| || |
Galaxy Note 2 - Bluetooth configuration quesiton...? need your help...
I have a question regarding the Bluetooth configuration on my Verizon galaxy note 2. I think this issue may be for the advanced users or developers..
In summary here's my situation: I have a rooted verizon galaxy note 2, that has been rooted with jellybean. I have a 2011 Ford F150 FX4 that uses Microsoft Sync. I know there's been a lot of controversy out there regarding sync, but in this case I do not believe it's a sync issue.
Here is my specific issue: If I enable Bluetooth on the phone before starting the truck, the Bluetooth syncs up normally as it should. However, if I have the Bluetooth on the phone OFF and then start the truck and begin driving and then go to turn on Bluetooth on the phone it does not automatically pair with sync. I have to manually go into the truck settings and connect the phone, then the Bluetooth will work normally. Don't get this confused with pairing the phone, I don't have to pair the phone I only have to connect it via Ford Sync.
Here are the actions I've taken to no avail:
- On the Note 2: I set the Bluetooth time to "Never Timeout"
- On the Note 2: I've unpaired the phone countless times
- On the Ford Sync: I've unpaired the phone countless times
- On the Ford Sync: Peformed a factory reset of the system
- On the Ford Sync: Upgraded to the latest firmware and repeated the steps outlined above
- On the Ford Sync: Research the issue on Syncmyride.com
Here is what I'm finding to be the problem but I dont know how to enable it on the phone... I honestly believe is a configuration issue on the phone, but I want to get your thoughts. Here is the scenario again..
- Scenario: On the Note 2, the Bluetooth setting is off, I start the truck up as I normally do. On the Note 2, I go into settings and turn Bluetooth on. The Bluetooth indicator on the phone shows up, but it does not on the Ford Sync... however, if I go into the phone's bluetooth settings... I found that the call audio box is NOT checked off... as soon as I check that "Call Audio" box on the phone, the bluetooth syncs up to the Ford Sync just fine. Where I am having the issue is... I CAN NOT find anywhere on the phone to CHECK the "Call Audio" box and have it save that way. Everytime I do this it becomes uncheck...
I know I'm kinda long winded here... but wanted to get your thoughts...? Thank you for you time...