Full Storage Issues

btrfly0823

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've changed roms a few times now and no matter what I do the most free space I can get on my i605 is like 1.5gb. What gives? I've tried going in and deleted almost every file I can find that I'm sure I dont need. Where is all the information I need to delete stored and is this normal with switching roms? Can I hook my phone up to my computer, delete everything and then use Odin to install a fresh rom?

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Greetings. If you've flashed a number of ROMs, you may have a lot of leftovers in your internal storage (shows up as "SD Card" in your file explorer, not to be confused with your actual SD card, the one that you can physically remove and is identified as "ExtSD Card" by your file explorer). The best way to get rid of all this is to select "format internal storage" when you're doing a wipe in preparation for installing a new ROM. Using Odin to install ROMs is not recommended. There's a thread at XDA explaining this...WARNING: Once youre unlocked dont use odin to flash custom ROMs. - xda-developers

Instead, you really should be using a custom recovery such as Clockwork Mod (CWM) or Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). I prefer TWRP, due to the UI.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to do is clear cache and do a data reset between each ROM flash.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech