pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does the VZW version of the Note 2 have NFC? Their website says that it doesn't. But, they say it has S Beam. Doesn't S Beam use NFC?

heartofcode

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
When you compare Galaxy Note 2 to Galaxy S3, Verizon lists S3 as "Yes" and Note 2 as "No" for NFC.

I couldn't begin to understand why that would be, so I'm hoping it's just a mistake, but so far it's looking like a "No" is being specified by Verizon...can someone prove otherwise?! This is THE number one feature I want to switch to Android...may end up with an S3 if the Note 2 doesn't have NFC...and I really want the Note 2!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When you compare Galaxy Note 2 to Galaxy S3, Verizon lists S3 as "Yes" and Note 2 as "No" for NFC.

I couldn't begin to understand why that would be, so I'm hoping it's just a mistake, but so far it's looking like a "No" is being specified by Verizon...can someone prove otherwise?! This is THE number one feature I want to switch to Android...may end up with an S3 if the Note 2 doesn't have NFC...and I really want the Note 2!

That's why I started the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
has nfc contacts built in and wireless charging (Qi) contacts built in. Only there has been no mention of wireless charging back cover being released? Makes no sense, perplexing.

Samsung's wireless charger wgent into production late last month. So you should be seeing it soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums