Beans build 11 OTA update won't install

cajunbeast

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I got a notification saying update to version 0.1.2 and I installed it and it said it will install .zip and automatically reboot. It just goes into recovery and doesn't reboot. I selected rebbot and it just boots up and says OTA available.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I too am on Jelly Bean 11 and received the OTA Updater Notice... To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was a Verizon OTA or a Jelly Bean OTA, so I didn't want to install it until I found out. To that point, I have a few questions that maybe the pro's can help me out with...

1. Since I'm on the Jelly Bean ROM, can I safely "assume" that any OTA Updates that I receive will be that of a Jelly Bean update and NOT a Verizon OTA...?
2. Is there anyway to "decline" or "postpone" a OTA update...?

Thank you for any help you can offer....

Xtgirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know this too. Today, I went to check my phone, it had shut itself down and I couldn't get it to turn back on. I pulled the battery and finally got it to restart. When it powered on I saw ota updater and freaked out assuming it was from vzw, so I froze it in titanium backup. I had thought that running beans would not allow a vzw update to come through. Can anyone confirm it will never be an issue while on beans and that it was a beans update all along? Too bad it freaked out my phone:(

I too am on Jelly Bean 11 and received the OTA Updater Notice... To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was a Verizon OTA or a Jelly Bean OTA, so I didn't want to install it until I found out. To that point, I have a few questions that maybe the pro's can help me out with...

1. Since I'm on the Jelly Bean ROM, can I safely "assume" that any OTA Updates that I receive will be that of a Jelly Bean update and NOT a Verizon OTA...?
2. Is there anyway to "decline" or "postpone" a OTA update...?

Thank you for any help you can offer....

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It was Beans update to Jelly Bean 12...He pushed it to the over the air server first and then later that evening went and posted the host link for everyone who wanted to do it the traditional way. No worries about it being from Verizon, because this was directly from Beans.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It was Beans update to Jelly Bean 12...He pushed it to the over the air server first and then later that evening went and posted the host link for everyone who wanted to do it the traditional way. No worries about it being from Verizon, because this was directly from Beans.

With respect to Beans... Is there anyway to "decline" or "postpone" a OTA update...?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
With respect to Beans... Is there anyway to "decline" or "postpone" a OTA update...?

Why do you not want to update to 12? It's been great for me.

I'm pretty sure you can decline the update...not sure about the notifications. They might be persistent.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying that I don't want to upgrade, I'm just not an avocado off upgrading the ROM's as quickly as everyone else.

I may not upgrade my ROM for another 5 weeks or so not weekly like other people.. I like to give it more time to work out the bugs before I commit to upgrading the phone...

... Sent from a mobile device, please excuse any Typos...

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying that I don't want to upgrade, I'm just not an avocado off upgrading the ROM's as quickly as everyone else.

I may not upgrade my ROM for another 5 weeks or so not weekly like other people.. I like to give it more time to work out the bugs before I commit to upgrading the phone...

... Sent from a mobile device, please excuse any Typos...

Gotcha

Sent from my SCH-I605