Computer doesn't recognize the phone when it goes into download mode.

DJPardy

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Android and need help troubleshooting why when I connect my GN2 via usb and try to root ( Tried in casual and GN2 toolkit with odin ) it gets stuck on the file transferring part. When i was using odin, I picked the right file in PDA and tried to flash but the first box goes red and says failed. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thak you!

-Devon

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Android and need help troubleshooting why when I connect my GN2 via usb and try to root ( Tried in casual and GN2 toolkit with odin ) it gets stuck on the file transferring part. When i was using odin, I picked the right file in PDA and tried to flash but the first box goes red and says failed. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thak you!

-Devon
There are a few possibilities. You may be flashing an improper file, or you may be using a faulty cable. There is also a possibility that the usb port is the issue. Please switch the usb port used, and check the file you are flashing. If that doesn't work, switch out the cable

DJPardy

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
When I switch usb ports from the 3.0 to the 2.0 port it doesnt connect to my computer. However, when I use the 3.0 port it says its connected to my computer but casual doesnt see it. And I just bought a new cable, but im not rjling that out. The file im tring to flash when using odin is certainly correct however.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
When I switch usb ports from the 3.0 to the 2.0 port it doesnt connect to my computer. However, when I use the 3.0 port it says its connected to my computer but casual doesnt see it. And I just bought a new cable, but im not rjling that out. The file im tring to flash when using odin is certainly correct however.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
Have you installed the samsung drivers using kies?