Is there any reason to do OTA updates if you use custom roms?

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I know that this update will break the exploit and all that but for future ones is there any point in doing them if you plan to go back to a custom rom after it? Like do they do anything to change hardware related stuff. Im not sure if that sounds stupid lol. I have a feeling it is pointless because a custom rom probably just canceled any of that stuff out but i could be wrong.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I know that this update will break the exploit and all that but for future ones is there any point in doing them if you plan to go back to a custom rom after it? Like do they do anything to change hardware related stuff. Im not sure if that sounds stupid lol. I have a feeling it is pointless because a custom rom probably just canceled any of that stuff out but i could be wrong.

No point since the update only patches the exploit . Something that can be done with exynos abuse or flashing a kernel already patched

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No point since the update only patches the exploit . Something that can be done with exynos abuse or flashing a kernel already patched

No i understand that but i was asking more for future reference. Is there ever any types of OTA updates worth doing if you run a custom rom? Or will the custom rom itself just include the update the next time it is updated

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No i understand that but i was asking more for future reference. Is there ever any types of OTA updates worth doing if you run a custom rom? Or will the custom rom itself just include the update the next time it is updated

No point. Devs usually quickly update

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01