Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 4 Star General
  • 1 Post By JWatson4701
  • 1 Post By smooches680
  • 1 Post By ibcop
  • 1 Post By Touchpaddle
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re: Oct 24th

Hopefully it hits all U.S. carriers on this date, I'm sure Verizon will be the last of U.S. carriers to release just as they did with the Galaxy S3...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by 901boy View Post
    Hopefully it hits all U.S. carriers on this date, I'm sure Verizon will be the last of U.S. carriers to release just as they did with the Galaxy S3...
    I hope not, bcuz I'm leaving Sprint to go to Vz for this phone.

Sorry samsung states the samsung galaxy note 2 will come to the Usa in November, See below!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oct 24th-uploadfromtaptalk1349735996137.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    Sorry samsung states the samsung galaxy note 2 will come to the Usa in November, See below!

I hope you don't put full trust and belief in the info the mfgs put forth... If so I've got beach property in Kansas for sale...
    sicario666 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    I hope you don't put full trust and belief in the info the mfgs put forth... If so I've got beach property in Kansas for sale...
    That came straight from Samsung itself. Why wouldn't I believe that?

It does say by mid-November, not in mid-November; implying that it could come earlier.
    corymcnutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JWatson4701 View Post
    It does say by mid-November, not in mid-November; implying that it could come earlier.
    That would be great if it was earlier that November. I want it now, Why does the USA always have to be last to get everything?

sicario666 likes this.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

well now we know that AT&T is releasing it on Oct 24th, so it might not be too late until VZW releases this too.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0974 View Post
    well now we know that AT&T is releasing it on Oct 24th, so it might not be too late until VZW releases this too.
    So how do you know that Att are going to release there Samsung galaxy note 2 on the 24th of October when the stores don't even know that? Samsung is just announcing this device on the 24th.

Global Posts
    5,936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

So how do you know that Att are going to release there Samsung galaxy note 2 on the 24th of October when the stores don't even know that? Samsung is just announcing this device on the 24th.

As a general rule, the stores (AT&T, Verizon, etc) are clueless when it comes to release dates. They usually get notified a few days in advance at best. Hell, we know more about future devices than most reps do!

I'm not implying the N2 will be released on October 24th by any means but simply making a point.
    Jtav27 likes this.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I think stores don't discuss release dates because you are there and you are a potential sale. To tell someone not to make a purchase now and to come back, as in this case a month away and the chances are you will not see them again. I was in an ATT store a month before the Iphone 5 release and they supposedly had no information on its release date. Is it the right thing to do? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    As a general rule, the stores (AT&T, Verizon, etc) are clueless when it comes to release dates. They usually get notified a few days in advance at best. Hell, we know more about future devices than most reps do!

I'm not implying the N2 will be released on October 24th by any means but simply making a point.
    Alright thank you and I understand where you are coming from.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Well ATT, Sprint and T Mobile have announced it coming to their network. Why hasn't Verizon? It's hard to believe they will carry it because they are selling the LG version already.

Default Oct 24th

No confirmation yet? They had better get the Note2! As I can't switch providers.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

I just realized I said AT&T but I meant to say t-mobile. PA noted that t-mobile had a leaked memo, now official, that they are releasing the Note 2 on the 24th. That's why I brought it up. The stores generally don't know anything, and neither do the reps..............

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

I am doing the same thing!! I am really .... really... thinking of breaking my contract for this one!!

Quote Originally Posted by pmjj View Post
    I am doing the same thing!! I am really .... really... thinking of breaking my contract for this one!!
    that's what I did when I was in a bad marriage. (except the early termination fee for marriages is much higher)
    leroybrute likes this.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

It says it will be on 5 US carriers by mid-November. That just means the final carrier will be selling it no later than mid-November, not when the first Note2's will go on sale.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

now Sprint has confirmed the release to be on Oct 25th. I hope verizon is coming soon too. VZW October release would be awesome

I am breaking my contract in addition to others I know. This phone is really impressive. I just hope the VZW gets it in the stores on the 24th. Just a few days... Cannot wait....
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by FSchmitthammer View Post
    I am breaking my contract in addition to others I know. This phone is really impressive. I just hope the VZW gets it in the stores on the 24th. Just a few days... Cannot wait....
    Me as well, I'm dropping Sprint after 10+yrs for this phone. It's a waste to hv this phone in a non 4G/LTE market. So Vz, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    Me as well, I'm dropping Sprint after 10+yrs for this phone. A waste to hv this phone in a non LTE market. So Vz, here I come.
    I was considering leaving VZ for the likes of Sprint/AT&T whatever... but the problem most of us in city locations with good 4G signals will face is speed. When you look at speed tests, VZ blows everyone out of the park so for me, I like to use RDP apps and HQ streaming music... I use the bandwidth and with the higher speeds, you get a pretty good (non-laggy) experience as you would with a PC and a wi-fi connection. That's why I have to stay with Verizon. Their 4G is pretty un-matched regardless of what you think about customer service and stuff. So people saying screw VZ and things like I'm moving off of them to keep unlimited to go to Sprint, those are the people giving up the speed more than anything... something I cannot afford.

Now... we just have to wait. I'm thinking they would give people more than a weeks heads up that the phone is coming out? It's already less than that and no word so Oct24th looks pretty negative.

i just read on samsungs face book page it's being released tomorrow!