m good :D

fishndad

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello DROIDXcon, re: your reply, I'm using the Verizon - Samsung Galaxy note 2. I found all the files you mention in your post, however it don't seem to allow me to rename them. I have rooted and have the TWRP recovery. I am using esfile explorer and I accepted the su permissions. Again I click rename but it doesn't seem to take. Also, next to each file there is an odex file with the same name. Should I rename those first.

I hate to just delete since you can't get them back. Since I'm a noob and hate to have a $800 paper weight, I felt it necessary to clear it up lol.

Thank you in advance
Cal

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello DROIDXcon, re: your reply, I'm using the Verizon - Samsung Galaxy note 2. I found all the files you mention in your post, however it don't seem to allow me to rename them. I have rooted and have the TWRP recovery. I am using esfile explorer and I accepted the su permissions. Again I click rename but it doesn't seem to take. Also, next to each file there is an odex file with the same name. Should I rename those first.

I hate to just delete since you can't get them back. Since I'm a noob and hate to have a $800 paper weight, I felt it necessary to clear it up lol.

Thank you in advance
Cal

Open ES explorer then hit menu button. Scroll down to root settings and select. Then check off the first two boxes. Then you should be able to change files.

Rename .odex to something like .bak1 doesn't matter which one you change. Infact I don't think you need to change it at all.

Always have a backup ready from TWRP as a general rule aswell

MikeCallery

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you are rooted, install Titanium Backup and then you can simply find the app listed there in alphabetical order and freeze it.
I am running Jelly Bean Domination 13.0 and have been getting update requests about every two hours and ignoring them but they keep coming back.

I went in to Titanium Bkup and froze System Update 1.4.34 and Key Chain 4.11. So far, so good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non