[Q] Do we know the storage size?

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I won't bother getting a 16 gigabyte version. Do we know if it is 16, 32, or 64 gigabytes for the Verizon version?

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
For real? Not even 32 gigs? 5 gigs are taken by the system alone. That leaves just 11 gigs for apps with no apps to sd storage. Wow. Just wow.

Dezolis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dude you can get a 64 micro sd class 10 from Amazon for around 55 bucks much cheaper than paying verizon for the extra memory. i have one in my S3 right now and it doesnt affect the speed of the device at all.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
You know how Big Red rolls.
They will launch the 16g to all the early adopters at $299 and then once the minimum advertised price period is over (4-24-13) they will drop to $199 and sell 32g at $299.
We may never see the 64g version unless someone in marketing believes they can get a tablet price (+$350) for a phone with a 2 yr contract.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dude you can get a 64 micro sd class 10 from Amazon for around 55 bucks much cheaper than paying verizon for the extra memory. i have one in my S3 right now and it doesnt affect the speed of the device at all.

I think one of the bigger reasons for people wanting bigger internal memory is for the apps, as you can not move apps to sd. So someone who downloads a lot of apps (especially larger ones) will not benefit from external memory.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the bigger reasons for people wanting bigger internal memory is for the apps, as you can not move apps to sd. So someone who downloads a lot of apps (especially larger ones) will not benefit from external memory.
I thought they were supposed to fix that in ICS or JB? Maybe I was just wishful thinking, but I thought I read that somewhere?

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I thought they were supposed to fix that in ICS or JB? Maybe I was just wishful thinking, but I thought I read that somewhere?

With google pushing everything to the cloud, they don't want SD cards to hinder Android's performance so they got rid of Apps2SD in Jellybean.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not even close to filling the memory on my Gnex. 16gig is plenty for me if I have an sd card for media.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2