Odin help - Was rooted, back to stock, MUST re-root

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm trying to run the baseline2.tar.md5 with the .pit file in Odin and it saying that the "Complete(Write) operation failed. Any idea what that means or why it's doing that? Im running the VRMAC and I need to get back to the VRALJB before I can do any rooting/unlocking correct? NEED HELP SOON!!!

Jason

@One_Angry_Panda

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Where did you get the file? What version of Android were you on and which are you trying to go to?

On 4.1.2. 105VRAMC3. Which files? I've gotten everything from XDA or here. Pre-OTA update Rooted and unlocked, went back to stock because of a sim card error i was getting that was making me do sim card pulls once a week and now I'm trying to do root and unlock Post-OTA update that I think went through automatically overnight one night. When I run casual, it runs and then says I'm not rooted to root my phone. When I try and run the BaselineBootloader with the .PIT file it doesn't work, eventually says "write" failed. I'm baffled.

Jason :confused:
@One_Angry_Panda

mattnmag

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
@One_Angry_Panda. You do not have to ODIN back to VRALJB if your goal is to reroot on VRAMC3. The above Android forum link that you posted is a rooting guide from 2012 that won't work on VRAMC3.

If you use ODIN version 3.0.7, you should be able to use one of the stock VRAMC3 ROM'S from Xda to restore back to stock VRAMC3.... then use Adam Outler's Casual program to reroot and unlock the bootloader on VRAMC3. ( I won't post the links because I think external links are not allowed here). The version of Casual that worked for me was R515...under the download area on Adam Outler's guide "Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] No You Verizon -VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13".... just make sure you totally disable all virus scanning on your computer before running it.. including Windows Defender... (Also.... after you restore to stock VRAMC3....Don't take the update to version 4.3 because CASUAL does not work on 4.3 and there's no way to unlock the bootloader on 4.3 at this time).

Xda member Droidstyle has a very helpful guide on how to restore to stock... it's in the Xda "Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development" section.

Developer Imnuts also has a guide on Xda with stock recovery images for VRAMC3 ( you can find Imnuts guide in the Xda "Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development" section too. Always verify the Md5 checksums before flashing anything through ODIN.

One final thing that might be helpful is a YouTube video I found on restoring the Note 2 to stock Verizon VRAMC3.... you can find the video by entering the search terms ( restore stock note 2 Verizon ) .... it's the first video to come up.... posted by Rootjunky.

I hope this helps and good luck with trying to fix your device.

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
@One_Angry_Panda. You do not have to ODIN back to VRALJB if your goal is to reroot on VRAMC3. The above Android forum link that you posted is a rooting guide from 2012 that won't work on VRAMC3.

If you use ODIN version 3.0.7, you should be able to use one of the stock VRAMC3 ROM'S from Xda to restore back to stock VRAMC3.... then use Adam Outler's Casual program to reroot and unlock the bootloader on VRAMC3. ( I won't post the links because I think external links are not allowed here). The version of Casual that worked for me was R515...under the download area on Adam Outler's guide "Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] No You Verizon -VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13".... just make sure you totally disable all virus scanning on your computer before running it.. including Windows Defender... (Also.... after you restore to stock VRAMC3....Don't take the update to version 4.3 because CASUAL does not work on 4.3 and there's no way to unlock the bootloader on 4.3 at this time).

Xda member Droidstyle has a very helpful guide on how to restore to stock... it's in the Xda "Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development" section.

Developer Imnuts also has a guide on Xda with stock recovery images for VRAMC3 ( you can find Imnuts guide in the Xda "Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development" section too. Always verify the Md5 checksums before flashing anything through ODIN.

One final thing that might be helpful is a YouTube video I found on restoring the Note 2 to stock Verizon VRAMC3.... you can find the video by entering the search terms ( restore stock note 2 Verizon ) .... it's the first video to come up.... posted by Rootjunky.

I hope this helps and good luck with trying to fix your device.

Thanks for all of this! I'll check it all out tonight and see how it goes. I'll update here tomorrow!!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid