Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JellyBeans ROM

Build 22 is out. Based on Android JellyBean Version 4.1.2

If coming from any previous versions of this ROM prior to Build 16 (or from a completely different ROM altogether), it is recommended you do a full wipe/clean install since this is based on the latest release of 4.1.2 for this device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032447

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread for one place to discuss anything and everything about this ROM, instead of starting new threads for different builds/questions/issues, etc. Remember to thank the developer (not me) for his work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JellyBeans ROM-screenshot_2013-07-02-20-20-49_hhinote22013-07-02_20-22-44-1-.jpg   JellyBeans ROM-screenshot_2013-07-02-20-21-42_rcfnote22013-07-02_20-23-11-1-.jpg   JellyBeans ROM-screenshot_2013-07-02-20-19-06_wjunote22013-07-02_20-19-49-1-.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Default Re: JellyBeans ROM

rooted my note2 earlier today. about to pull the trigger on this rom. seems like the best of both worlds -- aosp feel with touchwiz stability.
    lpt2569 likes this.

Hi, I have been lurking here for a while. Had a HTC 3VO before and looked around here a lot and upgraded to a Note II a few months ago. I had never rooted a phone until last week.

I used Casual Root to unlock and root my Note II. It was way easier than I expected. I then loaded the Jellybeans 12 ROM. All was good then just when I got the phone to my liking version 13 came out. I used Titanium backup to save all I could before upgrading to 13 but luckily it wasnt needed. All my settings were still present after the upgrade.

I did the memory swap so I now have a 64GB phone and it also has the APN editor built in for when I go overseas in a few months. There are also a bunch of other improvements that make it worth it IMO.
    lpt2569 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Does it have the digital battery as an option?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Does it have the digital battery as an option?
    I believe so...there are multiple battery display options when installing, I can't remember off hand all the choices.

Is there a way to swap the SD card usage back to default usage of the internal memory in this ROM? Hopefully you don't run into the SD card unmounting issue which leaves your phone unable to access the SD card (seems to be limited to 32GB SanDisk class 10 cards)... But it sucks when all the apps with data on that card are gimped and you want to the phone to start recognizing internal memory as main memory. T_T

Sent from my Note 2 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jengobengo View Post
    Is there a way to swap the SD card usage back to default usage of the internal memory in this ROM? Hopefully you don't run into the SD card unmounting issue which leaves your phone unable to access the SD card (seems to be limited to 32GB SanDisk class 10 cards)... But it sucks when all the apps with data on that card are gimped and you want to the phone to start recognizing internal memory as main memory. T_T

You want to do the SD Card Swap? Or you already did that, and want to return back to normal SD Card setup?

Yes, the ROM supports SD Card swap, it's an option when installing the ROM. If you want to go back to regular SD Card config, just re-flash the ROM, and don't select the SD Card Swap option.

ROM
    JellyBeans

I need to flash this.

Maybe tomorrow morning....sounds like a good hungover project
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
    lpt2569 likes this.

If you have a SD card that unmounts at all I would consider it a bad card and not use it in my phone to begin with. Sandisk did have a bad batch of the 64GB class 10 cards, you can tell because that seems to be the one a lot of people are having that problem with.

I have one myself, luckily I have had it in the phone since day one and it has never been an issue. It also runs fast. I have not noticed any speed issues running off the card instead of the built in memory.

About the digital battery does it show in 1% increments? If that is what you are asking yes it does. There are many options on how to display it.

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    You want to do the SD Card Swap? Or you already did that, and want to return back to normal SD Card setup?

Yes, the ROM supports SD Card swap, it's an option when installing the ROM. If you want to go back to regular SD Card config, just re-flash the ROM, and don't select the SD Card Swap option.
    OK thanks, that's what I was wondering: being able to swap back to original confirguration/use of SD card without having to re-flash. I guess not. In order not to lose my data, I guess I should back up my SD card to my PC, format, then flash and copy to the phone's internal memory? (sorry to get off topic)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

OK thanks, that's what I was wondering: being able to swap back to original confirguration/use of SD card without having to re-flash. I guess not. In order not to lose my data, I guess I should back up my SD card to my PC, format, then flash and copy to the phone's internal memory? (sorry to get off topic)
    If you are already on a previous version of this ROM you can dirty flash this version and you will not lose any data. If coming from stock or another ROM, then yes you should back up your data somehow because you will have to completely wipe the phone. If you are rooted already, Titanium Backup is awesome. If not rooted, try Carbon Backup.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

2 Questions...I'm on Beans11, can I jump right to Beans13...or do I have to upgrade to 12, then 13...?

The OTA updates that I'm getting on the phone that I assume are from the Beans ROM, is that the equilivant of a dirty flash to 13 or do I need to do something different...?

Thanks in advance....
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Rickgsx View Post
    2 Questions...I'm on Beans11, can I jump right to Beans13...or do I have to upgrade to 12, then 13...?

The OTA updates that I'm getting on the phone that I assume are from the Beans ROM, is that the equilivant of a dirty flash to 13 or do I need to do something different...?

Thanks in advance....
    Yes you can jump from 11 to 13. The OTA updates are for BEANS. But there have been some issues with the OTA. You are better off downloading the zip file and flashing.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Great.... Thank you.

Is it as simple as a "Standard" flash update or do I have to do a wipe cache...etc...?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Great.... Thank you.

Is it as simple as a "Standard" flash update or do I have to do a wipe cache...etc...?
    Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache first, flash Build 13, and you should be good to go.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Although I intend to backup my phone regardless, will wiping the cache cause me to lose the phone settings or data?

Thank you...

Sent from a tablet using Tapatalk
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Although I intend to backup my phone regardless, will wiping the cache cause me to lose the phone settings or data?

Thank you...

Nope.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Thank you for the follow up, I installed the new run this afternoon and it flashed easy peasy...

I also have to say that I really enjoy the new pie features

lpt2569 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Thank you for the follow up, I installed the new run this afternoon and it flashed easy peasy...

I also have to say that I really enjoy the new pie features

I haven't tried the pie yet! Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend. Glad things are working out for you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Beans is my ROM of choice for sure. Ive got beans13 on nandroid right now while I experiment with a few AOSP ROMs ... I just had to see what the 4.2.2 hype was all about lol. Its nice and all but I'll be back on beans soon as my curiosity wears off.
    lpt2569 likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Build 14 is out. I updated the OP. Best bet is to download from the hosted sites on your computer and transfer to your device, the OTA updater is hosed.

Ok, I downloaded and flashed this ROM tonight (figured I'd give it a try after giving Jedi a try for no other reason than just because I am obsessed with messing around with this phone lol). Everything appeared to install/flash correctly, but when it is reset, it gets hung in the animated intro (the jelly beans falling). Even after 20 min, it still is stuck there. I had flashed back to a stock rooted ROM, wiped dalvik, cache, and wiped data, so I don't know why in the world it's getting hung. Any ideas? Thanks!

I guess I'm gonna have to go back to Jedi tonight...

I dirty flashed 14 as well. Easy upgrade.
    Verizon Note II - Jellybeans 21 - Swiftkey
    lpt2569 likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by JKforUA View Post
    Ok, I downloaded and flashed this ROM tonight (figured I'd give it a try after giving Jedi a try for no other reason than just because I am obsessed with messing around with this phone lol). Everything appeared to install/flash correctly, but when it is reset, it gets hung in the animated intro (the jelly beans falling). Even after 20 min, it still is stuck there. I had flashed back to a stock rooted ROM, wiped dalvik, cache, and wiped data, so I don't know why in the world it's getting hung. Any ideas? Thanks!

I guess I'm gonna have to go back to Jedi tonight...
    Did you do a system wipe? In TWRP recovery, (which I highly recommend) there are 4 options when wiping: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system. System wipe deletes the previous ROM, factory reset does not. Also make sure you downloaded a good file, not a corrupt or incomplete file. Let us know how it goes if you give it another shot.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Did you do a system wipe? In TWRP recovery, (which I highly recommend) there are 4 options when wiping: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system. System wipe deletes the previous ROM, factory reset does not. Also make sure you downloaded a good file, not a corrupt or incomplete file. Let us know how it goes if you give it another shot.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    Thanks! I think you nailed my issue and I will try how you described. I swear, I am a software engineer and have flashed a number of ROMS on various Android devices, but I still feel like I am such a beginner, ugh! I *think* I used the Factory Reset option with TWRP instead of System wipe, and I guess I ASSuMEd that flashing the stock rooted ROM would get me back to rooted stock (and wipe the ROM I was on). I will let you know how it goes, but it will probably be tonight before I can get to it. Thanks again!
    lpt2569 likes this.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast