Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Canceled Pre-Order

    I just canceled my preorder from Verizon. I just saw the specs for the HTC DNA and I want to see both phones hand in hand. Im not in a rush for upgrade. What are your inputs on the 2 phones?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    I think they both are nice phones I like HTC build quality on there phones and the 1080p screen on the DNA but I think im going for the note2 because of the bigger screen I watch a lot of YouTube and movies on my phone so that's a plus and I like the 3100mah battery

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  
    XXI
    XXI is offline
    XXI's Avatar

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    I am a big HTC fan had HTC Droid Inc->Thunder bolt->Rezound, but I am leaning towards the N2 cause of the SD card and removable battery and I thing the SN2 has a wider more square screen which I like
  4. #4  
    raffitou's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by XXI View Post
    I am a big HTC fan had HTC Droid Inc->Thunder bolt->Rezound, but I am leaning towards the N2 cause of the SD card and removable battery and I thing the SN2 has a wider more square screen which I like
    Same here, coming from a Thunderbolt. If they had a removable battery and an SD is at least consider it. The larger screen on the N2 is a definite plus for me.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Also coming from the Thunderbolt. I am honestly not very interested in the DNA, though I am a huge fan of HTC. If you compare the phones side by side they are honestly completely different pieces of technology. The DNA is just a supercharged standard smartphone; no different from my Thunderbolt, other than the hardware. Whereas the Note 2 somewhat redefines what a smartphone can be with all of the built in software features and the s-pen functionality. Another thing to consider is that the Note 2 is available globally and to all US carriers. Meaning that there will be an immense amount of support for it as far as ROM development and available accessories. Whereas the DNA is a Verizon exclusive. At the end of the day it really comes down to how much you see yourself utilizing the s-pen and multi-window features. Will you be using the phone just to text, facebook, and youtube, or will you use it to perform advanced tasks (such as the formula solving feature in s-note) like it's a second computer?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Not really interested in the DNA. I think 1080p is a waste on a 5 inch display. You arn't really going to see a difference in anything, but it is still going to suck a lot more battery life then an equivalent 720p display.

    If you discount the higher resolution, you are left with a really fast mid end device with no expandable storage and on replaceable battery. Compared to the Note2, its a smaller screen and no S-Pen.

    Frankly, I'm not sure why they are considered to be in the same market.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Not really interested in the DNA. I think 1080p is a waste on a 5 inch display. You arn't really going to see a difference in anything, but it is still going to suck a lot more battery life then an equivalent 720p display.

    If you discount the higher resolution, you are left with a really fast mid end device with no expandable storage and on replaceable battery. Compared to the Note2, its a smaller screen and no S-Pen.

    Frankly, I'm not sure why they are considered to be in the same market.
    Exactly...The DNA has great phone specs...but the Note 2 is so much more than a phone with the S-Pen and its software. It takes more than a 5" screen to be a phablet!
    Cory
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    S-Pen takes the cake! Galaxy Note 2 all the way!
    cdf3 likes this.
  9. #9  
    cw0974's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    S-Pen takes the cake! Galaxy Note 2 all the way!
    This might have the DNA fall behind the note 2. I understand that a stylus is not standard, but since the S-Pen is so useful, it might set the standard a bit high. I think the intuition kind of failed on similar grounds. Not saying that the DNA will fail though.
  10. #10  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0974 View Post
    This might have the DNA fall behind the note 2. I understand that a stylus is not standard, but since the S-Pen is so useful, it might set the standard a bit high. I think the intuition kind of failed on similar grounds. Not saying that the DNA will fail though.
    Along the lines of what everyone seems to be saying, I think they are two different classes of smartphone. I would go dna, unless it doesn't have an sdcard slot, because I do not need the extras the note2 brings. It is essentially overkill for me.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  
    cw0974's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Along the lines of what everyone seems to be saying, I think they are two different classes of smartphone. I would go dna, unless it doesn't have an sdcard slot, because I do not need the extras the note2 brings. It is essentially overkill for me.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I can also agree with that. As the S-pen is not something I necessarily need, it is a fun function to have. Is there a possibility that the DNA will release at 199.99 instead of it being like the note 2 and dropping at 299.99?
  12. #12  
    gafly's Avatar

    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    I've said this before elsewhere but, for the record, I think people are going to absolutely fall in love with the DNA's screen for the first 4 hours... then they're going to start looking around for outlets to charge up.

    2020 or 2100 or even 2500 mAh, I think, is going to be too small of a battery for a 5" 1080p screen.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle
  13. #13  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,183 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    I have owned many HTC phones in the past including the Droid Incredible and HTC Thunderbolt, but while the build quality was excellent, the performance of the devices left me underwhelmed in the end. Poor battery life on the TB coupled with the huge hump for an extended battery I just couldn't deal with it in the end.

    Now when comparing the two super sized smartphones for me the added features and benefits of the GN2 with the S-Pen and added software features and tweaks that has my attention. I have watched a number of video reviews and that is what has drawn me in to the GN2. Your on a call and you need to take notes or draw something quick, pull out the stylus and your off and running. No need to find paper and pen, once the S-Pen comes out during a call the notes app opens up. Samsung for me took everything they did right on the OG GN and updated it and brought even more to their game this time around.

    For me Samsung is showing Apple up big time, calling them out by showing the world they innovate, offer many different phones for different users and markets and ultimately give their customers CHOICES, something Apple doesn't do at all.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Apple gives you choices. It's apple or something else.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Apple gives you one choice.......it's them or nothing!



    The Nottinator
  16. #16  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    843 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by gafly View Post
    I've said this before elsewhere but, for the record, I think people are going to absolutely fall in love with the DNA's screen for the first 4 hours... then they're going to start looking around for outlets to charge up.

    2020 or 2100 or even 2500 mAh, I think, is going to be too small of a battery for a 5" 1080p screen.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I think you are wrong on this. Specially without knowing how much the screen will actually drain the battery you could be very wrong on it...

    Also some people are used to battery drains and don't care... I came froma Palm Pre+ where i'd be lucky to get 4 hours on a battery.. All it made me do was have a power cable in all the places I needed. 3 at home, 1 at my desk in the home office. 1 at my desk at my 2 remote offices 1 in the car. the nice thing is that they all use micro USB so i'll always have those power plugs for the next phone I get. And for being tethered to a power plug... please I'm more tethered to my desk then any power plug. Also for airports I'm not sure when the last time you flew but Mine was Sept 1-17 and then Oct 8-31 ALL my terminals had power at the waiting seats... no on the walls but right beside the seats they had 4 outlets for each side of the chairs. Plenty of space for bricks this is not your fathers airline services. Heck some of the planes now even have power plugs in them.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  17. #17  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,183 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Well, the GN2 does have a larger battery so it does give you a little longer life. But at least you can use any microUSB cable to charge vs Apple proprietary crap.
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    We all have to remember that tech has advance so much in the last year, battery life is becoming less of a concern. I thought for sure when I got my sgs that I was getting more than the rezound but less than a full day. I am very surprised at how well it holds up. The dna could hold up well, certainly though it will be better than than the tb and the rezound

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  

    Default Canceled Pre-Order

    I plan on getting the Note 2. The new HTC device doesn't interest me. I've had two different HTC Android phones prior to the Razr Maxx I'm currently using. The HTC phones had great build quality, but not in the battery department. I prefer the battery for the Note 2, in comparison to what HTC is offering for their upcoming phone.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  20. #20  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    I plan on getting the Note 2. The new HTC device doesn't interest me. I've had two different HTC Android phones prior to the Razr Maxx I'm currently using. The HTC phones had great build quality, but not in the battery department. I prefer the battery for the Note 2, in comparison to what HTC is offering for their upcoming phone.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The HTC is going to be the same as the sgs, and should get good battery life.

    The note is going to pack a bigger battery, but it will have to power more

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  

    Default Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    The HTC is going to be the same as the sgs, and should get good battery life.

    The note is going to pack a bigger battery, but it will have to power more

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Having to power more... As in?



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  22. #22  
    Linebarrel86's Avatar

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    DNA for me.

    I've owned Motorla phones and Samsungs. It's time to try out HTC. The merits for the Note are good, but do I really see myself using it a lot? Not for me personally. I had a Samsung Delve and it had a stylus. Granted, that was a horrible phone from years past, but it highlights why I personally don't need one. It's easy to lose if your not careful.

    The bigger battery is a mild plus, but I've ordered a Mophie juice pack. The SD card would be a plus, but since I've started combing through my music collection and have deleted literally hundreds of songs, I don't need to store as much on my device.

    Again, the Note is great for many, but I'm gonna roll with HTC.
  23. #23  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    Having to power more... As in?



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Half an inch of 1080p screen

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Linebarrel86 View Post
    DNA for me.

    I've owned Motorla phones and Samsungs. It's time to try out HTC. The merits for the Note are good, but do I really see myself using it a lot? Not for me personally. I had a Samsung Delve and it had a stylus. Granted, that was a horrible phone from years past, but it highlights why I personally don't need one. It's easy to lose if your not careful.

    The bigger battery is a mild plus, but I've ordered a Mophie juice pack. The SD card would be a plus, but since I've started combing through my music collection and have deleted literally hundreds of songs, I don't need to store as much on my device.

    Again, the Note is great for many, but I'm gonna roll with HTC.
    There is a Mophie for the DNA????
  25. #25  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Canceled Pre-Order

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    There is a Mophie for the DNA????
    The sgs3 just got one so I would say no to that brand, but I am sure they or another company will have one

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. N7 backlog due to Google not canceling pre-orders
    By tacsniper86 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
  2. share everything plan game changer may cancel pre-order
    By dkeven in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 08:41 PM
  3. Amazon peeps - Anybody else never have their pre-order cancelled?
    By dickchamberlin in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM
  4. Amazon just canceled my pre-order
    By yapkuen in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
  5. Wirefly just cancelled my pre-order! Where else can I save?
    By AlvinPing in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

B