JellyBeans ROM

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, those are exactly the kind of directions I needed, Thanks. :D

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2

No problem. BEANS ROM uses what's called "Aroma Installer". It walks you through the different options you can pick from when flashing the ROM. I suggest using the stock BEANS Kernel, and stay away from the SD Card swap for now. Once you get comfortable with Android and flashing ROMS, etc, you can re-flash the ROM, and make different selections in Aroma Installer to best suit your wants/needs.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with their Alarm? It will only go off once and then if you hit snooze its as if it turns the alarm of instead.

I don't use the alarm, sorry. I assume you walked through all the settings to make sure nothing changed for some reason. Maybe when you flashed the ROM (I assume you are using BEANS ROM), it returned the settings back to default settings? Just thinking out loud.

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I looked through it and it doesn't appear to have changed anything. I'm running Beans14. Eh...It's only my work alarm. lol

I don't use the alarm, sorry. I assume you walked through all the settings to make sure nothing changed for some reason. Maybe when you flashed the ROM (I assume you are using BEANS ROM), it returned the settings back to default settings? Just thinking out loud.

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again so much for the help. I am offically running a Rooted Note 2 with the Jelly Beans ROM. Now to set up. I did a titanium backup, but I am not sure if I really want to use that, as it backed up a lot of bloat apps that are not in this build, and I don't really want to add them back in.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again so much for the help. I am offically running a Rooted Note 2 with the Jelly Beans ROM. Now to set up. I did a titanium backup, but I am not sure if I really want to use that, as it backed up a lot of bloat apps that are not in this build, and I don't really want to add them back in.

That's the beauty of rooting and using TIBU...you can pick and choose exactly what ends up on your device.

Sent from my SCH-I605

DarkChylde-QC

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed when I flashed build 14 (came from build 13, running Saber kernel v17) - the updated v19 saber kernel gave me shorter battery life, as well as slowed down my phone (measured via Antutu and Quadrant Standard). For that reason alone, I re-flashed v13 of Beans ROM.

Something else I noticed on v14 that I didn't get a chance to play with - the menu for the blocking options changed significantly from the previous versions. Can someone verify if the new blocking setting options are actually functional in v14? IIRC, none of the message blocking functionality worked in the previous versions.

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone messed around with PIE controls? All the pics I've seen it's just in landscape..If you have can you post screen shots??Thanks

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just started messing with pie, very cool. I've been using wave launcher and like this in conjunction with that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 13 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you dirty install build 14?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

If you are already on a previous build of this ROM, you can simply flash the zip for build 14 after wiping cache and dalvik cache in recovery. You might want to hold off...build 15 should be out in the next day or so. It will be based on the new update released a couple days ago (JB 4.1.2).

Sent from my Nexus 7

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
ok zip file is on the phones internal memory, but there is no option in stock recovery to install from memory just external memory. so what do i do now?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
ok zip file is on the phones internal memory, but there is no option in stock recovery to install from memory just external memory. so what do i do now?

You need to unlock and root your phone first. Then flash a custom recovery. I recommend TWRP. Then place the ROM zip file on your internal memory. After you've done these steps, then you can reboot into your custom recovery, wipe system, factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and flash the ROM. I also recommend first doing a backup of your stuff using Helium app sync and backup. Or backup your stuff to your pc/laptop.

Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...