Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 158
Like Tree41Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by specops2k3 View Post
    How do you dirty install build 14?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    If you are already on a previous build of this ROM, you can simply flash the zip for build 14 after wiping cache and dalvik cache in recovery. You might want to hold off...build 15 should be out in the next day or so. It will be based on the new update released a couple days ago (JB 4.1.2).

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  2. #52  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    flash from sd card or flash from odin?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by specops2k3 View Post
    flash from sd card or flash from odin?
    Internal sd card. Never use the external sd card.

    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
  4. #54  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Why never the external sd card?

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 13 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by jsadler09 View Post
    Why never the external sd card?

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 13 using Tapatalk 2
    Bootloop city. I've tried it and never had success.

    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
  6. #56  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    ok zip file is on the phones internal memory, but there is no option in stock recovery to install from memory just external memory. so what do i do now?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by specops2k3 View Post
    ok zip file is on the phones internal memory, but there is no option in stock recovery to install from memory just external memory. so what do i do now?
    You need to unlock and root your phone first. Then flash a custom recovery. I recommend TWRP. Then place the ROM zip file on your internal memory. After you've done these steps, then you can reboot into your custom recovery, wipe system, factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and flash the ROM. I also recommend first doing a backup of your stuff using Helium app sync and backup. Or backup your stuff to your pc/laptop.

    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
  8. #58  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Is it strange that I am already getting excited about Build 15?
    lpt2569 likes this.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Me too!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed_Angel View Post
    Is it strange that I am already getting excited about Build 15?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius0322 View Post
    Me too!
    Build 15 should drop today but will not be a whole lot different, mainly new radio. Build 16 will most likely be even better, the dev said he will be adding additional customizations in 16.

    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
  11. #61  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    It's hard to believe he can improve much more on this rom.
    Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Build 15 should drop today but will not be a whole lot different, mainly new radio. Build 16 will most likely be even better, the dev said he will be adding additional customizations in 16.

    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
  12. #62  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by mobius0322 View Post
    It's hard to believe he can improve much more on this rom.
    Beans could remove Touchwiz and keep the S-Pen features. That would be a vast improvement.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  13. #63  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    So I dont understand why but the stability of every ROM i've used is pretty crappy.

    It'll work fine for like 2-3 weeks and then blow up. Black screen, it wont turn on or do anything so then I have to reflash the ROM. This current time on Beans 14, it wouldn't even let me reflash from the original .zip file so I'm back to CleanRom which blew up and made me switch to the Beans ROM in the first place. It really makes me wanna just go back to stock. Does anyone have theses problems?? I really liked Beans 14 and I'd like to get it back but the entire process of backing (TiBu) everything up and building xml's for the call logs, texts, wifi etc. Is just a pain in the a**.

    "One simply does not have time for such affairs!"

    Is there a way to do scheduled backups of these things automatically? As in it does it in the background once a week in the middle of the night. If that could happen...GAME CHANGER...I wouldn't care about the stability of these ROMs. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Angry_Panda View Post
    So I dont understand why but the stability of every ROM i've used is pretty crappy.

    It'll work fine for like 2-3 weeks and then blow up. Black screen, it wont turn on or do anything so then I have to reflash the ROM. This current time on Beans 14, it wouldn't even let me reflash from the original .zip file so I'm back to CleanRom which blew up and made me switch to the Beans ROM in the first place. It really makes me wanna just go back to stock. Does anyone have theses problems?? I really liked Beans 14 and I'd like to get it back but the entire process of backing (TiBu) everything up and building xml's for the call logs, texts, wifi etc. Is just a pain in the a**.

    "One simply does not have time for such affairs!"

    Is there a way to do scheduled backups of these things automatically? As in it does it in the background once a week in the middle of the night. If that could happen...GAME CHANGER...I wouldn't care about the stability of these ROMs. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
    I have not experienced any of the issues you mention. Perhaps you can reflash and make sure you do all 4 wipes in TWRP: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system wipe (which completely wipes any existing ROM). If you still have issues it could be an app or apps causing your issues. Or if you are flashing themes etc that could cause issues too.

    Paid version of TIBU has scheduled backups.


    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JellyBeans ROM-uploadfromtaptalk1368056139376.jpg  
  15. #65  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    15 is up. I'm DL it now. Beans just uploaded it so it isn't on the main page. There is a link on page 1261 or post #12602.

    Mine has been very stable or I wouldn't be posting good things about it.
    Verizon Note II - Jellybeans 21 - Swiftkey
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569 likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by 90beater View Post
    15 is up. I'm DL it now. Beans just uploaded it so it isn't on the main page. There is a link on page 1261 or post #12602.

    Mine has been very stable or I wouldn't be posting good things about it.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll update the OP over the weekend. Looks like the dev is going to clean it up a bit and post the new official build sometime over the next few days.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    I have not experienced any of the issues you mention. Perhaps you can reflash and make sure you do all 4 wipes in TWRP: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system wipe (which completely wipes any existing ROM). If you still have issues it could be an app or apps causing your issues. Or if you are flashing themes etc that could cause issues too.

    Paid version of TIBU has scheduled backups.


    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
    I scheduled the backups for future use. Just have to come to grips with the fact that texts, wifi, and call logs will be lost. I'm am going to reflash 14 now and wait for 15 over the weekend.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Angry_Panda View Post
    I scheduled the backups for future use. Just have to come to grips with the fact that texts, wifi, and call logs will be lost. I'm am going to reflash 14 now and wait for 15 over the weekend.
    There are tons of sms and call log backup apps.

    Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...
  19. #69  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    I'm still on beans 13 and haven't had any problems. The only time I had issues was on clean Rom when I restored data with titanium backup. Scott warns about that, it may have been the restoring of system data, but who knows.

    If you are having problems, try a wipe and clean flash, don't restore anything, and slowly start reinstalling apps from the store. It's a huge PITA, but may help identify the source of the problem.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 13 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Angry_Panda View Post
    I'm am going to reflash 14 now and wait for 15 over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsadler09 View Post
    I'm still on beans 13 and haven't had any problems. The only time I had issues was on clean Rom when I restored data with titanium backup. Scott warns about that, it may have been the restoring of system data, but who knows.

    If you are having problems, try a wipe and clean flash, don't restore anything, and slowly start reinstalling apps from the store. It's a huge PITA, but may help identify the source of the problem.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 13 using Tapatalk 2
    Best to wait a couple days for build 16, which should be a better build. B15 seems to have some minor bugs (seeing as this was built from scratch with the new 4.1.2 base), and if this phone and ROM are your daily driver, build 15 may not be for you.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by jsadler09 View Post
    Why never the external sd card?
    Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Bootloop city. I've tried it and never had success.
    Just to follow up on this, it seems as though many folks flash ROMS from the external SD Card with no issues. I guess I'm so used to doing it from internal with my Galaxy Nexus, and remember having bootloop issues with my Droid Charge and Fascinate when flashing from external, that I haven't even tried from the external SD Card with the Note. Anyway, I'm gonna do it this way when I flash Build 16 and see how it goes. I'll have Build14 on my internal just in case!
  22. #72  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Just to follow up on this, it seems as though many folks flash ROMS from the external SD Card with no issues. I guess I'm so used to doing it from internal with my Galaxy Nexus, and remember having bootloop issues with my Droid Charge and Fascinate when flashing from external, that I haven't even tried from the external SD Card with the Note. Anyway, I'm gonna do it this way when I flash Build 16 and see how it goes. I'll have Build14 on my internal just in case!
    I've never flashed from the internal SD card on my phone. Usually I don't have the available space to put the ROMs on it, anyway. I've never had a problem flashing from external. I don't wanna encourage you to do it and then your phone screw up, but I've never had a problem with it.
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569 likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by JKforUA View Post
    I don't wanna encourage you to do it and then your phone screw up, but I've never had a problem with it.
    I ain't scurrrddd of a little trial and error!! I was a flash-a-holic with my Galaxy Nexus, had a different ROM and/or theme on my phone every few days. And in my experience, it's almost impossible to permanently brick these devices, as long as you have the knowledge and tools to get things back up and running. Been doing this stuff for a couple years now, in the early days I used to freak out thinking my phone was completely bricked, only to discover there is almost always a way back!
  24. #74  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    Yeah, I could tell you weren't a beginner lol. I was just telling you I've had no problems flashing from external, which it sounded like you had from a different phone!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    lpt2569 likes this.
  25. #75  

    Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

    I believe i am stuck into boot animation. I purchased the GN2 used it was not rooted but had been prior . i found this out while trying to update the 4.1.2 OTA it booted into TWRP. I researched and seen that i needed to root then flash back to stock recovery. i however decided since i was rooted it might just be easier to flash a rom then back to stock recovery. i believe i done everything right. it is now currently stock on the animation boot for 10 min. i guess if you could help i would appreciate it greatly. oh also i am not a software engineer and may need it explained a lttle simpler. thank you for any help you can aid me with
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AOSP Jellybean ROM?
    By Downtown Taco in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
  2. Best JellyBean ROM and kernel setup for battery life?
    By jlibis in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 05:40 AM
  3. so why was the half way decent jellybean rom removed?
    By rod_munch in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
  4. best ics/jellybean rom for the att hox
    By Jessicaa39 in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 10:29 AM
  5. Working Jellybean Rom for Toro on RootzWiki
    By gregs1213 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

B