Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: People are getting mad about the logo on the home button. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerboy2253 View Post
    Maybe someone can help me understand why everyone is so upset about the branding? Really…
    In my opinion, the home button branding makes a very elegant and streamlined design seem cluttered and tacky. The placement is just awkward and doesn't work visually. That is a big deal for some people, which I totally understand. For your clothes analogy, it would be like your new Nikes having an ugly Famous Footwear logo on the tounge or something. I'm sure people would love to show off their awesome new Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Instead they have to show off their tacky phone from Verizon. Really, who brags about their carrier?

Others are simply upset that Verizon was the only carrier to do this. So your friend may have the clean AT&T version, but you're stuck with the tacky Verizon one. Again some people don't care about this kind of stuff, but it shouldn't matter if they do.

I think it was a dumb move, and have no problem is someone doesn't buy the phone because of the look or on principle for Verizon being so heavy-handed in their advertising. More power to them. It won't prevent me from buying one (if I can finally decide between the Note 2 and the S3 lol). But if I end up with the Note 2, I plan on putting something over the home button to give it a cleaner look.

BTW, good luck with your neighbor!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: People are getting mad about the logo on the home button. I don't get it.

I don't mind carrier logo's on the phone to a point, but it should be smack in your face or on a button. As mentioned her on AC The first Verizon Galaxy Note 2 accessory you'll want to buy | Android Central and $10 is a lot to pay for stickers, but its an option. As for car dealers doing it, I have never purchased a car with dealer branding on it. Its a condition of the sale that is written in when I purchase my car(s). I am happy to tell people where I got the car, the quality of service etc, but I don't need a tag on my trunk.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

If we really want to make a point we can just leave the logo on the button and add one more word to the front....

People are getting mad about the logo on the home button. I don't get it.-gsnote2-verizon.jpg

But hey, that's just me.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

Who cares is right. My Maxx HD has Verizon written right under the screen and you dont us complaining.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Who cares is right. My Maxx HD has Verizon written right under the screen and you dont us complaining.

That's a Verizon flagship bloated DROID its completely different when every other carrier got the phone and didnt slap their branding all over the front of the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    That's a Verizon flagship bloated DROID its completely different when every other carrier got the phone and didnt slap their branding all over the front of the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Flagship or not, it's a logo. I understand why some are against it but the excessive hatred seems unwarranted. But hey, that's just me. Damn Acura for putting an Acura badge on my TSX.

Global Posts
    4,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just a matter of time before someone figures out how to remove the logo. When the BB 9900/9930 launched, people didn't like the carrier logo at the bottom. Someone figured out all it took was a copper (genuine copper) penny and it would rub right off. I bet it will be something easy.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Flagship or not, it's a logo. I understand why some are against it but the excessive hatred seems unwarranted. But hey, that's just me. Damn Acura for putting an Acura badge on my TSX.
    That's not the same thing. Acura is the manufacturer of you car. Samsung is the manufacturer of the phone. No one is complaining about the Samsung logos. I bet you'd be pretty pissed off if you had an Acura of Illinois logo on you hood of you car though.

Quote Originally Posted by jharo View Post
    That's not the same thing. Acura is the manufacturer of you car. Samsung is the manufacturer of the phone. No one is complaining about the Samsung logos. I bet you'd be pretty pissed off if you had an Acura of Illinois logo on you hood of you car though.
    True, but most cars have some sort of dealer insignia placed on them, and that is the exact same thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    5,206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

So the branding is like a tat located on a certain spot. Ya know its going to be there looking back at you every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sno4Life View Post
    True, but most cars have some sort of dealer insignia placed on them, and that is the exact same thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Not on the hood they don't

Quote Originally Posted by jharo View Post
    True. Dealers are not allowed to badge my car lol. But still, doesn't bother me on a phone for some reason

I'm just mad that Verizon is releasing a phone (HTC DNA) they just announced today ahead of the Note 2 that was announced over 2 1/2 weeks ago!

The Nottinator
    Irish1842 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I'm just mad that Verizon is releasing a phone (HTC DNA) they just announced today ahead of the Note 2 that was announced over 2 1/2 weeks ago!

The Nottinator
    It's all about exclusivity and the Droid brand.
    Verizon couldn't care less about a niche (phablet) product that is available on 4 other US carriers (not counting the many international).
    The GN2 launch was delayed by the RAZR line and now the DNA launch is being moved ahead.
    Big Red is sending Samsung a message about its power in the US market.
    If you are not exclusive get to the back of the line.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    taylorz_412 likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Just a matter of time before someone figures out how to remove the logo. When the BB 9900/9930 launched, people didn't like the carrier logo at the bottom. Someone figured out all it took was a copper (genuine copper) penny and it would rub right off. I bet it will be something easy.
    They already did figure out how to get rid of it. just cover it up with a sticker lol. Although i really careless about the logo, i dont really understand the big deal
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123