Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 126
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #101  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by android_hokie View Post
    May I ask why you returned the Intuition? I've been thinking about getting it. I desperately want the Note II, but I'm not sure I can afford it. There are great prices on the Intuition right now. I don't expect the price on the Note to drop for several months.
    Pay 100 on it when you get it and charge the rest on your bill that way you got a month to pay the other 200.

    The Nottinator
    Thanked by:
  2. #102  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    488 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Pay 100 on it when you get it and charge the rest on your bill that way you got a month to pay the other 200.

    The Nottinator
    Verizon will let you put some of the cost of the new phone on your bill?

    Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
  3. #103  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    I usually buy myself a Christmas gift. The note 2 is now on my mind.
    My contract isn't up until August. Besides if I want to keep my unlimited plan, I'll have to pay retail, right?
    $700 is unreasonable, I only paid $900 for my 60inch plasma. The carriers know the retail price is outrageous, and of course prefer for us to buy the subsidized price for the 2 year contract. Best buy has the unactivated prices listed at $800, but at least that way you can make payments over 18 months with their credit card.
    I could of course break my contract, pay the $350 - $10 per month already paid, then get it at the subsidized price which I think would make it around $500 for me.

    The money isn't the issue, it's the justification that I'm having a hard time with.
    I would really miss running the sourcery ROM too.
  4. #104  

    Default What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Keep in mind your getting Quad core, 2gb Ram and 3100 battery with the Note 2!!! No comparison
  5. #105  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Verizon will let you put some of the cost of the new phone on your bill?

    Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    Up to $400.

    It used to be $1000.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  6. #106  
    cpuangel's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 0.6.2

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvHorses View Post
    Keep in mind your getting Quad core, 2gb Ram and 3100 battery with the Note 2!!! No comparison
    Could say the same thing for the DNA, which supposedly will be 100 dollars cheaper

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  7. #107  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    488 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Up to $400.

    It used to be $1000.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Do you have to just tell them to put it on your bill? So if I were to go in the store to purchase the Note 2 I could just have them put it on my bill and walk out without paying right there?

    Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
  8. #108  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Do you have to just tell them to put it on your bill? So if I were to go in the store to purchase the Note 2 I could just have them put it on my bill and walk out without paying right there?

    Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    Yes, if your account was in good standing.

    The Nottinator
  9. #109  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I could of course break my contract, pay the $350 - $10 per month already paid, then get it at the subsidized price which I think would make it around $500 for me.
    Don't forget, you can probably also get something for your current phone.
  10. #110  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Pay 100 on it when you get it and charge the rest on your bill that way you got a month to pay the other 200.

    The Nottinator
    I'm still not sure if I'm willing to drop $300 for a phone, but this is an interesting option to consider My contract is up on Dec. 28. If there is any sort of a decent after-Christmas deal on the Note 2, I'll probably grab it. For now, I'm just obsessing about it.
  11. #111  
    Podgorica's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    iPhone 4 and can't wait for the note 2 to arrive
  12. #112  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,181 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    I stopped into the local Verizon store to ask the (always useless) sales people there about accessories and if they had them coming in anytime soon. Got nothing but blank looks which is about par for the course. So I did play with the GS3 which I hadn't before and I will say it was really a nice fluid and easy to use device compared to my Galaxy Nexus previously. I am really looking forward to the GN2.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
  13. #113  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    The last phone rep I spoke to said that as customers we are usually better informed and more accurate and up to date information about Android devices than they are given by VZW.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  14. #114  
    cw0974's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by android_hokie View Post
    May I ask why you returned the Intuition? I've been thinking about getting it. I desperately want the Note II, but I'm not sure I can afford it. There are great prices on the Intuition right now. I don't expect the price on the Note to drop for several months.
    The intuition is a nice phone, however, it was a little sluggish for me. When I had it, and when my 14 day return policy was running out, root was not introduced yet. So I decided I would just wait for the note 2 since it is what I wanted from the start.
  15. #115  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,704 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I usually buy myself a Christmas gift. The note 2 is now on my mind.
    My contract isn't up until August. Besides if I want to keep my unlimited plan, I'll have to pay retail, right?
    $700 is unreasonable, I only paid $900 for my 60inch plasma. The carriers know the retail price is outrageous, and of course prefer for us to buy the subsidized price for the 2 year contract. Best buy has the unactivated prices listed at $800, but at least that way you can make payments over 18 months with their credit card.
    I could of course break my contract, pay the $350 - $10 per month already paid, then get it at the subsidized price which I think would make it around $500 for me.

    The money isn't the issue, it's the justification that I'm having a hard time with.
    I would really miss running the sourcery ROM too.
    If you break your contract, doesn't that make you loose your current number? I inquired about this and the rep stated the number is "blocked" for 59 days.
  16. #116  
    tritan's Avatar

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    I have decided the Note 2 will replace my GS3 and Nexus 7.
    so u are going to use it as a replacement for both. I never thought of that's it appears to be a good device for reading on.
    May the droid be with you !
  17. #117  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    so u are going to use it as a replacement for both. I never thought of that's it appears to be a good device for reading on.
    I tether my GS3 to my tablets. I use my N7 the most and with it tethered to my gs3 it runs through battery quickly. Plus carrying one device rather than 2 sounds like the ideal way to go. Use my Asus tf700 for movies and need to type quicker.
  18. #118  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Dropping my Iphone 4 for the GN2. My Iphone has been very reliable for almost 2 years but as of recently, it has been acting up. I think its time for something new and something better.
  19. #119  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    I am selling my iPhone 5 for the note. I actually dropped my phone accidentally but fortunately have apple care so for $49 ill have a brand new one. Will sell it and then but the note with the proceeds from iPhone. Ready to go back to android but definitely nervous.
  20. #120  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,181 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    I am looking so forward to having my GN2 as my phone, mini tablet and mobile media device for podcasts and music on my 64GB microSD card. Taking it all on the go, I will even get an NFC badge for the car to tap and go straight to music etc.
  21. #121  
    Coug's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    I am dropping an incredible 2. Finally got fed up with my blackberry a year ago but still had 6 months on my contract, so bought the incredible 2 to get me by. Excited about the note 2 for work. I carry a small notebook in my pocket at all times so hoping to get rid of that. Spouse is giving up her droid 2 global for the S3. The S3 and Note are both a lot bigger than my current phone, so just figured why not get the one with the pen.
  22. #122  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Dropping from my Galaxy Nexus. Not sure if I should still get the Note 2 or wait for the Galaxy S4.
  23. #123  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    Dropping from my Galaxy Nexus. Not sure if I should still get the Note 2 or wait for the Galaxy S4.
    You will be waiting a while for the GS4, especially if you are in the USA.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  24. #124  

    Default What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    Dropping my S3 which I love, but the n2 is bigger, faster and intuitive.
  25. #125  

    Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

    I still have a DroidX - because I picked a phone I knew I would be happy with two years later.
    I now pick the Note2 - because I pick a phone I know I will be happy with two years from now.
    Let history repeat itself. What a great ride it is - homework paying off...
    Last edited by OffSpot2; 11-22-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Mr.Gadget and Malcomn like this.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 11:49 PM
  2. What are you disappointed in so far with the GN?
    By sushiglobster in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
  3. what are you going to put on your new htc lock screen?
    By markespo55 in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:48 AM
  4. What are you most looking forward to using 4G for?
    By flashpiti in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 07:51 AM

Posting Permissions

B