Noob, can't flash ROM

cookrd1

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Vz Note 2, rooted with TWRP installed (used procedure over at galaxynote2root.com). I downloaded four different ROM's to my external SD card. When I boot into (TWRP) recovery and try to install any of them, I get an error that it can't unzip the file/file corrupt. I tried several SD cards, all formatted FAT32 and downloaded ROMs several times, same result. Someone suggested that I boot into TWRP and check for update, but it says it is up to date. Being new at this, I am at a total loss. Appreciate any help, but please explain it for a N00B!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Cookrd1,

When you ate downloading the Rom, are you downloading it directly to the device via 4g or WiFi, or are you downloading it first to the computer, and then transferring it to device memory (or is this case, your Sd.)

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Vz Note 2, rooted with TWRP installed (used procedure over at galaxynote2root.com). I downloaded four different ROM's to my external SD card. When I boot into (TWRP) recovery and try to install any of them, I get an error that it can't unzip the file/file corrupt. I tried several SD cards, all formatted FAT32 and downloaded ROMs several times, same result. Someone suggested that I boot into TWRP and check for update, but it says it is up to date. Being new at this, I am at a total loss. Appreciate any help, but please explain it for a N00B!

It really sounds like twrp is not updated. I would check on goo manager for an update.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon