What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Razr Maxx
It's a awesome phone with the best by far battery life!!
Just would like a bigger screen, faster, jelly bean, basically the best thing out and i think that's the note 2!!
To bad they didn't make the battery bigger with a screen that size. The screen uses most of the power so of course it needs a big battery but it's scrappy smaller than the maxx which has only a 4.3 screen. I don't think battery life will be anything to brag about

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Razr Maxx
It's a awesome phone with the best by far battery life!!
Just would like a bigger screen, faster, jelly bean, basically the best thing out and i think that's the note 2!!
To bad they didn't make the battery bigger with a screen that size. The screen uses most of the power so of course it needs a big battery but it's scrappy smaller than the maxx which has only a 4.3 screen. I don't think battery life will be anything to brag about

SaltySteve:
Battery life of high performance phones is probably my first priority when considering a new device. It doesn't matter how amazing a phone is if it can only be amazing for 4 hours before it has to be plugged in. Or everything has to be turned down so low for it to make it through the day that it isn't amazing anymore.
I am one of the few happy original Thunderbolt owners because I got an extended battery from the beginning. My phone has met my expectation from the start and done everything advertised, albeit with the hump in its back.
In leaving my T-bolt I want something that can last all day without having to turn all the features off.
Coming from the Razr Maxx, I'm surprised you aren't considering the Maxx HD as I am. It has everything you liked about the Maxx but with a bigger, better screen.
Maybe you, like I, are waiting to see how the battery performs on the GN2.
The bigger screen, better camera, and advanced features make the GN2 better than the Maxx HD in my humble opinion, IF, THE BATTERY LAST A FULL DAY.
Above, you wished that it had a bigger battery but it is significantly bigger than the original Galaxy Note.
The GN1 only carries a 2500 mAh battery and generally makes it through the day according to most posters in that forum. The GN2 has a 3100 mAh battery and has gotten glowing reviews on that forum. The problem is those GN2 phones are on networks with little to no super high speed but super battery draining LTE.
The true test will be the Verizon launch where most have full time LTE. If the GN2 performs well then bye-bye T-bolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am dumping an iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2. Simply put I had hoped the iP5 had grown up with its LTE but as usual Apple cut corners and you cannot do simultaneous voice AND data like you can with Android devices. No using Data LTE and Voice 3G, or in the future VoLTE and Data on LTE.

I have owned so many Android phones and each time I have tried something else outside the Android ecosystem I always end up back on Android. The kicker is I was using an HTC Trophy as a backup phone at one point and it worked very well, easy to use and best of all the Voice dialing was better than Siri's and it would read my text messages and send replies over BT in my cars HF system. iPhone simply can't do it.

My iP5 is going, going, soon to be gone. I'll use a spare flip phone for a month while I wait it out.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I am going to get rid of my Droid Razr Maxx for the SGN2. I want the huge screen as the Samsung UI. I really like what they have done with their phones. Coming from the Maxx and having AWESOME battery life to a phablet that has a large battery but will probably not last a day is going to be tough. As others have said, the screen will use up tons of battery y itself. Have heard you will get a full day with the Note 2 but that is not going to be the case once it connects to Verizon 4g LTE. I will go and play with it in the store and probably give it a try for the 14 days that Verizon will let you return the device if you are not happy.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to turn LTE off since i don't have that in my area so battery life should get me thru the day no problem.

The Nottinator

Secularist

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
dropping AT&T and my iPhone4 to come back to Verizon with a Note 2. My contract is up Jan 4, 2013...as soon as I make that last required payment I'm heading to the Verizon store. Can't wait!

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx right now. Great phone, love the battery life, but some small issues lately. Have heard & seen lots of great reviews on other versions, but nothing on the Verizon one yet. I don't really care about the branding on the home button, or if the bootloader is locked, those are the least of my worries. As long as it's a great phone, and by all accounts it will be, that's the big thing for me. I just hope the Verizon reviews start coming out soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Switching from a Thunderbolt. It was a huge upgrade from my previous phone, which was a BB Storm 2. Now the Note 2 will be a huge upgrade from the Thunderbolt. I'm also getting tired of lugging around such a thick phone. I got the extended battery so it would last more than 3 hours. Plus the screen is starting to have issues responding. Would also like a faster phone that can lead any app or Web Page.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

I'm in the same boat. It is time to retire my Thunderbolt. Besides battery life, it has been a decent phone. I've been running unofficial CM7 on it for a while so that has definitely helped. I think I'll turn it into a permanent baby monitor for my home IP cameras now.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Exactly guys,,, maxx to n2 with lte ...
I don't think by simple math my guess says n2 will not have the best battery life. That's got to be the best thing about my phone at the moment!!
Smaller battery in a bigger screen that has brighter whites, hmmm? Do the others not see or rather choose to ignore the not so hot battery life of the n2 future

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3500mah battery in my incredible 2 so i know battery life won't be as good but I'll up the battery size in the n2.

The Nottinator

cpuangel

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My father already dropped a Galaxy S II & a Torch for a Note II !

I gotta say, its a great peace of hardware & it fits in the hand a lot better than the Original Note

After using it, I'm tempted to get one, but I'm waiting for the HTC 8X

Sent from my MB860 using Android Central Forums

I keep hearing that the note 2 fits better in the hand than the OG note? How is it bigger and accomplish this? Anyone wanna elaborate? I was in best buy yesterday and was messing with the OG Note and was kinda shocked how big it was. Specs alone I was considering the Note 2 or the HTC DNA..

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I keep hearing that the note 2 fits better in the hand than the OG note? How is it bigger and accomplish this? Anyone wanna elaborate? I was in best buy yesterday and was messing with the OG Note and was kinda shocked how big it was. Specs alone I was considering the Note 2 or the HTC DNA..

I'm not sure of this is the case but the Note 2 is a little less wide and has rounded edges and its a dream to hold.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I've used it for the past week, and it was very reasonable to hold. Easier than I anticipated. Very functional.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I went from the BB bold 9930 to the LG Intuition, which was returned. Now I'm waiting patiently with my bold 9930 in hand.

May I ask why you returned the Intuition? I've been thinking about getting it. I desperately want the Note II, but I'm not sure I can afford it. There are great prices on the Intuition right now. I don't expect the price on the Note to drop for several months.

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
May I ask why you returned the Intuition? I've been thinking about getting it. I desperately want the Note II, but I'm not sure I can afford it. There are great prices on the Intuition right now. I don't expect the price on the Note to drop for several months.

I've tried both and my advice would be to save a little longer and get the note 2. It's not even close.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22