Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: No Multi-tasking on VZW model?

Sprint has confirmed an update on their community forum...

Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Verizon is advertising it as having that feature and Sprint just got it so it should be very likely.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I have the Sprint GN2, I manually downloaded and installed the update yesterday, and now the Multi-Window feature is working just fine. Also, there are now ten toggles in the Notification Panel pull-down, and they are scrollable horizontally (before the update there were only five).

The Android version is still 4.1.1.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Verizon version of the GN2 comes with the Multi-Window feature already installed, when it finally arrives!

So Snapz, the man makes a reasonable assumption which you jump him for then you go and spew all that nonsense?

Get outta town man, let's just see what comes in da box!

The Nottinator

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brentj View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Verizon version of the GN2 comes with the Multi-Window feature already installed, when it finally arrives!
    Quote Originally Posted by snapz54 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me, if you had absolutely no basis to say what you said here.
    Heh, it DOES surprise me that you think you may have any basis for determining what would or would not surprise me.

But, yes, my comment was based solely on the chronology of the release of the international version, the Sprint version, and in several weeks the Verizon version, together with the fairly prompt updates to the international and Sprint versions to add the Multi-Window feature. I've just guessed that the Samsung production lines started churning out international units and then Sprint units before the software for Multi-Window was completely finished, but that as production moves on to the Verizon version they'll be able to include that feature out-of-the-box. I can say with 100% certainty that this outcome would not surprise me.

But I confess that I did not take into account the possibility that Verizon takes a perverse pleasure in tormenting its customers.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

From what I read, the newest leak does not have it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

I'm sure we can download it from somewhere like I see other people on other carriers doing.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

While Verizon is the last to the party (and always is) there would be no reason to exclude this feature given its selling point on other carriers. Verizon also is not going to rewrite they apps for on specific phone so it can use that feature which would be pointless. I mean really who actually uses VZNavigator to begin with let alone wants to be in their account while reading email. I have better things to be doing.

Not to mention if Snapz54 bothered to read the "Learn More" page on the GN2 it says this:

Multi-task More Than Ever Before

Take multi-tasking to a whole other level with a brilliant 5.5" screen and amazingly innovative capabilities.

* Multi Window. Divide the screen into two active "windows" creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications.
    * Popup Video. Watch your favorite video and run other applications at the same time, in the same view
    * Popup Browser. Open a web link without leaving what youre doing. View a webpage and what is displayed conveniently underneath.
    * Popup Notes. Open a convenient pop-up window to jot down a quick note or idea.

So is Verizon going to advertise a feature then leave it out and get sued for false advertising, they can but they have advertised it and if they don't deliver it they lose.
    Thanked by:
    NHBass39 likes this.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    While Verizon is the last to the party (and always is) there would be no reason to exclude this feature given its selling point on other carriers. Verizon also is not going to rewrite they apps for on specific phone so it can use that feature which would be pointless. I mean really who actually uses VZNavigator to begin with let alone wants to be in their account while reading email. I have better things to be doing.

Not to mention if Snapz54 bothered to read the "Learn More" page on the GN2 it says this:

Multi-task More Than Ever Before

Take multi-tasking to a whole other level with a brilliant 5.5" screen and amazingly innovative capabilities.

* Multi Window. Divide the screen into two active "windows" creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications.
    * Popup Video. Watch your favorite video and run other applications at the same time, in the same view
    * Popup Browser. Open a web link without leaving what youre doing. View a webpage and what is displayed conveniently underneath.
    * Popup Notes. Open a convenient pop-up window to jot down a quick note or idea.

So is Verizon going to advertise a feature then leave it out and get sued for false advertising, they can but they have advertised it and if they don't deliver it they lose.
    Thanks for posting this.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by snapz54 View Post
    Oh, so the threat of legal action keeps Verizon on the straight and narrow? Right on, you go ahead and go file a lawsuit and sue a giant multinational corporation for false advertising, see how that works out *****.

Verizon know the people that will have a verizon GN2 are going to have it no matter what, they unnecessarily made us wait an additional month. They don't risk losing anything if they don't deliver on a promise. Also, I reiterate, they have a history of stupid sh#t like this. The Verizon page for the Droid xyboard 8.2 tablet advertised "android 4.0 ice cream sandwich" as a current feature and a selling point for a full month before they actually delivered the update recently.

For those that say the other carriers didn't ship with the update because it was pushed out too quick. That samsung pushed a quick update to fix that omission, that is entirely not how verizon works. Verizon doesn't care if a manufacturer's update is ready, they take on average an extra 6 months or so to approve updates that other carriers already have.

Again, your jaws all must hurt.
    I hate that you morons as a group help determine my experience with verizon in the future. Grow some backbone.
    You are reported to the mod. Raptor007 was offering advise. Thses forums are for helping people and offering opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Where did you read that? And what is this "leak" you speak of? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by Synycalwon; 11-11-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    You are reported to the mod. Raptor007 was offering advise. Thses forums are for helping people and offering opinions.
    Thank you for doing so. This thread has been cleaned, and you won't have any more problems with the offending member.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Where did you read that? And what is this "leak" you speak of? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Discard my drivel, this was supposed to be posted in another thread... My bad

Thanks ragnarokx!

The Nottinator
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12