GN2 & DNA release dates 15 days apart?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty much set that the Note 2 and DNA are the two "super phones" Verizon has coming this last part of 2012. Even though I have pre-ordered. I may cancel my order, and bite the bullet and continue to use my Palm Pixie backup, to ensure that I can return the Note 2 and swap it for the DNA if I am not happy with the Note 2. This is assuming the Note 2 is released before the DNA.

Knowing that Verizon knows what I know..... :)

Do you think the 2 phones will be released 15 days or more apart to prevent first day(s) buyers from swapping phones?

... I realize this is a silly post.... but hey, we need something else to speculate about.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Its pretty much set that the Note 2 and DNA are the two "super phones" Verizon has coming this last part of 2012. Even though I have pre-ordered. I may cancel my order, and bite the bullet and continue to use my Palm Pixie backup, to ensure that I can return the Note 2 and swap it for the DNA if I am not happy with the Note 2. This is assuming the Note 2 is released before the DNA.

Knowing that Verizon knows what I know..... :)

Do you think the 2 phones will be released 15 days or more apart to prevent first day(s) buyers from swapping phones?

... I realize this is a silly post.... but hey, we need something else to speculate about.

I thoroughly enjoy speculating indeed. Here's my theory. They will announce the DNA on the 13th and release the 15th. Then release the Note 2 on the 29th putting you on the last day of the return cycle darn it. I would hope the Note 2 would come earlier though.

I was hoping for a November 15th release for the Note 2 and a later release for the DNA myself but I don't see that happening. So many factors go into releasing these phones marketing wise and strategically. Personally I believe there's more excitement over the Note 2 that the DNA.
Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Last edited:

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoy speculating indeed. Here's my theory. They will announce the DNA on the 13th and release the 15th. Then release the Note 2 on the 29th putting you on the last day of the return cycle darn it. I would hope the Note 2 would come earlier though.

I was hoping for a November 15th release for the Note 2 and a later release for the DNA myself but I don't see that happening. So many factors go into releasing these phones marketing wise and strategically. Personally I believe there's more excitement over the Note 2 that the DNA.

Solid rumors have the DNA being released after the GN2 around Thanksgiving. Verizon usually staggers launches so each new phone has an exclusive launch window. I doubt the DNA will ship before Dec. 1.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Solid rumors have the DNA being released after the GN2 around Thanksgiving. Verizon usually staggers launches so each new phone has an exclusive launch window. I doubt the DNA will ship before Dec. 1.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

So this wouldn't indeed mean that there are rumors of of an earlier than November 29 release for the GNote 2??

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: GN2 & DNA release dates 15 days apart?

I wish this were the case but droid-life is reporting from Verizon's Google+ Page that the DNA will release November 20th with an official unboxing November 19th.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: GN2 & DNA release dates 15 days apart?

So they are launching it 2 weeks earlier than the GN2, what a crock of . . . well you know. WTF is their issue with launching a real phablet device and competing.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So they are launching it 2 weeks earlier than the GN2, what a crock of . . . well you know. WTF is their issue with launching a real phablet device and competing.

It's all about exclusivity and the Droid brand.
Verizon couldn't care less about a niche phone that is on 4 other carriers. They delayed the launch of the GN2 for the RAZR line and now they have moved the DNA up ahead of the GN2.
It seems they are sending a message to Samsung to demonstrate their power in the US market.
Big Red wants exclusive phones or get to the back of the line.

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm just thankful that Verizon now has the Note 2 (already pre-ordered it), otherwise I'd still be waiting for something new (HTC DNA is DOA to me due to the non-removable battery). IMO, the Note 2 is hands down the best phone on Verizon right now. So I'm willing to wait a bit for it. As the expression goes, "Good things come to those who wait." :)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm just thankful that Verizon now has the Note 2 (already pre-ordered it), otherwise I'd still be waiting for something new (HTC DNA is DOA to me due to the non-removable battery). IMO, the Note 2 is hands down the best phone on Verizon right now. So I'm willing to wait a bit for it. As the expression goes, "Good things come to those who wait." :)

And wait.....and wait.....and wait.....:D

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
We should actually be grateful for Verizon and their exclusive Droid line. Remember that the original Droid was responsible for a huge leap in Android adoption and gave the fledgling OS the push it needed against competing smart phones like Apple and BB that it needed to go mainstream!

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
We should actually be grateful for Verizon and their exclusive Droid line. Remember that the original Droid was responsible for a huge leap in Android adoption and gave the fledgling OS the push it needed against competing smart phones like Apple and BB that it needed to go mainstream!
You are correct.
The Droid Brand was Verizon's answer to the iPhone when it was still exclusive to AT&T.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon loves their exclusives and they luck to bend their customers over too. If you buy the DNA on launch day and the GN2 ships 15 days later you are out of luck on exchanging it. I'll wait for the GN2, if I am going to get a big phone I want one that actually does some useful stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21