1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default softbricked

Hello.

I'm new here, I just really hope someone can help me.

So I had a rooted note 2 before but I had to unroot it and turn it back in to get a new one.
    And also, forgive me for I did this whole thing last night and I have a poor memory...

At first root66 was working properly. Then I was an ***** and used CASUAL. I tried to restore it back to stock firmware. Things happened and I got the stupid "firmware upgrade encountered an issue blah blah blah" I tried downloading stock roms with the pit file and it would fail, but root66 would pass and my phone would work and be rooted time, until I reached a point where I was stuck in a bootloop, I could get into download mode, but not into recovery mode.

I tried the stock rom with the pit file:
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
    <ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> boot.img
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> cache.img
    <ID:0/004> hidden.img
    <ID:0/004> modem.bin
    <ID:0/004> param.bin
    <ID:0/004> recovery.img
    <ID:0/004> system.img
    <ID:0/004> tombstones.img
    <ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/004> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/004> Removed!!

It resets.
    But when I go to my phone it's stuck in a bootloop "Samsung Galaxy note 2" Just stays on there. No samsung logo. When I try to go to recovery mode the "samsung galxaxy note2" appears again

If anyone can help me even one bit that'd be amazing.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: softbricked

Welcome to the forums.
    You may have to look at a JTAG service.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Before that last resort, I really want to try one more time after cache is cleared. Is there any way to clear it without going into recovery mode?

And I think the problem is in the bootloader. When I flash root66 and the stock rom, it says "pass", but the phone gets stuck at the logo.

**UPDATE
    Oh! I remember what I was doing!
    I was on root66 with no problem and I was trying to get twrp so I flashed my phone with the pit file and the bootloader baseline. It failed and that's when this whole thing happened.

Also, when I flash the bootloader baseline file again, I get my phone into "firmware upgrade encountered an issue blah blah blah" screen. I remember last time I tried this I also got this message and I was able to fix it and root my phone, but I completely forgot how in the world I did that.

**My phone is stuck in bootloop. It can go in download mode and odin recognizes it, but i can't go into recovery mode.
    Last edited by xxicedtea; 02-11-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxicedtea View Post
    Before that last resort, I really want to try one more time after cache is cleared. Is there any way to clear it without going into recovery mode?

And I think the problem is in the bootloader. When I flash root66 and the stock rom, it says "pass", but the phone gets stuck at the logo.

**UPDATE
    Oh! I remember what I was doing!
    I was on root66 with no problem and I was trying to get twrp so I flashed my phone with the pit file and the bootloader baseline. It failed and that's when this whole thing happened.

Also, when I flash the bootloader baseline file again, I get my phone into "firmware upgrade encountered an issue blah blah blah" screen. I remember last time I tried this I also got this message and I was able to fix it and root my phone, but I completely forgot how in the world I did that.

**My phone is stuck in bootloop. It can go in download mode and odin recognizes it, but i can't go into recovery mode.

Please use pit file along with rom file in Odin to go back to stock rom which will fully work.

Posted via Android Central App