Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot sync Samsung Galaxy S4 calendar with Google Calendar

I tried everything. If I add an event to my google cal on my computer it will show up on my Samsung S4 calendar but it won't sync if I add an event on the phone.

Global Posts
    24,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: cannot sync Samsung galaxy s4 calendar with google calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis99 View Post
    I tried everything. If I add an event to my google cal on my computer it will show up on my Samsung S4 calendar but it won't sync if I add an event on the phone.
    Welcome to the forums!
    When you add an event, it defaults to the Samsung calendar. Hence, every time you create an event, you need to click on which calendar you are saving to. On my S3, I have found no way to change this.

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

With the information given here, I solved this one. Select Calendar, I am using "month mode," on the top row it displays Today Calendars +
    Select Calendars
    DEselect everything except US Holidays and your gmail account. This worked.
    Thanks for the other cues, which were enough to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by FOClark View Post
    With the information given here, <snip>
    I still experience this issue. New phone, this is the worst issue I've experienced.

Can anybody help?

The workarounds mentioned here may help Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar

Hi, I am new to the Samsung S4 and new to these threads so apologies if the question(s) have been answered.

I have been a user of gmail and calendars for some time and had an earlier samsung phone - way less functionality.

My S Calendar is matched with my google mail account and I can manually sync them. This means that everytime I add an entry to Goggle Calendar on my laptop or Nexus I then have to manually sync them to my phone. Is there a way of having both calendar and contacts automatically sync with my google account?

Also... I cannot figure out how to delete a calendar item on my S4 - any help there?

Thanks

Default Samsung Gallaxy S4 can now Sync your calendar with Google

Like everyone else, I was unsuccessful in syncing calendar events on my S4 with my on-line Google calendar. I contacted Samsung directly and spoke with a senior tech, who quickly resolved the issue. He advised that this issue was fixed in late July, so if you're unsuccessful in syncing your phone's calendar with Google, contact Samsung tech support.

You are my hero. This was working, I swear, since I bought the phone several months ago, until this afternoon. then - boom - wouldn't. When I went to Calendars and unchecked "My Calendars" and added the event (for the third or fourth time) I had to make sure to save it to my gmail account, not "My Calendar". Don't know if I can make that the default, or what changed, but at least it showed up immediately on my iPad, which meant it went through Google. Whew.

I have just tried to sync my S4 and have lost all of the events in my calander does anyone know how to restore the data????? Please help i hhave lost alot of important data.

thanks
    Louise

Lightbulb Re: cannot sync Samsung galaxy s4 calendar with google calendar

The only way I can get around changing the calender after the event is created and saved is by copying the event. Just hold down the event and it'll prompt you to 'view event detail', 'edit event', copy event', 'delete event', or 'share via'. I used the copy event option and, since my event was repetitive, I selected 'all repetitive events'. After that I changed the calender from the Samsung Calender to my Google Account and then restarted+synced the splanner.

I hope that helps.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

I was having trouble syncing calendar and found a troubleshooter on Google. The thing that worked for me was downloading google calendar from the Play Store. Even though I am using the Samsung calendar on my Note2, apparently something that comes with the newest Google Calendar was needed to allow syncing. If you don't have it, and you're having problems syncing events, try installing Google Calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy3849 View Post
    Like everyone else, I was unsuccessful in syncing calendar events on my S4 with my on-line Google calendar. I contacted Samsung directly and spoke with a senior tech, who quickly resolved the issue. He advised that this issue was fixed in late July, so if you're unsuccessful in syncing your phone's calendar with Google, contact Samsung tech support.
    Why don't you just tell us what they had you do to correct the problem?

I have been thru Samsung Live Chat and am now on Samsung Tech Support on the phone - no results!!!!!!! Much time wasted at this point. Tech keeps having to look up stuff and ask others

TO ALL OF YOU HAVING THIS PROBLEM: I spent an enormous amt of time wasted talking to Live Chat and "newbie" techs on the Samsung help line ((888) 987-4357. Finally asked for a Senior Tech. Here was my problem: When adding an event into your phone calendar, make sure at the top it has selected your gmail account as the calendar. If it says "My Calendar", it is only adding the event to a calendar that resides in your phone. Once you start adding events to the gmail calendar (your gmail address), it remembers that and continues to add them to your gmail calendar. What a relief!
    Thanked by:
    JAY ENGR likes this.

Ruthie is correct. That worked for me. Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Me, got the same issue and i found the same answer too... so we shouldn't use 'sync' to describe S Planner, but it 'display' other calendars into S Planner.

However, I am trying to move out from S3 to Moto G (due to serious battery drain issue on 4.3). I can change items one by one. Is there anyway I can do it for all events at once (and no missing)?

Thanks, Ruthie. Your fix worked for me on a Samsung Tab 3 10.1.

Samsung, this is disappointing! Just leave my Google calendar app alone, dammit!

Default Re: Cannot sync Samsung Galaxy S4 calendar with Google Calendar

I discovered that the automatic Calendar Sync feature had been disabled on my Google accounts. So I went to Settings > Accounts > and selected my Google account, scrolled down to Calendar, and check-marked it. I have multiple Google accounts (personal and business Apps) so I had to do this for both of them.

My clue was that I could manually sync my calendars, but that they did not automatically sync. If you have this similar problem, this might be the way to fix it. (The question is, of course, HOW did the SYNC boxes become unchecked? I suspect it happened during a system upgrade of the Android OS, if I remember the timing of when I noticed this issue.)

I still don't completely understand what is going on with these calendars, but my work around was to make certain that it was my Google email that was selected as the "Calendar" rather than "My Calendar" or "Samsung Calendar." But here's the weird part I still haven't solved. If you have selected "My Calendar," you can go back and in the edit mode for the event, change it over to your email calendar. However, once you've selected "Samsung Calendar," it refuses to allow this to be changed. Then you have to remove and re-enter the event. I too have read more than I care to read about this issue and most of the suggestions about syncing I had already done and the calendar still did not sync with my Google+ online. The only thing that finally synced it was to make certain that every time I added an entry, the calendar that was listed at the top was my email address. Sheesh!

Ruthie --

Thank you SO MUCH for solving my problem. I went to ATT customer service center. Tech could not solve. Called ATT today and tried to get help to sync phone and tablet calendars. I finally said forget it as I really only use the one on the phone. But it was frustrating!

I googled the problem and found this thread. I followed your instructions and SUCCESS!

Thanks again!

Janet in NJ

Here's what worked for me without having to copy the event, save it in gmail, then delete the old event. From your phone, tap in the event detail to edit it. Tap where it says "my calendar" and it opens up options to change it to your gmail calendar. Tap that then sync and viola! It will show in your google calendar!

Thank You so much this was a huge help. After 2 calls to AT&T and a trip to Best Buy they couldn't figure out why they were not syncing over to my replacement S4. They told me to call Google (yea right) I attempted but was routing to go on support online (NOT!) I hate chats. SO I googled my problem myself and BAM! I swear we are smarter than these people that work for these companies, just like going to the Dr, majority of the time you diagnosis yourself b4 even stepping in the office, if we could only write our on prescriptions LOL
    THANK YOU Ruthie
    Thanked by:
    love2besimple likes this.

Perfect! Thank you, Ruthie. Works like a charm on my Galaxy S4. This has annoyed me for months.

I was so fustrated with trying to sync my galaxy s4 to my new s5, your post turned the light bulb on THANK YOU!!!!!!! no more future worries

Thank you. Your post and the info within was the answer to my prayers. My wife's google account (S4) would sync with my tab 4 7" and her tab 4 10.1, but the calendar events would not make it. Since my account (also S4) would link entirely on both tablets, I knew it was something in wife's phone or calendar settings. Had no idea the problem was in the events themselves. Apparently I selected google calendar when I added my events to my device's calendar, so they displayed on tablet and on desktop calendar.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast