Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GeekCop
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Full Storage Issues

Hi,

I've changed roms a few times now and no matter what I do the most free space I can get on my i605 is like 1.5gb. What gives? I've tried going in and deleted almost every file I can find that I'm sure I dont need. Where is all the information I need to delete stored and is this normal with switching roms? Can I hook my phone up to my computer, delete everything and then use Odin to install a fresh rom?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Default Re: Full Storage Issues

Greetings. If you've flashed a number of ROMs, you may have a lot of leftovers in your internal storage (shows up as "SD Card" in your file explorer, not to be confused with your actual SD card, the one that you can physically remove and is identified as "ExtSD Card" by your file explorer). The best way to get rid of all this is to select "format internal storage" when you're doing a wipe in preparation for installing a new ROM. Using Odin to install ROMs is not recommended. There's a thread at XDA explaining this...

Instead, you really should be using a custom recovery such as Clockwork Mod (CWM) or Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). I prefer TWRP, due to the UI.
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Full Storage Issues

Another thing to do is clear cache and do a data reset between each ROM flash.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    UJ95x likes this.