Now that my note 2 is updated to kitkat is it still possible to root?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I failed to root my at&t Note II after OTA 4.4.2 using several root tools then succeeded with chainfire autoroot. If y try it, be certain to use the autoroot package that matches your exact model. If you are on SCH-i605 try this:
How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605

Thanks for the link. Seems pretty easy. I just don't want to ruin my phone. I still have a year or so to go lol. How I easy is this process?
I would like to pretty much just get the bloat off of my phone.

Last edited:

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an expert, having done this once, snd if you search for forum threads here and in xda about chainfire you will find plenty of experts. In my opinion, any attempt to root your phone is dangerous and could brick your phone. But Chainfire has done an impressive job of automating the process, leaving you as few as possible opportunities for error.

Some tips:

when loading supersu for the first time be sure to disable knox. It's a security utility from samsung to make sure you don't do anything dangerous or immoral with your phone, such as removing bloatware. If you don't disable it at the right time it can be devilishly difficult to kill

If your phone is under warranty be sure to do the triangle-away step.

Be sure you have a root-capable file explorer

If you run into trouble deleting or moving files on SD search Google Play for SDFIX.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I used Ghettoroot as well. Unfortunately, the bootloader is still locked and I don't believe that it can be unlocked. I'm limited to using a TW-based ROM loaded using Safestrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith