Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

If you have a SG3, would you leave it for the note 2? If so why? I'm a iphoner who is making the jump and leaning heavily towards the sg3.
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

Default Re: What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

I am going to drop my trusty Droid X2. It just can't keep up anymore. I was really leaning towards the SGS3...... but when I saw the U.S. version of the Note 2 was going to be keeping it's quad core processor and had a 5.5" screen, it was a no brainer. SGS3 is a great device. My cousin just got one and loves it. But I want the speed and screen size that the GN2 has to offer. Not to mention that with a front and rear facing camera I will finally be able to video chat with my family when I'm away for extended periods of time for work.

Sent from my BNRV200 using Tapatalk 2
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Yup, I'll be "leaving" the SIII for the Note 2 (although not really; I'm giving it to my wife, so it will still be around). I wanted the original Note, but it was a no-go since it never came to Sprint.

I think that this will be the perfect device for me... The bigger screen for multimedia, and the goodness of the SIII, which has been the best phone that I have used to date.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    JellyBro

I fully intend on breaking up with my Galaxy Nexus for this phablet. I've never been overly impressed with the GN's camera and I'm drooling over that bigger screen.

My SIII, on Sprint...Nuff said.

I'm going to be leaving my note for the note 2/iPhone 5 haven't decided yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

I have been on my SG3 running Jellybean for some while now. I will be upgrading to the Note 2 or Droid RAZR MAXX HD. I actually torn between the two tho haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Motorola Droid 2 Global on v#$%^! . Nice phone for it time but that 2years a go. Have Been us the MD2G for read Ebooks, watching videos .
    I hope the U.S. version of the Note 2 was going to be keeping it's quad core processor and had a 5.5" screen, I can use the speed and screen size that the GN2 has to offer

ROM
    MIUI

I'm leaving my original Droid X that I got two years ago. (I'm 14 so this will be my second phone)
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,205 Global Posts

ill be upgrading from my S3

Motorola Droid. This phone is 3 years old, I think its time for an upgrade.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Leaving my DROID razr maxx. I really like what Samsung is doing with their product line. And I would really like a larger screen, 4.3" is so 2010. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Blackberry 8330 / HTC Hero / Motorola Milestone / Motorola Milestone X / Motorola Photon / Apple iPhone 4 / Motorola Droid Bionic / Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX / Verizon Galaxy Nexus / iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    ViperOne

My Infuse 4G. All the dev support that thing got is going to make me miss my Infuse.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Iphone 3GS. AT&T grandfathered with unlimited data. I waited patiently for the 5 but the more I heard about it, the more I was unimpressed. I stopped by an ATT store on the 5 release date in the afternoon and they had just received a new shipment so I could of had one with no wait. After playing with the demo.....meh! Yeah, it's nice, but it's time to to something DIFFERENT. I really like the Note idea, how often do you use your phone as a PHONE? After reading about the 2, I've decided to wait for the release. I'm looking forward to jumping into the Android world, and that's why I'm here now...
    Thanked by:

Switching from a Droid Incredible 2. I was going to go with the GS III but then I saw that this bad boy was going to be on VZW and I was like sign me up! I also think my wife wants to drop her Droid 3 and get it as well
    Droid Incredible 1 July 2010-September 2011, Droid Incredible 2 September 2011-January 2013
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 January 2013-

Original EVO 4G. I've been available for an upgrade since June, but nothing has tempted me like this Note 2. (maximum 52 days wait and counting).

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

Switching from a Thunderbolt. It was a huge upgrade from my previous phone, which was a BB Storm 2. Now the Note 2 will be a huge upgrade from the Thunderbolt. I'm also getting tired of lugging around such a thick phone. I got the extended battery so it would last more than 3 hours. Plus the screen is starting to have issues responding. Would also like a faster phone that can lead any app or Web Page.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
    jvbaseball likes this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Looks like i will be leaving my iPhone 4, for this...or the new Nexus....
    yzviper likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Currently using the Gnex and will be looking at the Note 2 and new Nexus, I'm pretty impressed with the Note 2 specs.

Ill be dropping an i*hone 4 that I got for free from my previous employer for obvious reasons. Then Ill have Gnex, Nexus 7, and this beast! GNex will go when next Nexus comes out.

Default What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

I just got iPhone 5 to replace my S3. I have had androids since the original droid. I might have to take a look at this beast if it is quad core. Really liking the iPhone though. Pretty solid plus with iPad and Macbook, it comes in handy. Big difference in size though between iPhone and GN2. I now enjoy having all music for the gym everyday. iPhone sounds great with my beats.

What do you guys think?
    XChrisX likes this.

I will be leaving my sexy white Samsung galaxy S3 for the white sexier Samsung galaxy note 2 on Sprint, can't wait.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    XChrisX likes this.

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Well, I will be taking my wife's upgrade on 12/1, so she will be receiving my SGS3 in exchange. Then she will give our daughter her SGS2 as part of our deal.

A Galaxy type familia, lol...
    Rolling with Sprint since 3/99...

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

I went from the BB bold 9930 to the LG Intuition, which was returned. Now I'm waiting patiently with my bold 9930 in hand.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I've had my Thunderbolt since the day it was released. Apparently I'm one of the lucky ones that never had any problems with it. Now I'm just bored with it. Upgrade in November, and was going to go with an SGS3, but then I saw this bad boy. I can't wait to get it. I thought I read some where about it kind of sucking as a phone? Anyone else, or was that the GN1? Either way, I hate talking on the phone, so no real deal breaker there.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast