JellyBeans ROM

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Build 22 is out. Based on Android JellyBean Version 4.1.2

If coming from any previous versions of this ROM prior to Build 16 (or from a completely different ROM altogether), it is recommended you do a full wipe/clean install since this is based on the latest release of 4.1.2 for this device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2032447

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread for one place to discuss anything and everything about this ROM, instead of starting new threads for different builds/questions/issues, etc. Remember to thank the developer (not me) for his work!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-02-20-20-49_hhinote22013-07-02_20-22-44[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-02-20-20-49_hhinote22013-07-02_20-22-44[1].jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2013-07-02-20-21-42_rcfnote22013-07-02_20-23-11[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-02-20-21-42_rcfnote22013-07-02_20-23-11[1].jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_2013-07-02-20-19-06_wjunote22013-07-02_20-19-49[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-02-20-19-06_wjunote22013-07-02_20-19-49[1].jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

soundgard

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
rooted my note2 earlier today. about to pull the trigger on this rom. seems like the best of both worlds -- aosp feel with touchwiz stability.

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have been lurking here for a while. Had a HTC 3VO before and looked around here a lot and upgraded to a Note II a few months ago. I had never rooted a phone until last week.

I used Casual Root to unlock and root my Note II. It was way easier than I expected. I then loaded the Jellybeans 12 ROM. All was good then just when I got the phone to my liking version 13 came out. I used Titanium backup to save all I could before upgrading to 13 but luckily it wasn?t needed. All my settings were still present after the upgrade.

I did the memory swap so I now have a 64GB phone and it also has the APN editor built in for when I go overseas in a few months. There are also a bunch of other improvements that make it worth it IMO.

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to swap the SD card usage back to default usage of the internal memory in this ROM? Hopefully you don't run into the SD card unmounting issue which leaves your phone unable to access the SD card (seems to be limited to 32GB SanDisk class 10 cards)... But it sucks when all the apps with data on that card are gimped and you want to the phone to start recognizing internal memory as main memory. T_T

Sent from my Note 2 using Android Central Forums

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to swap the SD card usage back to default usage of the internal memory in this ROM? Hopefully you don't run into the SD card unmounting issue which leaves your phone unable to access the SD card (seems to be limited to 32GB SanDisk class 10 cards)... But it sucks when all the apps with data on that card are gimped and you want to the phone to start recognizing internal memory as main memory. T_T

You want to do the SD Card Swap? Or you already did that, and want to return back to normal SD Card setup?

Yes, the ROM supports SD Card swap, it's an option when installing the ROM. If you want to go back to regular SD Card config, just re-flash the ROM, and don't select the SD Card Swap option.

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

If you have a SD card that unmounts at all I would consider it a bad card and not use it in my phone to begin with. Sandisk did have a bad batch of the 64GB class 10 cards, you can tell because that seems to be the one a lot of people are having that problem with.

I have one myself, luckily I have had it in the phone since day one and it has never been an issue. It also runs fast. I have not noticed any speed issues running off the card instead of the built in memory.

About the digital battery does it show in 1% increments? If that is what you are asking yes it does. There are many options on how to display it.

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
You want to do the SD Card Swap? Or you already did that, and want to return back to normal SD Card setup?

Yes, the ROM supports SD Card swap, it's an option when installing the ROM. If you want to go back to regular SD Card config, just re-flash the ROM, and don't select the SD Card Swap option.

OK thanks, that's what I was wondering: being able to swap back to original confirguration/use of SD card without having to re-flash. I guess not. In order not to lose my data, I guess I should back up my SD card to my PC, format, then flash and copy to the phone's internal memory? (sorry to get off topic)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
OK thanks, that's what I was wondering: being able to swap back to original confirguration/use of SD card without having to re-flash. I guess not. In order not to lose my data, I guess I should back up my SD card to my PC, format, then flash and copy to the phone's internal memory? (sorry to get off topic)

If you are already on a previous version of this ROM you can dirty flash this version and you will not lose any data. If coming from stock or another ROM, then yes you should back up your data somehow because you will have to completely wipe the phone. If you are rooted already, Titanium Backup is awesome. If not rooted, try Carbon Backup.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
2 Questions...I'm on Beans11, can I jump right to Beans13...or do I have to upgrade to 12, then 13...?

The OTA updates that I'm getting on the phone that I assume are from the Beans ROM, is that the equilivant of a dirty flash to 13 or do I need to do something different...?

Thanks in advance....

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
2 Questions...I'm on Beans11, can I jump right to Beans13...or do I have to upgrade to 12, then 13...?

The OTA updates that I'm getting on the phone that I assume are from the Beans ROM, is that the equilivant of a dirty flash to 13 or do I need to do something different...?

Thanks in advance....

Yes you can jump from 11 to 13. The OTA updates are for BEANS. But there have been some issues with the OTA. You are better off downloading the zip file and flashing.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Although I intend to backup my phone regardless, will wiping the cache cause me to lose the phone settings or data?

Thank you...

Sent from a tablet using Tapatalk

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the follow up, I installed the new run this afternoon and it flashed easy peasy...

I also have to say that I really enjoy the new pie features

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the follow up, I installed the new run this afternoon and it flashed easy peasy...

I also have to say that I really enjoy the new pie features

I haven't tried the pie yet! Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend. Glad things are working out for you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Beans is my ROM of choice for sure. Ive got beans13 on nandroid right now while I experiment with a few AOSP ROM's ... I just had to see what the 4.2.2 hype was all about lol. Its nice and all but I'll be back on beans soon as my curiosity wears off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles