Why is this not shipping until 11/27?

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I came to Verizon in Feb. of this year from Sprint, because of things like this. I am happy with their network, it is night and day different in my area. Are they trying to sell their Droid line or something? Does it take a month to stamp the home button with your stupid logo? Take my money already!

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe they have an exclusive launch window for the Moto RAZR line (M, HD, Maxx HD).
It makes more sense (and dollars) for Big Red to promote the exclusive RAZR line that will draw subscribers.
I love the GN2 (and eagerly awaiting it's VZW arrival) but you can get it on any carrier (just as you can the GS3). No one is coming to Verizon for the GN2, they are for a RAZR.
We will just have to wait.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You're most likely right. Those RAZR things don't even bleep up on my radar. The second I saw something on the Note 2 I knew I'd own it. Part of the reason I came to Verizon is I figured their launches would be better than Sprint's. Nope, just the network!

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I also theorize that the popped the pre-order up before they originally intended. I think VZW planned to start the pre-orders about 2 weeks out, but they didn't want to lose customers to other networks simply due to the perceived lack of the Note II, which they knew was on the horizon. VZW simply gave the barking dogs a bone...Obviously, this is a wholly unsubstantiated theory...

Last edited:

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Whatever the reasons are, I hope that we can get our devices sooner than later. I'm currently using Sprint's SG III, so that will help with the waiting process. I talked to a Verizon rep yesterday, and he tried to give me some solace by saying the Iphone 5 was shipped a few days sooner that the posted shipped by date. However, as I write this on 10/30, a few days seem insignificant when we have about four more weeks of waiting left.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My guess is they need to push other phones they have exclusives on, and maybe the dual window multi-task feature as noted on the pre-order page is coming pre-loaded.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is getting too large, and they are going about it the wrong way by pushing us the customers around and not the other carriers. It's just getting worse and worse how they push us around

I'm leaving vzw as soon as I can afford two nexus4 off the play site and will be going to straight talk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I think its hilarious that you guys are getting so upset at Verizon for this. They are doing what makes sense and spreading out their releases which is smart from a company stand point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Companies make profits, shareholders invest more, companies invest more and customers spend more. We are the lowest and least important part of any wireless carriers org chart, yet without us there is no wireless carrier.

Yet in my market, AT&T sucks, T-Mo . . . well what can you say they suck just about everywhere and the failed merger only screwed them more and finally Sprint is losing cash faster than a drunken sailor during fleet week. Perhaps with the cash infusion from their new majority stake holder Sprint can rebound.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Serving the customer is the number one priority as without them nothing else matters. Shareholders don't make money, employees don't have jobs, etc.
But what we as customers have to realize is that there are tens of millions of us vzw customers and we all want what we want now.
Vzw is a pretty conservative company and they try to take their time and launch their products right. It has paid off as they are the largest US cell company, with the best network and the best strategic plan. Vzw went with LTE years ago and now every US company is finally moving in that direction and scrambling to catch up.

As much as I want the GN2 I realize with it's 5.5" screen and $300/$700 price it is a niche product. It is far down the list of product priorities. It will be available following a full 30 day exclusive launch of the RAZR HD line. A higher volume product that is only available on Verizon.
You will not see one Verizon commercial for the GN2 because, unlike the RAZR, it is available on 4 other US carriers. So as much as people want to scream, not many are really going to leave vzw because they have to wait an extra 30 days or there is a logo on the home button. Customers will leave if the quality and performance of the network is not worth the premium paid over other carriers.

I will wait the 30 days while watching and learning from the GN2 owners on the other carriers. Hopefully most bugs and issues will be discovered in that time. If the logo on the home button bothers me that much (doubtful) I will simply remove it with fingernail polish remover.
The true question for me is whether I can wait for a 32gb GN2 in the spring.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to two local vZ brick and mortar stores, neither has the GN2 for 'hands on'
While there's alot of information on the GN2 (I've been tracking it closely, this and the DNA) nothing beats having it in your hands to test drive.
I'm going to a ATT store today to see if they have one to get a feel, especially moving to such a large device (current htc tbolt 4.5).
Before I buy something that will be with me for two years I need to know if it 'fits' me, I'm 6' 230 my partner wants us to have the same phone
so I can show her all the neat tricks they do, but she's 5'1" 120lbs so it may not work for her, but she is looking at the spen since she has trouble
typing with her nails!

Pre-Order on something one hasn't touched or tried is a joke, for vZ to not have these in their stores to demo before a pre order
is very presumptuous, though you would have you x number of days to return it and move to another phone, which I might do, I just
don't need a new phone in such a way I can't wait a few weeks.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sprint and Best Buy should have them on display for you. The 2 Sprint stores in Reston, Va near where I live in Herndon was sold out on launch day but they had both colors on display working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I never consider Best Buy for checking out a phone since they are dummy units and you can't actually do anything with it other than hold it, and that's not sufficient. I will likely stop by by my AT&T store on the way home to check out their GN2 to get a sense of what its like. I did make a paper mockup of its size and to me its not unmanageable, its big, and will fit well in one hand and sure I need to use two hands to get the full benefit of it, so what. I want a real phone that can do more.

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I thought I was the only one who made a paper mock up!

I call it my paper phone. If the general consensus is that Verizon is holding off is due to the window for selling the RAZR phones, how long do we think that window is? Are we looking at an actual release near the middle of the month, or the end?

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is so over rated...

Actually I left TMo for Verizon back in May and I regret changing. I wanted a RAZR Maxx and LTE since their map showed I was covered in LTE from home to work and then some. When I fired up my Maxx at the Verizon store I was hitting downloads of 32 plus consistently and had a couple of 39's on the way home which is only 5 miles from the store. I got home and was shocked to see that I had no LTE and only one bar (-113dbm) of 3G. I have had several conversations with Verizon and supposedly they have a new tower coming on before the end of the year which will get me my LTE, but I'm not holding my breath. Ironically my GS2 was consistently over 20 with peaks of 27 at home and I had more data and was paying less for my service. I have found in Metro Atlanta where I live that there is no advantage being on Verizon and that I actually had better service on T-Mobile where I had no contract and a much cheaper plan with more data. I am not bashing Verizon in any shape or form, just stating the facts.
And yes I know my comments are off topic, but so are others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is killing me over this phone, I'm going to wait for it but I want it now!

They must know this and are torturing me lol.

The Nottinator

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What do you want to bet that the HTC DNA will come out first that Verizon and HTC will be announcing on the 13th?

The Nottinator