Need help!

jhinson52

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I unrooted my phone in hopes of receiving the newest OTA, plus I just dont make use of root as far as custom ROMs etc. My phone still boots into TWRP and gives me an "update failed message" when i try to update it. What do I need to do to fix this? Forgive my ignorance in advance...this was my first time trying root. Thanks in advance!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I unrooted my phone in hopes of receiving the newest OTA, plus I just dont make use of root as far as custom ROMs etc. My phone still boots into TWRP and gives me an "update failed message" when i try to update it. What do I need to do to fix this? Forgive my ignorance in advance...this was my first time trying root. Thanks in advance!

Unrooting just removes root. You need to get a stock image and flash it via Odin. Honestly though if you've already gone through the trouble, why not just get a stock rooted ROM of the OTA?

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Unrooting just removes root. You need to get a stock image and flash it via Odin. Honestly though if you've already gone through the trouble, why not just get a stock rooted ROM of the OTA?
Beanstown106 the creator of the Jellybeans custom rom has taken the new 4.1.2 stock rom, rooted it and added a few apps. This is different from his custom rom. Basically it's the stock rom from Verizon. It also doesn't affect the bootloader. So I agree with Mr Smith, why not just flash that. It's in the Verizon Development section at xda in a thread started by Beanstown106. It has "[VRAMC3]" in the title.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Beanstown106 the creator of the Jellybeans custom rom has taken the new 4.1.2 stock rom, rooted it and added a few apps. This is different from his custom rom. Basically it's the stock rom from Verizon. It also doesn't affect the bootloader. So I agree with Mr Smith, why not just flash that. It's in the Verizon Development section at xda in a thread started by Beanstown106. It has "[VRAMC3]" in the title.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Or grab Beans' ROM. I love it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech