Restoring apps/data with Beans rom. Which app is best to use?

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been using TiBu to batch restore my user apps, but every time I do a restore, I lose my ability to select apps to use with the MWC (multi-window). It freezes and crashes every time I try to add another application to the MWC. It works before I do a TiBu restore (and I'm only restoring user apps, not system ones). Have any of the Beans users have this same problem? If so, is there a way to fix it without wiping again and reinstalling? Or is there another app that I can backup/restore with and not lose the ability to add apps to the MWC? It's frustrating. Even though I hardly ever use the MWC, I still want the ability to use it lol!!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
While I think TiBu is great, I don't use it anymore for restores. I do back stuff up before flashing, but in addition to a Nandroid, just keep a full backup as insurance. TiBu has saved me for specific app restores, though :)

If I do a full data wipe or system portion format, then I just let Google Play automatically restore apps and data. If I do an upgrade from an older ROM version I've found that if its just a cache and Davlik cache wipe, then the existing installed apps just go through the "Upgrading..." Process.

As for your specific issue, sorry I don't have any ideas at the moment other than to try the 2nd approach.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Weird, but the last time I tried this was the first time that Play "knew" what apps I had installed (all of them, at least). I tried just specifically restoring individual apps with TiBu and that screwed the MWC again. I'm trying with MyBackup Pro right now, and it seems so far to be working. My fingers are crossed...

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Weird, but the last time I tried this was the first time that Play "knew" what apps I had installed (all of them, at least). I tried just specifically restoring individual apps with TiBu and that screwed the MWC again. I'm trying with MyBackup Pro right now, and it seems so far to be working. My fingers are crossed...

Sorry, I should have mentioned MyBackup Pro as another option. I just recently started experimenting with it.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I should have mentioned MyBackup Pro as another option. I just recently started experimenting with it.

MyBackup Pro worked pretty well for me, but it missed some things. I installed TiBu again, and I suddenly couldn't add to the MWC anymore, but I'd already added everything I wanted to it. Weird. I didn't even use TiBu to restore anything. Just installed it.

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I use TiBu but do individual backups. Playstore won't backup/restore Amazon apps.:cool: It doesn't take that long to do and so far I haven't has a problem with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1